USC Dynasty | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USC Dynasty

SuavePhin said:

This says it best :tongue: :D

(didn't make this just saw it on another board so i can't take credit for making the image)

You KNOW I love it!!!

:clap::clap::clap:

USC has PRECISELY as many championship trophies as Oklahoma, Miami, Ohio State, LSU and Texas in the last 6 years.

I forget who was #1 in both polls at the end of the 2004 season?

They won two NC's in a row & were runner up for a 3rd. That's a hell of a dynasty. The BCS screwed USC in 03 just like it did to Miami in 00.

SMadison29 said:
They won two NC's in a row & were runner up for a 3rd. That's a hell of a dynasty. The BCS screwed USC in 03 just like it did to Miami in 00.

Look at the picture again.

See the one all the way to the left? Tell me, who is holding the trophy in that picture?

Thank you.

DolphinDevil28 said:
Look at the picture again.

See the one all the way to the left? Tell me, who is holding the trophy in that picture?

Thank you.

OWNED!!!!!

also, Can we zoom that pic and enlarge it, can we go back 6 years ago plz :D

EDIT: It should be noted in 2004 Utah and Auburn were also undefeated :cool:

SMadison29 said:

plz dont take this the wrong way as me and you both know we hate each others team :D

But if im not mistaken all that matters is who has the crystal ball at the end of the season.

SMadison29 said:

Thank you for a brief diversion into reality, otherwise missing from this thread. It's very telling that no one from USC denies LSU's share of the title in '03, despite the lame HOME loss to a lousy Florida team, but the pacifier crowd from LSU does everything to try to pretend USC has no claim.

Let's retreat to the facts: USC was #2 in the polls before the conference title games in 2003. Oklahoma was undefeated and #1 while LSU was #3. If Oklahoma had defeated 15 point underdog Kansas St as expected, Oklahoma and USC would have played for the national title. Instead, that upset threw a wrench into the flawed BCS formula and LSU benefitted from Oklahoma's loss, while Oklahoma was not impacted. The BCS formula was so screwed up it denounced USC to #3 in the BCS standings even though the Trojans were #1 in BOTH POLLS at the end of the regular season.

Only a supreme partisan would assert USC had no claim to a title shot when they were top ranked in both polls. The BCS officials admitted they thought that scenario was impossible and had never even contemplated it before. That glitch was immediately fixed after the season, just as the BCS rubbish that kept Miami out of the 2000 championship game against Oklahoma, instead of FSU against Oklahoma, was changed following that season.

The BCS has always been a reactive formula, not something that was well engineereed beforehand. If FSU had defeated Oklahoma in 2000, Miami would have won the AP poll and shared the title with the Seminoles, identical to the 2003 scenario with USC and LSU. So anyone who claims holding the crystal trophy is an absolute is running with blinders on and headed smack over a cliff.

I'll ask again...

WHO WAS RANKED #1 IN BOTH POLLS AT THE END OF 2004??

I hate the BCS its such a crock if there was a playoff just like EVERY OTHER SPORT including college basketball there wouldn't be this stupid argument and we'd know for sure who was #1.

Dolfan984 said:
I hate the BCS its such a crock if there was a playoff just like EVERY OTHER SPORT including college basketball there wouldn't be this stupid argument and we'd know for sure who was #1.

I agree but remember a play off gives every opprotunity for like a team like Lousiville to play USC in the National championship game

With the BCS we at least have a good game

Until we have a playoff like all the other divisions its all media and computer champs.

Awsi Dooger said:
Thank you for a brief diversion into reality, otherwise missing from this thread. It's very telling that no one from USC denies LSU's share of the title in '03, despite the lame HOME loss to a lousy Florida team, but the pacifier crowd from LSU does everything to try to pretend USC has no claim.

Let's retreat to the facts: USC was #2 in the polls before the conference title games in 2003. Oklahoma was undefeated and #1 while LSU was #3. If Oklahoma had defeated 15 point underdog Kansas St as expected, Oklahoma and USC would have played for the national title. Instead, that upset threw a wrench into the flawed BCS formula and LSU benefitted from Oklahoma's loss, while Oklahoma was not impacted. The BCS formula was so screwed up it denounced USC to #3 in the BCS standings even though the Trojans were #1 in BOTH POLLS at the end of the regular season.

Only a supreme partisan would assert USC had no claim to a title shot when they were top ranked in both polls. The BCS officials admitted they thought that scenario was impossible and had never even contemplated it before. That glitch was immediately fixed after the season, just as the BCS rubbish that kept Miami out of the 2000 championship game against Oklahoma, instead of FSU against Oklahoma, was changed following that season.

The BCS has always been a reactive formula, not something that was well engineereed beforehand. If FSU had defeated Oklahoma in 2000, Miami would have won the AP poll and shared the title with the Seminoles, identical to the 2003 scenario with USC and LSU. So anyone who claims holding the crystal trophy is an absolute is running with blinders on and headed smack over a cliff.

Thank you. USC should be holding the crystal trophy two of three years the same as Miami should have. The BCS fudged up, hence all the changes to the formula since.

Back
Top Bottom