[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night | Page 23 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

[UPDATED] Pouncey Bros reportedly assaulted man outside Miami nightclub last night

the lawsuit against the pouncey's is a little much. it should be towards the club. there's no reason 4 bouncers should be beating him up, unless he was getting violent himself. even then, if one bouncer couldn't handle this guy (from the looks of the pic, he's not a big guy), then they need to hire new bouncers.

If I was a club owner I wouldn't want my employees taking any chances in this era of MMA training. Plus, my theory is the people that don't have the training will escalate by carrying weapons more and more.

Anyway, just as Pouncey should expect no good for being out partying at 4 AM so should every patron. Police should just look the other way unless they have video evidence or serious weapons are involved. If you choose to get in an altercation at 4 AM with a 300 lb behemoth and a scuffle ensues you get what you deserve, his much more powerful fist is not a serious weapon.

This twin thing really could could into play, if you can't prove which twin did the punching then how can you convict either of them?

we shall see. Everyone seems to assume no matter what direction. Im much more concerned about the drug allegations in the Incognito texts with Martin but this also could be an issue.
Some will go the extra mile to over defend any player for us like justifying Misi breaking into a private residence to attack the wrong individual. This could be totally bogus, not much info to go on.
I am starting to question his dedication though.

So let me get the story straight so far. This guy says he was assaulted and the first thing he does is go to Twitter and Instagram to let everyone know, not the police. Next he name drops that brother celebrities with millions of dollars, who he absolutely knew were there because of signs and flyers, were the ones to beat him. Yet eye witnesses and the initial police investigation find that the Pouncey twins were not involved. Three days later this guy does a public press conference announcing his intentions for a lawsuit against the Pouncey brothers, meanwhile he is not cooperating with police and still hasn't come forward to make an official statement. Sounds odd, right?

So let me get the story straight so far. This guy says he was assaulted and the first thing he does is go to Twitter and Instagram to let everyone know, not the police. Next he name drops that brother celebrities with millions of dollars, who he absolutely knew were there because of signs and flyers, were the ones to beat him. Yet eye witnesses and the initial police investigation find that the Pouncey twins were not involved. Three days later this guy does a public press conference announcing his intentions for a lawsuit against the Pouncey brothers, meanwhile he is not cooperating with police and still hasn't come forward to make an official statement. Sounds odd, right?

Obviously we haven't heard the whole story yet.

JoseBaezPointsAtAshton-1.jpg

Statements of witnesses/surveillance tape all that matters now. Doesn't matter how likeable the various participants are -- given the club and the time of night, none of them seem very likeable to me -- I suppose we'll know who did what before long.

Normally if the a celebrity like Mike or Maurkice Pouncey knew they were going to lose in court you'd expect a settlement to prevent a lengthy lawsuit. We still might see that. I guess it depends on what the video shows.

Statements of witnesses/surveillance tape all that matters now. Doesn't matter how likeable the various participants are -- given the club and the time of night, none of them seem very likeable to me -- I suppose we'll know who did what before long.

Normally if the a celebrity like Mike or Maurkice Pouncey knew they were going to lose in court you'd expect a settlement to prevent a lengthy lawsuit. We still might see that. I guess it depends on what the video shows.

Would think that would be able to help sort things out assuming they have good videoptape.

[tweet]489208241935888384[/tweet]
[tweet]489208382889664512[/tweet]
[tweet]489208512908902400[/tweet]
[tweet]489208571885015040[/tweet]
[tweet]489208615547699200[/tweet]

Would think that would be able to help sort things out assuming they have good videoptape.

Which they probably won't, unfortunately. I think we've all seen those surveillance videos and how ****ty the quality is. Maybe if the Pounceys were still shirtless the fact that they're huge and shirtless and tattooed will help identify them or exonerate them. Either way. If it's a bunch of average looking guys it all becomes a douchebag soup and you can't tell who's who.

If we see a quick settlement in this case I think we'll be able to infer what the video showed. I don't really expect to ever be able to see it so I suppose we'll have to wait for the legal wrangling to unfold to be able to infer what went on.

I think Gonzo said it best though in a post in the pofo... (forgive me Gonzo for quoting you without asking)

When your center is one of the main topic of discussion for a couple of seasons, you can take comfort in the fact that you don't have to worry about saving up for playoff tickets.

That right there is the ultimate summation of this issue. At least when the Giants had to put up with Lawrence Taylor off the field they got Lawrence Taylor on the field in the balance. All we get is a center.

Riquan James is telling anyone who will listen that Mike and Maurkice Pouncey pummeled him early Saturday morning.

Anyone, it seems, except the Miami Beach Police Department.

James’ attorney called a news conference Tuesday to announce a lawsuit against the NFL stars, claiming they beat his client up at South Beach’s Cameo nightclub early Saturday.

Miami Beach Police responded to an altercation at the club. But they say they are waiting for

James to come in and give detectives his version of events of the Pouncey brothers’ South Beach birthday party.

James, 24, Niya Pickett, 32, and Brentley Williams, 24, have hired personal injury attorney Marwan Porter, who confirmed that a lawsuit will be filed by week’s end.

“This kind of conduct cannot be tolerated,” Porter said. “These are big men. They cannot conduct themselves in this manner. They think they can get a free pass.”

James told the Miami Herald on Tuesday that he had just arrived at Cameo about 4 a.m. when some shoving began.

James, who said he was invited to the annual party by former Dolphins lineman Bryant McKinnie, claims the identical Pouncey brothers were pushing a group of people as he walked in.

Soon, he got shoved too. He asked them to stop. One of the brothers – who at least one witness believes was Maurkice – didn’t like that, James said. Then the Pouncey brother, the much smaller James continued, responded first with homophobic taunts – and then fists.

“I heard a series of slurs from the Pouncey brothers, referring to me as less than a man, a f-----, a b----,” said James. “I assume me asking them not to touch me rubbed them the wrong way.

“Then someone turned me around, and one of the Pouncey brothers hit me in the face," he added. “A gang of guys hit me. To protect myself from being really injured, I crawled up into a fetal position, until I got thrown out [of the club].”

Despite his efforts, James still got hurt. He has two knots on his forehead. His face is still swollen. A tooth chipped. And his head still throbs. He put pictures of the injuries on Instagram.

Step one of the litigation process is making sure whatever surveillance video of the incident remains intact, Porter said. He has sent Cameo a written request to not alter or delete the footage, which also likely will be part of any Miami Beach police investigation.

Williams, who didn’t know James before the night of the party, didn’t hear the alleged slurs, but claims she did see a Pouncey brother strike James. In the melee that ensued, she ended up on the floor, and was cut by broken glass. She needed nine stitches on her leg, she said. Williams acknowledged that she had yet to give her account to law enforcement.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/07/15/4237671_miami-dolphins-center-mike-pouncey.html#storylink=cpy

Back
Top Bottom