USF @ West Virginia | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

USF @ West Virginia

:lol:

All the arguments about how any of the three Big East undefeated teams could take on anyone in the country and win...... just a couple of weeks ago. All the Big East fans that got so bent out of shape over anyone who doubted their strength. All seems pretty ridiculous now.

Trekbiz said:
:lol:

All the arguments about how any of the three Big East undefeated teams could take on anyone in the country and win...... just a couple of weeks ago. All the Big East fans that got so bent out of shape over anyone who doubted their strength. All seems pretty ridiculous now.
no, i still think the top big east teams can take on any of the top teams from the other conferences.

UF Fin Kat said:
no, i still think the top big east teams can take on any of the top teams from the other conferences.

To each their own.

The argument is clearly much weaker today than it was a couple of weeks ago.

It depends on how you look at it. I think that WVU is a great team, one of the best in the country. I think Louisville and Rutgers are good and could beat the #2 and #3 teams in any other conference. I think that Cincy and USF are strong teams (especially at home) what just happened to beat up on the better teams this year.

Trekbiz said:

I think you have a flawed way of looking at the strength of a conference.

This only shows how good the BigEast is top to bottom. Even the bottom teams in UConn and Syracuse have a good chance at beating top teams. This is the main reason the SEC teams get so much credit if they win the conference, since every game is hard to win.

If any of the BigEast teams had run through the conference undefeated then the argument would be the conference is to easy. Now with some parity in the conference you are trying to say that the BigEast is down since the teams beat up on each other. You can't have it both ways.

WVU clearly wasn't the best team in the BigEast this year. They have some areas to work on and will be a better team next year, mainly on D. I bet when bowl time rolls around the BigEast teams will prove how good they really are.

Had WVU just lost to Purdue, Kansas St, Maryland or any middle of the pack team in another conference then you would have a made a fair statement. I give WVU, Rutgers or UofL a very good chance of beating any other team in the country. None have proved they should play in a NC game this year, but there definatly isn't an arguement that they don't belong in a BCS game.

The conference has made huge leaps every year for the past couple years. Now is the time to prove how good they really are, or if they really deserve the bashing that has been given to them in the past. I'll let my point be made on the field.

Back
Top Bottom