UFC 61: Bitter Rivals | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UFC 61: Bitter Rivals

quick stoppage but it was for the best. shamrock couldn't defend himself. the elbows would have kept on coming.

MikeO said:
The coaches are established but the contestants are established guys this time not unkowns.

Randy and St.Piere are the coaches

Ahh, I must have missed the announcement.. thanks! Anyway, I looked it up and it looks like Ultimate Fighter 4 won't have "coaches" but advisors and councels: Couture, St. Piere and Delagrati.

http://www.ultimate-fighter.ca/ufc-blog.php?id=1

Hopefully, Shamrock calls it quits, but maybe he still wants respect??...

This is the darkest day in UFC history. It really is. With TUF and weekly TV now on cable. The company has a ton of momentum and is passing boxing. Slowly moving towards WWE in PPV business and trying to get a chunk of their market. Making money for the first time ever and getting national exposure. They have their biggest PPV ever......yes EVER and it ends in 1 min with a bogus ref stopage.

A ton of new first time UFC viewers on PPV all feel burned and want their $40 back. UFC will never get those people to buy another PPV.

If Shamrock couldn't last more than 1 min and 4 or 5 elbows, then the Nevada Athletic Commision shouldn't have let him fight. Once a guy is sanctioned to fight, his age has nothing to do with anything. In the 1st fight you have a 155lb guy lose about 10 lbs of blood in 2 rounds, yet in the double main event a guy can't go past 1 min because of a few elbows????

UFC is screwed. Then talk of another Ortiz-Shamrock match? On PPV it has no chance, nobody will get burned twice and buy it. They just killed off that market. Put it on free TV and nobody will take it seriously after all of the hype this one got. Nobody will tune in and watch that.

and another thing, neither one of these guys (Shamrock or Ortiz) are the least bit likeable.

Shamrock is a self-centered arrogant jerk.

Ortiz is just the biggest P.O.S. in the sport. Not to mention all of the things he says about Ken are true about him. Talk about past his prime, Ortiz is the poster boy of that.

There is a reason why nobody likes Tito Ortiz and everytime he opens his mouth he shows why. This guy has no chance of getting another title shot, Lidell's calender is filled up for a while and by the time Tito is ready he will be even MORE past his prime.

MikeO said:
and another thing, neither one of these guys (Shamrock or Ortiz) are the least bit likeable.

Shamrock is a self-centered arrogant jerk.

Ortiz is just the biggest P.O.S. in the sport. Not to mention all of the things he says about Ken are true about him. Talk about past his prime, Ortiz is the poster boy of that.

There is a reason why nobody likes Tito Ortiz and everytime he opens his mouth he shows why. This guy has no chance of getting another title shot, Lidell's calender is filled up for a while and by the time Tito is ready he will be even MORE past his prime.

Agree completely with this. Funny thing is, I would have never known about these guys' personalities without that Ultimate Fighter show.

I've been watching PRIDE and UFC for quite awhile now and there are fighters I like, but after that show I'm starting to wonder what I'd think about them if I knew what their true personalities were like...

Wow sounds like Shamrock really got owned. And to think I used to like him when he was in the WWF/E. I admit I only saw him fight two times both vs. Dan Severn in the early days of UFC and was pretty impressed with him, but I guess he just sucks now.

Ray Finkle said:
Wow sounds like Shamrock really got owned. And to think I used to like him when he was in the WWF/E. I admit I only saw him fight two times both vs. Dan Severn in the early days of UFC and was pretty impressed with him, but I guess he just sucks now.

Shamrock today is probably as good or better than Shamrock of the past. It's more the guys today being so well-rounded (see Gracie) or so good in comparison to the guys of the past that allows Ortiz to pummel Shamrock and Hughes to pummel Gracie.

ckb2001 said:
Shamrock today is probably as good or better than Shamrock of the past. It's more the guys today being so well-rounded (see Gracie) or so good in comparison to the guys of the past that allows Ortiz to pummel Shamrock and Hughes to pummel Gracie.

I gotcha, I'm far from an expert or knowledgable about UFC, I have only seen a few shows on Spike TV and 2 PPVs. I enjoy it, but I feel like some of the fights are boring but you get that in boxing and wrestling too.

Ray Finkle said:
I gotcha, I'm far from an expert or knowledgable about UFC, I have only seen a few shows on Spike TV and 2 PPVs. I enjoy it, but I feel like some of the fights are boring but you get that in boxing and wrestling too.

Not sure if you have Foxsports, but occasionally they show "PRIDE Fighting Championships". You should take a look at that stuff too. It's (for me) a bit more entertaining to watch.

One reason (that should be implemented in the UFC also) is that the fighters lose a certain percentage of their purse if they are deemed unaggressive enough!!

UFC R.I.P

That main event was a f'n joke! 5 rounds of absolutly NOTHING!!!!!!

UFC died a painful death tonight. The company took about 100 steps back and might not be able to rebound from.

Back
Top Bottom