Very Important | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Very Important

Dolphinizzle said:
Martin County FL, go to "Rookie's" Though you can watch the games from home in this area, it's still a good Dolphins Bar. ;)

Is that the pool hall ?
If so, they have the best shrimp I have had! (one of the owners is a shrimper)
If that is the place, it is awesome!

In Rochester, NY, it's The Distillery, on Mt. Hope Avenue (1650 Mt. Hope, I think). Pretty much any Dolphins fan in the area can tell you that. Great food, great service, every game is televised. It's like a United Nations of football; virtually every team has some fans there. The downside is you'd better get there early, because it gets packed quickly on Sundays. This is, more often than not, where you'll find me on Sundays.

The Elmwood, which is about half a block down the street, is another good one, and is generally considered a Dolphins bar. I've never actually watched a game there, but I've been there enough to know the food is good and the service is at least acceptable.

The Thirsty Turtle has two locations, one in Victor, one in Greece. They just opened up, and I'm not sure if they will be getting NFL Sunday Ticket or not. But they've got a whole bunch of TVs, lots of room and great food. Plus, a friend of mine manages one of them, so I'd be remiss not to give them a plug. :)

Buffalo is a bit less hospitable to Dolfans, and understandably so. I'm partial to Buffalo Wild Wings (3 locations, I think; I usually went to the one in W.Amherst on Niagara Falls Blvd) because it's pretty low key and the food is good. The service is pretty hit or miss. They've also got the NTN Network there, which features a game called QB1. You try to "call" the upcoming play, and if you're right, you get points. Incredibly good way to make a crummy game fun. They also have every game televised, but usually just two big screens, both of which will have the Bills.

I'd take a pass on Damon's in Williamsville. They have most, but not all, the games televised, and the Bills will usually take up a number of their TVs, though the Phins typically merit a big screen. Plus, the food is mediocre on their best day. I do have good memories of that place, though: that's the place where I watched Jay Fiedler's finest hour as a Dolphin, his 2 TDs rushing against the Raiders, including that ballsy 8 yard scramble for a TD in the final seconds.

By the way, at some point soon, I will be writing an article for the benefit of Dolphin fans visiting Buffalo for our annual @$$-whipping of the Bills at Ralph Wilson Stadium, so if you're coming out for the game, be on the lookout for that.

I don't know where to go in Boston :confused2 That's why I bought the Ticket! Sunday Ticket is the best way to go! I'll try and find out for your traveling peps!

New Jersey

North Jersey -

Ramada, East Hanover - As you've probably seen on this board before (this is where I found out) the owner is a huge Fins' fan and the place is packed with dolfans. Going up this Saturday for his huge Kickoff Party.

Central Jersey -

Jack's Rib & Ale - Neptune, NJ - This is where I go every Sunday, local joint with a good football turn out. I got the hookup, so Fins are always on.

South Jersey -

PJ Wielihans (sp?) - Big place with every game and large screens everywhere.

NYC - ESPN Zone - aw some experience!!

Greenville Ms: My house! LMAO! big screen tv huge den,cold beer and surround sound baby. Also throw in the grilled food and snacks every sunday!

Seconding the mention of the Ramada Sportz Bar and Bistro in East Hanover NJ, we have regulars coming in from South Jersey, NY State, and PA to watch games there, the place is awesome.

xiidaen said:
Seconding the mention of the Ramada Sportz Bar and Bistro in East Hanover NJ, we have regulars coming in from South Jersey, NY State, and PA to watch games there, the place is awesome.

Sounds like fun. I dated a girl from Morristown for quite some time. It didn't end too well, though, so I don't think I'll be stopping by. ;)

Ghetti13 said:
This is a wonderful site, and I do post from time to time, but I think it is missing something. I remember a site back in the day that had a list of the best places in most cities to watch the Fins game. As we all know, we travel, but we do not want to miss the game. Because of this, someone on this site should compile a list of the best places to watch the games in each city. With all the people that visit, I am sure we can get a very good list together.

Also, I am interested in learning where the best place to watch the Fins game in Boston, and, Champions and Sports Depot are not options cause one sucks, and the other is no longer open (lots of people think it is still around). So, if anyone can help me out let me know.

Also, this season is not over. The defense is more aggressive, and faster. The offensive line is younger, faster and tougher. The quarterback will hopefully have a professional caliber arm, and Kendall Newson has the physical skills to take pressure off of Chambers. This is still going to be an exciting year.
I posted the same thing last week. Good thinking maybe they will take up our opinions. I know that so many people live all over the country we could come up with a pretty big list of bars and such

May I suggest if you're in the Palm Beach County or Port st. Lucie area to check out Duffy's it's a sports bar but is also very kid friendly. there are 7 locations through the county. Game rooms for the kids. And seriously good food.

I remember the site of which you speak and it was a great site....have no idea what happened to it...but...if you're in the Seattle/Tacoma area..... check out Spectators Sports Grill, 265th and Hwy 99 (kent). They have over 30 TV's every game is on every week, there are also 3 Big Screens and the Dolphins are always on one. We usually have 5 to 10 Miami fans watching the game...and since we are on the West Coast....the Breakfast ain't bad....

We have two Spectators here in Naples. One just opened about a 1 minute away from my house.

Back
Top Bottom