U-17 World Cup Thread | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

U-17 World Cup Thread

I didn't see today's game but the USA lost 2-0. However, it doesn't matter since the USA had already clinched a spot in the next round and will play Brazil on Sunday.

USA lost to Spain....pssssh. Forget the U-17 World Cup...watch the real games...like England Vs Croatia, Argentina Vs Uruguay, Germany vs Italy, Peru Vs Mexico etc.

U-17 World Cup is great! You get to see the future instead of a stupid, meaningless friendly (which I won't watch unless the USA is playing). I want to see Freddy Adu!!!!

Ummm but umm the players in Friedlies are the NOW players...not the future.

Freddy Adu is absolutely amazing, I hope he can blow up soccer in the States like Tiger Woods in golf. I also hope he will be eligible to play in World Cup 2006 in Germany. That would be incredible, the rest of the world would see USA improving even better with young players Adu, Corey Ashe, Booby Convey, Jamie Watson, those are 4 DYNAMIC young players who have been seeked by grand giant club teams like Inter Milan, St. Germain Paris, Man U., and of course the MLS. Add those guys to Donovan and Mathis..WOW.

I hope the US wins the U-17 Fifa Torney with Adu, that should definitely and finally put soccer in the US sports media.

http://www.msnbc.com/news/850564.asp?0cb=-71n5737

Check this link out on Freddy Adu, its real good.

Freddy Adu would definitely be eligible to play in the 2006 World Cup, the only problem is if he will be able to make the squad, and with the way he is progressing, I think he will. In the last World Cup, Donovan and Beasley were two of the youngest people in the competition if not the youngest, which shows that the USA will play a really young person if good enough. Adu will be 17 in the 2006 WC, which would be extremely young and maybe even the youngest player to ever play in a WC, but with his skill it is possible.

Bobby Convey was signed by Tottenham Hotspur in England pending that he gets a work permit which he will probably get. Spurs are in the EPL and they have a lot of money but like Paris SG they aren't really good.

The USA is starting to get very good at soccer. We continue to develop very good youngsters who are getting signed by clubs abroad. Jonathan Spector, a 17 year old defender, was recently signed by Manchester United.

The USA also has sick keepers. Tim Howard starts at Manchester United and has been very good so far, Brad Friedel was the best keeper in the EPL last year at Blackburn, and Kasey Keller starts for Tottenham Hotspur.

USA is improving but that loss to the U-23 Brazilian Squad was not good.

Originally posted by Prime Time

That wasn't a bad team, there were lots of good players on that Brazilian team and the USA fielded far from a full squad. I am very surprised that the Brazilian U-23 team couldn't beat Mexico in the final.

Originally posted by Prime Time

I went to that game if you're talking about the one in the Orange Bowl like a month ago. Actually that was the Gold Cup. US was leading 1-0 when Brazil scored with 3 minutes remaining in the 2nd half. Then US kinda gave up, they focused on defense and not offense, trying to into PKs, but they lost in a penalty kick in overtime.

DolFan I went to the game too...my dad almost got in a fight with a Brazilian. We had nice seats. 1st section. It was a great game though. Very exciting. Nothing compares to Soccer.

Let's go USA, we cannot lose to Brazil every month of the summer...that would be dissapoiting. We lost to them in the Confed Cup in June, lost in the Gold Cup in July, we have to win one.

Lost 3-0...eliminated from U-17 Cup....Brazil dominated us again.

USA played horrible, you could see they were intimatated by Brazil. Corey Ashe looked scared, and Adu tried to play assist man all day, plus he got too fancy sometimes. I saw the whole game, I was sooo freakin dissappointed.

Been watching the Premier league of England, I love that league, its my favorite.

Back
Top Bottom