Utah needs to beat Alabama | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Utah needs to beat Alabama

aww poor nicky boy...from 12-0 and potential championship to this lose to utah on national tv..oh no...just terrible nicky boy...hahaha

You're right. This game was sweet on a few levels. Thanks to the great states of Florida and Utah, the Tide has come crashing back to earth, but you do have to give the devil his due. No one outside of alumni expected them to perform at the high level they did so soon. I wouldn't be surprised if Saban has his carpetbags packed for South Bend this time next year.

Yah, that moving van made my head explode almost as much as his skanky inbred wife recounting their "escape" from that ogre WH. Very nice night indeed.

Got punched in the mouth and never responded. Utah could be a good example for us. No one gave them a chance, Jimmy and Barry made the comment that no one on Utahs team would have been recruited by Bama. Well maybe no one on our defense would start in Baltimore but that doesn't necessarily determine the outcome.

"You play to win the game." - Herm Edwards

Nick is crying on ESPN Sportscenter now.

I'm always willing to admit that the better team wins...like with Florida....but I'll be honest...I wasn't impressed with Utah at all...I can't in good conscience say I was impressed...

I am more shocked at how PATHETIC Alabama played...they picked a great time to play their absolute worse game since the loss to UL Monroe last year.....they looked unprepared...all I saw was missed tackle after missed tackle after missed tackle by Alabama's defense...and Alabama's makeshift offensive line not being able to block...the loss of Andre Smith proved more costly than anyone thought...especially after Mike Johnson went down and they were down to their 3rd string tackle...

I knew when the first Alabama punt bounced off that Utah players facemask and right into the hands of his teammate with two Bama defenders right there...that it was going to be Utah's night...

Alabama wouldn't have beaten Furman tonight the way they played....the significance of this loss falls on the Bama players IMO more than it does Utah's...I know bad football when I see it...and I know good football when I see it...tonight...I saw bad football being played by Alabama...lack of fundamentals....

The bright side is JPW is finally gone...and all of his interceptions are leaving with him...

Yep I started another thread on the irony that Utah scored a TD and was running the "wildcat" several times with success against Satan. Also that no one on Utahs team would be recruited by Bama, and Miami's defensive starters would be backups in Baltimore. That said it obviously didn't affect the outcome.:)

Are you guys really going to wasting the rest of your lives rooting against Nick Saban in games that effect your own teams in NO way what so ever?

Are you guys really going to wasting the rest of your lives rooting against Nick Saban in games that effect your own teams in NO way what so ever?

I take SATISFACTION in his failures. So call it what you want. You gonna spend your life criticizing others opinions? It makes you no better.

I'm always willing to admit that the better team wins...like with Florida....but I'll be honest...I wasn't impressed with Utah at all...I can't in good conscience say I was impressed...

I am more shocked at how PATHETIC Alabama played...they picked a great time to play their absolute worse game since the loss to UL Monroe last year.....they looked unprepared...all I saw was missed tackle after missed tackle after missed tackle by Alabama's defense...and Alabama's makeshift offensive line not being able to block...the loss of Andre Smith proved more costly than anyone thought...especially after Mike Johnson went down and they were down to their 3rd string tackle...

I knew when the first Alabama punt bounced off that Utah players facemask and right into the hands of his teammate with two Bama defenders right there...that it was going to be Utah's night...

Alabama wouldn't have beaten Furman tonight the way they played....the significance of this loss falls on the Bama players IMO more than it does Utah's...I know bad football when I see it...and I know good football when I see it...tonight...I saw bad football being played by Alabama...lack of fundamentals....

The bright side is JPW is finally gone...and all of his interceptions are leaving with him...

What's even more stunning about lack of fundamentals is that it was a Nick Saban coached team. You absolutely NEVER see this from a team he coaches. The loss of Andre Smith was EPIC at worst. John Parker Wilson was sacked eight times. That's unheard of for that offensive line. Utah's defensive line was 2/3 the size of Alabama's offensive line and they were able to consistently put pressure on Wilson.

Unreal.

On a side note, it still amazes me at the number of us Dolphin fans who are still butthurt about Saban's decision to leave the Dolphins. Haven't we moved on yet? Really? The guy made a decision that waas best for him and his family—not to mention the Miami Dolphins. I'm sure that all of us would have taken our personal interests and our family into consideration when making a career decision. I at least hope we all would have. I don't blame the guy a bit for leaving. He made a mistake coming here and he understands that. His heart wasn't in it. He knew it and it wasn't fair for him to stay here and continue to be involved with something that his heart wasn't in.

Why not? I'm capable of multi tasking. I hate Notre Dame for no other reason than they are Notre Dame. I can hate Nick Saban too. I've got more motivation to dislike Saban than ND.

I wonder what the Over/Under is on the number of domestic violence calls in the state of Alabama tonight?

What's even more stunning about lack of fundamentals is that it was a Nick Saban coached team. You absolutely NEVER see this from a team he coaches. The loss of Andre Smith was EPIC at worst. John Parker Wilson was sacked eight times. That's unheard of for that offensive line. Utah's defensive line was 2/3 the size of Alabama's offensive line and they were able to consistently put pressure on Wilson.

Unreal.

On a side note, it still amazes me at the number of us Dolphin fans who are still butthurt about Saban's decision to leave the Dolphins. Haven't we moved on yet? Really? The guy made a decision that waas best for him and his family—not to mention the Miami Dolphins. I'm sure that all of us would have taken our personal interests and our family into consideration when making a career decision. I at least hope we all would have. I don't blame the guy a bit for leaving. He made a mistake coming here and he understands that. His heart wasn't in it. He knew it and it wasn't fair for him to stay here and continue to be involved with something that his heart wasn't in.

I've never held a grudge against Saban for leaving...but I'm obviously a little different than most Dolphins fans...

First, I didn't approve of the direction Miami was headed in under Saban anyway...Secondly, he was coming to Alabama...it was a win/win for me personally...

But I also understood his situation...I listened to Vince Dooley's wife, Barbara, (who are great friends with Nick and Terry) talk about how grave a mistake Saban had made by caving in to the money and the charm of Wayne Huizenga...after telling Wayne no several times...I won't go into detail...but she had much to say reguarding the whole situation that puts it in a totally different perspective....

Saban had regrets about leaving Baton Rouge before Wayne's plane ever landed in Miami with him on it....Terry was against it from the get go...

His family wasn't happy...and Saban wasn't happy...south Florida isn't for everyone...including me...I've been there...

What benefit would the Dolphins have gotten had Saban announced he was leaving while the season was still being played? None...

Alabama had a coach that hadn't even been fired yet...how the hell was Saban supposed to tell the truth? He can't say..."Yes..I'm going to Tuscaloosa to be Alabama's coach"...while the current coach is still under contract...

Saban most certainly wished he had handled it differently...we can all relate to that...but even then...the best he could have done was..."no comment"...

Back
Top Bottom