USA vs. Poland (July 11th in Chicago) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USA vs. Poland (July 11th in Chicago)

iceblizzard69

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Here is the USA's roster for the game against Poland:

Goalkeepers: Tim Howard (Manchester United, England), Zach Thornton

Defenders: Chris Albright (Los Angeles), Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham, England, Steve Cherundolo (Hannover, Germany), Cory Gibbs (Dallas), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado), Eddie Pope (MetroStars)

Midfielders: Chris Armas (Chicago), DaMarcus Beasley (Chicago), Bobby Convey (D.C. United), Landon Donovan (San Jose), Eddie Gaven (MetroStars), Brian Mullan (San Jose), Kerry Zavagnin (Kansas City)

Forwards: Brian Ching (San Jose), Brian McBride (Fulham, England), Josh Wolff (Kansas City)

Eddie Gaven got his first call to the national team, and it definitely won't be his last. He is only 17 and has been pretty good this year for the Metros. This isn't our top side but Bruce called up some guys who are doing pretty well in MLS this year and deserve a chance to show if they can play for the national team. This isn't a bad roster for a friendly.

The roster looks pretty good for a friendly as you said. I predict a 1-1 tie for some reaosn...

Ching got called up, I think he can ball in MLS but not on the national level. Also, good to see Gaven getting called up, the man is a baller and he is only one year older than me :up:. I expect him to come in in the 70th minute or so and get his first cap.

When do you guys think we<ll see Adu playing for team USA???
How has he progressed this year in MLS ??
With all the talk surrounding him i'm interested to know how hes moving along..

He is doing okay, not the superstar of the league, but not bad. He is just okay right now, and what more could you ask for of a kid who started playing in the MLS at 14 and just recently turned 15. I think we will see him on the US National team around the ages of 17. Give him a couple of more years.

Pink_Dove said:
When do you guys think we<ll see Adu playing for team USA???
How has he progressed this year in MLS ??
With all the talk surrounding him i'm interested to know how hes moving along..

Adu said recently that this season isn't going as well as he expected. He scored one nice goal but overall he has been a lot of hype and that's it. He has a lot of potential but he really hasn't played that great, but he is only 15 so not much should be expected anyway. I think Adu will eventually be playing for the US national team, but it won't be anytime soon.

http://www.manchesteronline.co.uk/s...nited/s/122/122720_united_eye_us_starlet.html

Manchester United may be interested in Eddie Gaven. I'd rather see him stay in MLS for a few years since he will never play for the a senior side in Europe but I think it is good that Gaven is drawing interest from abroad. He is only 17 and has been awesome in MLS this year.

Manchester United has had some success with Americans so it doesn't surprise me that they would be interested in Gaven. Obviously Tim Howard was a good buy for them. Kenny Cooper (an American) was their Youth Academy player of the year or something like that and Jonathan Spector (another American) has been on the bench for a few first team games.

I thought the game was today....at 6 eastern...

My lineup prediction...
Predictions on USA's Starting 11? Mine are:

-----------Howard-----------
--Bocanegra-----Pope------Gibbs-------Convey--
-----------Armas------------Mastroeni----
Donovan----------------------------------Beasley
---------Wolff-------------------------McBride

Score 3-0 USA!!! Goals by Wolff, Mathis, Gaven :up:

He is there but I don't think he will start. He'll come off the bench due to him not being in as good of shape as Wolff at this point in time....:D

Prime Time said:
He is there but I don't think he will start. He'll come off the bench due to him not being in as good of shape as Wolff at this point in time....:D

Dude, Mathis isn't even in the lineup.

Mathis plays for Hannover 96 in Germany. Mathis usually gets called up but either he is injured or Bruce decided to rest him since it is just a friendly.

:rolleyes: Mathis is there. He was a late callup. I read in on USSoccer.com, and on the latest team lineup, he was there. So he did get called up

Prime Time said:
:rolleyes: Mathis is there. He was a late callup. I read in on USSoccer.com, and on the latest team lineup, he was there. So he did get called up

Yeah, Mathis is on the bench. He is going back to Germany tomorrow to get ready for the season.

Wolff got us a PK by diving :shakeno: but McBride missed. Wolff was also close to scoring on a lob but it barely missed. It's the 26th minute right now.

Game over. Game tied at 1 a piece. Howard gave them a goal as he smacked a ball to the forward who tapped it in. And Ice, yous ay he is our #1 Keeper....:rolleyes: Josh Wolff got us a PK on a dive, and I do not understand why you are shaking your head to that. Playmakers, make plays, and it doesnt matter how they do it. Nice dive :up: because it fooled the ref in giving us a PK and the GK a yellow. McBride took a poor PK, and shot that thing so weakly :nono:. The team attacked but didn't put it in until the 88th minute when Bocanegra scored off a header assisted by Donovan on a free kick I believe...Gaven got his first cap did a couple nice things. Josh Wolff had an excellen game as did Donovan. Looks to me like Arena is trying to use Donovan in more of a playmaker type role. Wolff did awesome up top today. He made numerous chances but couldn't put it in. See what happens when he is healthy. A nice day for him. Bad day for the team though as we tied to a crappy Polish team. BTW, stadium had 40,000 which was nice. :up:

Back
Top Bottom