Vick Indicted.. | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vick Indicted..

More shocking news:

Falcons | Vick will be allowed to play
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:11:51 -0700
Hank Kurz Jr., of The Associated Press, reports NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will allow Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick to play until the legal process determines if Vick is guilty or innocent.

Thought Goodell would suspend him, but what ever.

I still think they'll end up doing something to keep Vick from playing while this is hanging over his head. They may call it a leave of absence or whatever, but I'm certain that if he were to play his presence would be just way too much of a distraction.
I also think that Rev Al Sharpton speaking out like that is extremely bad news for Vick. Sharpton is an awfully strong voice and a great many people listen to him.

More shocking news:

Falcons | Vick will be allowed to play
Thu, 19 Jul 2007 10:11:51 -0700
Hank Kurz Jr., of The Associated Press, reports NFL commissioner Roger Goodell will allow Atlanta Falcons QB Michael Vick to play until the legal process determines if Vick is guilty or innocent.

Thought Goodell would suspend him, but what ever.
It is surprising. It's also a little disgusting and smacks of favoritism. As much as people like to bring up repeat offenses as the basis for the other suspensions handed out, the magnitude of what Vick has been indicted for is much graver than a few marijuana charges. The conduct policy does not relate directly to legal issues. His suspension is a separate issue from the criminal charges he's faced with. Assuming Vick knew absolutely nothing (right) the league would be well with in its right to suspend him based on the gross irresponsibility of allowing these acts to take place on his property and the extremely negative light it has cast on the league. Goodell gets knocked off his soapbox if he doesnt act on this. This is a double standard and if no action is taken before the season then Goodell should come under a lot of fire for this.

It might not matter what the comish thinks... you just wait... this thing will grow legs, there will be protesters everywhere he goes, sponsers will exert pressure... this is just the beginning.

It might not matter what the comish thinks... you just wait... this thing will grow legs, there will be protesters everywhere he goes, sponsers will exert pressure... this is just the beginning.

What I'm anxious to see if how the home crowd in Atlanta treats him. You know the road crowds will heckle him until they faint. The Georgia Dome will be very interesting

I believe you are right on this. Animal rights activist and Peta will be pushing this one.

I believe you are right on this. Animal rights activist and Peta will be pushing this one.

The real question becomes...if Vick actually plays this season, how many times will he get red paint thrown on him outside of an opposing teams' stadium?

Is Atlanta playing Cleveland at Cleveland this year (either pre-season or regular)?

It'd be fun to see what the Dawg Pound makes of Mr Vick.

I just heard on NFL Sirius that PETA is already organizing a protest in front of the NFL corporate HQ.

He allegedly had losing dogs electrocuted, hung, drown, and one killed by slamming him into the ground. If true, this guy is sick.

I really don't dislike Vick as a player - I think he's spoiled and pampered by the NFL. That said, I read the actual indictment. If he's guilty of some of these charges, he could be in serious trouble. Lots of mistreatment of animals, including electrocution, etc. Who would do that to an animal? Really sick stuff.

While commissioner Roger Goodell was meeting with officials of the ASPCA, about 50 people urged the NFL to "Sack Vick" Friday in a demonstration outside the league's headquarters following the indictment of Michael Vick on dogfighting charges.

"Sack Vick!"

chanted the demonstrators, organized by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals as they walked peacefully in front of the Park Avenue building. Many held dogs who had the "Sack Vick" signs on their backs and one woman brought a pit bull, the breed killed in the dogfighting operation the Atlanta quarterback is accused of sponsoring.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/07/20/bc.fbn.peta.vick.nfl.ap/index.html

Back
Top Bottom