Underwhelmed | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Underwhelmed

While I understand the long term need at DE due to our age there, but we have a huge need now at LB and one the best ones in the draft was just handed to us and we passed. There better be something really bad on him beyond what is speculated already. Can't use the "high character" player excuse otherwise we supposedly wouldn't have taken Tunsil last year. Just not sure we got someone that's really going to be a huge play-maker for us (which is what you want when you draft a guy in the first).

Where the **** did you get 1 down player from?

He is a situational pass rusher. IE we will only see him opposite Wake on third downs. Branch and Hayes will handle rushing downs.

He is a situational pass rusher. IE we will only see him opposite Wake on third downs. Branch and Hayes will handle rushing downs.

We went into this year with Wake slotted as a situational pass rusher. He was our best defensive player.

Just sayin'

He scored 23 on the Wonderlic so Harris is not dumb. I believe the opportunities to trade down came from teams that already picked so they would have moved us to the mid second round where the talent level would have been a considerable drop from Harris that would have got us drafting after 35 for our first pick. We'll see if Willis drops that far, I don't think he will now that all the DE's are off the board. We still have the draft arsenal to build a strong run defense considering Harris can play DE or OLB.

IMHO, he is this front office's attempt to get a like-for-like replacement for Cam Wake. Personally, I prefer Jordan Willis in that role, but Harris does have an extremely quick first step, gets very low, and profiles to be a very effective pass rusher off the edge.

While I understand the long term need at DE due to our age there, but we have a huge need now at LB and one the best ones in the draft was just handed to us and we passed. There better be something really bad on him beyond what is speculated already. Can't use the "high character" player excuse otherwise we supposedly wouldn't have taken Tunsil last year. Just not sure we got someone that's really going to be a huge play-maker for us (which is what you want when you draft a guy in the first).

You do realize that A: he was kicked out of the combine for his behavior. B: Failed his drug test at the combine with a diluted sample which counts and puts in the program C: Had recent shoulder surgery and the recheck was rumored he may need more work ala Shaq Lawson last year.

---------- Post added at 11:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 PM ----------

Freeny ran a 4.48 so please stop with that comparison. It's embarrassing.

Its the spin which is ridiculous.

We went into this year with Wake slotted as a situational pass rusher. He was our best defensive player.

Just sayin'

And we (and Wake) couldnt stop the run and our defense sucked.

As good as Wake was it didn't matter because we got demolished on first down runs. And with the personnel we failed to add, its not going to change.

*whispers* The draft isn't even over yet.

Calm down everyone. We have 7 more picks.

*whispers* The draft isn't even over yet.

Calm down everyone. We have 7 more picks.

Uh, no.

Free agency and the best chance to add an impact player has passed without upgrades at key positions.

You may add depth later rounds but its rare you find impact starters.

Stop fussing. We'll pick up Cunningham tomorrow. :)

And we (and Wake) couldnt stop the run and our defense sucked.

As good as Wake was it didn't matter because we got demolished on first down runs. And with the personnel we failed to add, its not going to change.

Timmons and Hayes already upgraded our run d, adding de should be number 1 priority in this yrs draft. Rd 2 should should be de again if I were the Dolphins.

You have to get to Brady first and foremost to beat the Pats.....as mentioned above, already a very polished pass rusher who gets to learn from Wake! I saw him run around and through people on tape! Solid pick!

Actually I think time and time again Brady proves that a good pass rush can be neutralized insanely quickly if the rest of your defense is terrible. Our pass rush was pretty consistent last year and in two games versus the Pats (and one where the Ravens picked up their game plan) they did nothing but run quick hitters over and over and over and we almost didn't stop them a single time with either Brady or Jimmy G at QB. Pretty much the only way that Brady gets flustered is when you get to him, but while the Giants won two Super Bowls with their pass rush as their strength you have to be good enough elsewhere to bring that pass rush to bear. I don't disagree that having pass rush is good though.

Back
Top Bottom