Utah needs to beat Alabama | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Utah needs to beat Alabama

personally I don't care about Saban anymore. I just don't really like either of the Big Schools in Alabama.

I'm always willing to admit that the better team wins...like with Florida....but I'll be honest...I wasn't impressed with Utah at all...I can't in good conscience say I was impressed...

I am more shocked at how PATHETIC Alabama played...they picked a great time to play their absolute worse game since the loss to UL Monroe last year.....they looked unprepared...all I saw was missed tackle after missed tackle after missed tackle by Alabama's defense...and Alabama's makeshift offensive line not being able to block...the loss of Andre Smith proved more costly than anyone thought...especially after Mike Johnson went down and they were down to their 3rd string tackle...

I knew when the first Alabama punt bounced off that Utah players facemask and right into the hands of his teammate with two Bama defenders right there...that it was going to be Utah's night...

Alabama wouldn't have beaten Furman tonight the way they played....the significance of this loss falls on the Bama players IMO more than it does Utah's...I know bad football when I see it...and I know good football when I see it...tonight...I saw bad football being played by Alabama...lack of fundamentals....

The bright side is JPW is finally gone...and all of his interceptions are leaving with him...
I love it when fans of teams spill their guts with excuses like this. The "it's not you, it's me" line of thinking and rampant excuse making. To slam Utah and say you were not "impressed" and that Alabama would not beat Furman tonight is ludicrous.

Look bro, I am not a Utah fan at all. But I watched the entire game to reminisce and see a few hissy fits thrown by Saban (Thanks Nick for not disappointing me!). Plus I am in a bowl pool so wanted to view the outcome. And flat out, Utah executed and played one hell of a football game on both sides. They disguised coverages and brought heat and flat out "out-physicalled" the Bama offense. The Utah offense was precise and again out executed the Bama defense. Yes there were missed tackles by Bama but they got out played, out coached, and out schemed all night on both sides.

To diminish Utah to save some Alabama face is flat out wrong bro. Nice try, though. Utah kicked them in the head. Admit it. They were better when it mattered, on both sides of the ball, and they were better because of Utah, not because of a lack of fundamentals by Bama.

STOP making effing excuses for a beat down.

Are you guys really going to wasting the rest of your lives rooting against Nick Saban in games that effect your own teams in NO way what so ever?

yes

Note I am a Michigan fan. Saban coached at MSU. I have negative feelings for all coaches and former coaches at MSU. Thing about Saban at MSU was you could always count on him to make stupid calls 2-3 times a game or foul up somewhere. So I like to see him lose as a former MSU coach, as someone who is not as good as he thinks himself to be, and, for his walking away from every job he ever had so flippantly.

I love it when fans of teams spill their guts with excuses like this. The "it's not you, it's me" line of thinking and rampant excuse making. To slam Utah and say you were not "impressed" and that Alabama would not beat Furman tonight is ludicrous.

Look bro, I am not a Utah fan at all. But I watched the entire game to reminisce and see a few hissy fits thrown by Saban (Thanks Nick for not disappointing me!). Plus I am in a bowl pool so wanted to view the outcome. And flat out, Utah executed and played one hell of a football game on both sides. They disguised coverages and brought heat and flat out "out-physicalled" the Bama offense. The Utah offense was precise and again out executed the Bama defense. Yes there were missed tackles by Bama but they got out played, out coached, and out schemed all night on both sides.

To diminish Utah to save some Alabama face is flat out wrong bro. Nice try, though. Utah kicked them in the head. Admit it. They were better when it mattered, on both sides of the ball, and they were better because of Utah, not because of a lack of fundamentals by Bama.

Right, Alabama's offense was absolutely pathetic. When they had opportunities to make plays it seems like they got ran over. Losing the offensive linemen hurt Alabama. Though their skill position players didn't impress me. Julio Jones is going to be a star other than that I don't think Alabama had good skill position guys.

Saban can recruit so i'm sure he'll get a bunch of guys and leave early. This is a Dolphins site and Parcells seems to go from team to team also. Saban I believe started off as a defensive backs coach. I'll criticize him on this. The secondary on Alabama didn't tackle anybody.

The fullback from Utah is a scary looking dude. I think the game was played at Alabama's pace after the 1st Quarter. They survived the initial shock and got back into the game. Utah was a better team today. The Utah defense dominated the game.

It was a tough loss,Utah came ready to play and laid the wood to Bama. However, if someone had said before the start of this season that we would end up 12-2,go undefeated in the regular season and play in the Sugar bowl, would I take it h*ll yes!!

Just like the Dolphins,no way did I think we would be 11-5,win the division and be playing at home in the wild card round. That is not going to make the next loss any less painful though.

I am very proud of both my teams accomplishments this year!! hopefully the Dolphins can keep going for a while.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

It's not an excuse...it's the truth...Utah didn't impress me...

What's impressive about the Utah returner miss judging a punt so bad it hit him square in the facemask and bounced into the arms of his teammate??

Alabama spotted Utah 21 points because they were UNPREPARED...It was painfully clear that Utah wanted this game more and played with a chip on their shoulder...

Any team that loses their best offesive lineman is going to struggle...not to mention the best offensive lineman in college football...then losing the backup at that position magnified it even more. Utah knew the left side of Alabama's line was fresh meat....and they exposed it. JPW can't hurt you if he doesn't have time...

This however, has nothing to do with Alabama's defensive backs not being able to tackle...Utah executed their gameplan better than Alabama did....

But Brian Johnson going for the gusto on every throw to start the game and just hoping one of his receivers can come down with it worked out for them on this night...

Alabama played as bad as they possibly could...Utah played as well as they possibly could...it's what happens sometimes....

If Utah had come out flat and Alabama had played well...it would be no different..

Everyone knows this was Alabama's worst effort and Utah was the beneficiary...but the Saban haters will spin it into how great Utah and their coach is...that's why Whittingham makes the big bucks over in the MWC, and Saban has to settle for leading the school with the most bowl wins of all time, right?

I think Utah was just a better team. They played in an inferior conference yet had a harder SOS. To be fair they did try to schedule a big name opponent. I don't think anybody saw Michigan being as bad as they were this year with any coach.

Hawaii got punched in the mouth last year. This game wasn't Boise St. coming out and using some trick plays to beat Oklahoma at the end. I thought Utah dominated the game.

Got punched in the mouth and never responded. Utah could be a good example for us. No one gave them a chance, Jimmy and Barry made the comment that no one on Utahs team would have been recruited by Bama. Well maybe no one on our defense would start in Baltimore but that doesn't necessarily determine the outcome.

"You play to win the game." - Herm Edwards

Anyone doubt that had the score been reversed we'd have heard that if FL loses Bama had a claim on the national title?

Yet nothing about Utah deserving consideration.:d-day:

The real reason to have rooted for Utah is to make the BCS look even more stupid than it already does. What a complete and utter joke.

I said for most of the year that Alabama was VASTLY overrated, and look at the results of last night's Sugar Bowl. Alabama was NEVER deserving of the number one ranking. They are just not that good, nor will they ever be.

I said for most of the year that Alabama was VASTLY overrated, and look at the results of last night's Sugar Bowl. Alabama was NEVER deserving of the number one ranking. They are just not that good, nor will they ever be.

so you now have the power to see the future? :rolleyes:

whatever...

ROLL TIDE ROLL BEATCH:woot:

Anyone doubt that had the score been reversed we'd have heard that if FL loses Bama had a claim on the national title?

Yet nothing about Utah deserving consideration.:d-day:

I think it was brought up by ESPN. Alabama's SOS is worse than Utah's. If Florida loses to Alabama I think Texas will get the publicity not Utah. I think that Texas will beat Ohio State and probably end up ranked 2nd depending upon how they look. Usc will probably be ranked 3rd. Utah 4th and the loser of the title game 5th.

It'd be great to decide things on the field. I don't think that's going to happen. Even if it were a plus 1 USC would've been left out because they were ranked 5th. If a tournament were in place I think they'd come out on top.

I've never held a grudge against Saban for leaving...but I'm obviously a little different than most Dolphins fans...

First, I didn't approve of the direction Miami was headed in under Saban anyway...Secondly, he was coming to Alabama...it was a win/win for me personally...

But I also understood his situation...I listened to Vince Dooley's wife, Barbara, (who are great friends with Nick and Terry) talk about how grave a mistake Saban had made by caving in to the money and the charm of Wayne Huizenga...after telling Wayne no several times...I won't go into detail...but she had much to say reguarding the whole situation that puts it in a totally different perspective....

Saban had regrets about leaving Baton Rouge before Wayne's plane ever landed in Miami with him on it....Terry was against it from the get go...

His family wasn't happy...and Saban wasn't happy...south Florida isn't for everyone...including me...I've been there...

What benefit would the Dolphins have gotten had Saban announced he was leaving while the season was still being played? None...

Alabama had a coach that hadn't even been fired yet...how the hell was Saban supposed to tell the truth? He can't say..."Yes..I'm going to Tuscaloosa to be Alabama's coach"...while the current coach is still under contract...

Saban most certainly wished he had handled it differently...we can all relate to that...but even then...the best he could have done was..."no comment"...

I know you are a Bama fan, but you can not, in the right mind, give this guy any slack with the way he handled himself down here...

He acted like a pompous jerkoff who thinks of himself as Vince Lombardi. He makes his coworkers hate being around him, and he continually lied to not only US fans, but his own players...

Dont you remember the countless press conferences the a-hole gave (to paraphrase): "I will not be Alabama's coach, how many times & how many ways do i have to say it, this is a ridiculous question, i cant believe you are asking me this again...i will not be alabama's coach...blazey blah blah and on and on..."

The guy is a joke, and for Bama fans to put this guy on a Bear Bryant-type pedestal is insulting to a REAL legend of a coach, not some Bobby Petrino-type mercenary that will be out of Tuscaloosa and into his 25th coaching job sometime within the next 2-3 years...

When he lies to the Boosters and the fans, I'd hate to say I told you so, but then you'll understand why 98% of Dolphins fans want to see this guy lose at every possible turn in his coaching career...

Sorry for the rant, lol :woot:

By the way, Utah handled Alabama...all this "we beat ourselves" junk is not necessary...they were very impressive, and they probably couldve beaten a better team than Bama last night...they wanted it more, proves how much of a joke the B.S.C. is...

Back
Top Bottom