UNC to retire Hansbrough's jersey | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

UNC to retire Hansbrough's jersey

On the Beasley vs Tyler subject, perhaps if you have them two agree on playing a low post game 1 on 1, then maybe, MAYBE, but other than that, there's no way I put my money on Hansbrough. Sure, Tyler has had a great season and all, but hell, this is Beasley's freshman season and just look at the stats, look at his game.

Their stats are very similar except Tyler is doing it for the #1 team in the Nation while beasley is doing it for a bubble team. Go check the list of Wooden Award winners and tell me how many players from bubble teams won the award?

before we get into the team around them let's remember Tyler was playing an important stretch of this season w/ a 3rd string PG and he carried the Heels during an important stretch which led them back to #1. Let's aslo not forget that before Bill Walker got hurt last season KSU was on their way to the NCAA Tourney so it's not like KSU had no talent and last year KSU was 23-12 and these year they are 20-10. Not that great of a difference considering how great beasley is.

Beasley is the complete package. Tyler has been a one dimensional, low post player his entire college career. His mid range shooting is still suspect despite some improvement. And I mean, he may have peaked already, and that may not be enough to be more than a Udonis Haslem in the NBA.

It's not about NBA potential it's about the POY in COLLEGE. Everyuone agrees Beasley is the better NBA prospect but that's not what this award is about.

To get back on fact, Carolina retires a number if the player wins a legitimate player of the year award. Since Hansbrough won the 1st one given out this year(I would have given the award to Kevin Love of UCLA), the #50 will join the #'s 10, 12, 20, 23, 33, 52, and an NC logo(apparently Carolina did not use numbers in 1924) as retired.

To get back on fact, Carolina retires a number if the player wins a legitimate player of the year award. Since Hansbrough won the 1st one given out this year(I would have given the award to Kevin Love of UCLA), the #50 will join the #'s 10, 12, 20, 23, 33, 52, and an NC logo(apparently Carolina did not use numbers in 1924) as retired.

10- Lennie Rosenbluth
12- Phil Ford
20- George Glamack
23- Michael Jordan
33- Antawn Jamison
52- James Worthy

The one that is represented by the NC Logo is for Jack Cobb
clear.gif

and there's no way Love should get the POY over Hansbrough.

I can't stand Beasley's attitude on the court.

I think I have posted it here but if not let's put to bed this notion that KSU is so much better this year w/ Beasley compared to last year w/o him.

2006-07: 23-12
2007-08: 20-11

and K-State actually won a Big 12 Tourney game last year as well.

Tyler clearly deserves the NPOY Awards.

I dont see whats so special about him. He's got alot of heart and plays hard, but I dont see it.

You know, i had the same exact feeling as you here untill i actually sat down and watched the whole game against VT in the ACC tournament. He just blew me away and changed my mind completely. He's gifted.

UNC must have nothing better to do, or bored, or been too long since retiring a jersey, and need to keep in practice or something...haha.
No way is Hansbrough in the same league as MJ or Worthy , Ford or others...He is good, don't get me wrong, but retiring his jersey now? Naw, Just can't see it...Yeah i am a Duke fan, but Even were I a TH fan, would still think the same,....but then I was one that did not much care for Christian Laetner....knew someone that worked in the medical dept at Duke when he played, and she said he was like a baby, every little scratch almost and he was a sickbay puppy....I posted that so that you would know I was not saying that about Hansbrough just because I hate UNC...UNC as well as Duke have put out some very good players, but very few deserving of retired jerseys....t

ACC Champ. Next up: NCAA Champ!
whoops, free thanks there...hit the wrong button..

I really don't think UNC nor Duke(my team in BB) will win the championship...I think it comes back to Memphis or maybe Kansas ...not even sure unc and duke will make final 4....any team can be beat on any given day and that was shown in regular season by both getting beat by a couple teams they should not have. Much as I hate to admit it, there was no way Duke should have beaten UNC at UNC in regular season, but they did...so any given day....

UNC must have nothing better to do, or bored, or been too long since retiring a jersey, and need to keep in practice or something...haha.
No way is Hansbrough in the same league as MJ or Worthy , Ford or others...He is good, don't get me wrong, but retiring his jersey now? Naw, Just can't see it...Yeah i am a Duke fan, but Even were I a TH fan, would still think the same,....but then I was one that did not much care for Christian Laetner....knew someone that worked in the medical dept at Duke when he played, and she said he was like a baby, every little scratch almost and he was a sickbay puppy....I posted that so that you would know I was not saying that about Hansbrough just because I hate UNC...UNC as well as Duke have put out some very good players, but very few deserving of retired jerseys....t

Hansbrough has had at least as good a career as Jordan had at Carolina. Obviously he's not going to be the NBA player Michael was but we aren't comparing them in the NBA. Hansbrough is all-ACC 1st team 3 straight years, Jordan didn't do that.

As far as retiring his jersey, it's a black and white process, if you hit certain standards you get your jersey retired and Hansbrouhg absolutely deserves and has a great chance to go down as the greatest heel EVER if he returns for his Senior year.

Hansbrough has had at least as good a career as Jordan had at Carolina. Obviously he's not going to be the NBA player Michael was but we aren't comparing them in the NBA. Hansbrough is all-ACC 1st team 3 straight years, Jordan didn't do that.

As far as retiring his jersey, it's a black and white process, if you hit certain standards you get your jersey retired and Hansbrouhg absolutely deserves and has a great chance to go down as the greatest heel EVER if he returns for his Senior year.

I think it's just the comparison, whether fair or not, that Hansbrough is in the same league as Jordan and Worthy. Different styles and times of course so you can't/shouldn't really compare the two.

But when you compare anyone to MJ it's already kinda unfair. I could see why some folks wouldn't see how retiring Hansbrough's jersey makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom