Videos of every Hartline target and reception 2012 | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Videos of every Hartline target and reception 2012

Every quarterback in the NFL misses opportunities. Every single one. Tom Brady overthrows players. So do Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.

On those videos I saw a lot more opportunities missed because of Brian Hartline's shortcomings than I did because of Ryan Tannehill's. Approximately three times as many, as a matter of fact.

Every quarterback in the NFL misses opportunities. Every single one. Tom Brady overthrows players. So do Peyton Manning and Aaron Rodgers.

On those videos I saw a lot more opportunities missed because of Brian Hartline's shortcomings than I did because of Ryan Tannehill's. Approximately three times as many, as a matter of fact.

Honestly, I think catch with potential #7 tells me everything I need to know about Hartline. That was a play that really frustrated me when it happened, and seeing it again on the video just frustrates me again. There are things to like about the guy, he's a solid player, but he's just not good with the ball in his hands.

Honestly, I think catch with potential #7 tells me everything I need to know about Hartline. That was a play that really frustrated me when it happened, and seeing it again on the video just frustrates me again. There are things to like about the guy, he's a solid player, but he's just not good with the ball in his hands.

The thing that bothered me on that play is just he seemed so content to go down when being tackled shy of the end zone. There's no nose for the end zone there. No mentality that he is not going to be stopped until he gets the ball across that plane. Everything is a numbers game with Hartline. I did good enough, we'll live to fight another down, we'll probably get the touchdown eventually. It's the complete opposite of Hakeem Nicks' attitude, as an example.

The play just before that one that I noted, Catch #06...that one is just as frustrating in its own way. He and Tannehill created a lot of separation with a combination of double move execution and eye fundamentals. At the moment Hartline catches the football he's at a dead run with 2 or 3 yards head start on William Gay. Gay by the way, ran a 4.48 at his private Louisville pro day, so let's not pretend this is some 4.3 speedster. With a 2 or 3 yard lead and only 25 yards separating you from the end zone, you either dig deep and find the speed to finish this play, or you don't. He didn't.

The thing that bothered me on that play is just he seemed so content to go down when being tackled shy of the end zone. There's no nose for the end zone there. No mentality that he is not going to be stopped until he gets the ball across that plane. Everything is a numbers game with Hartline. I did good enough, we'll live to fight another down, we'll probably get the touchdown eventually. It's the complete opposite of Hakeem Nicks' attitude, as an example.

The play just before that one that I noted, Catch #06...that one is just as frustrating in its own way. He and Tannehill created a lot of separation with a combination of double move execution and eye fundamentals. At the moment Hartline catches the football he's at a dead run with 2 or 3 yards head start on William Gay. Gay by the way, ran a 4.48 at his private Louisville pro day, so let's not pretend this is some 4.3 speedster. With a 2 or 3 yard lead and only 25 yards separating you from the end zone, you either dig deep and find the speed to finish this play, or you don't. He didn't.

Damn CK you nailed it with this point. This is exactly what the kid does and it is not acceptable on championship teams.

He doesn't fight for the endzone as if his life depended on it. That is the difference between NFL starters and your #3 or #4WR (amongst other things)....it's mental.

He is a decent player Fin fans but when you are at the 5 yard line, and your team is counting on you to score (because your team sucks at scoring)...where is the anger, the power, the "No one is going to stop me!" or the "GTF off me!"in the guy? I think the kid has the skills (not the speed) but there is no extra fight in the guy. Run ten yards, catch the ball, fall down (sometimes willingly/easily)....that is our Hartline.

Did you all see Crabtree in the playoffs? Boldin? White?, etc....once the WR catches the ball he immediately heads up field hand fighting/shoving defenders away or juking away from them OR if no one is in the immediate vicinity, he scans the field and looks for the quickest path to the endzone. I don't see that with Hartline (Bess does it - but he is just too slow/too small so he can't score either).

I didn't/couldn't watch the video, and am in no way downplaying the fact that Hartline is disgustingly void of any mindset or ability of making plays after the catch. However, if a quarterback overthrows the ball, it's just that. Overthrown. A lot of you are drinking the Tannehill kool aide and can't see him do much of anything wrong. I do believe he will be an above average franchise QB for us, but it's not on Hartline to step into a 2nd gear that he may not have just because Tannehill tossed the rock a tad too far. This is where chemistry comes into play and you learn your receiver's tendencies and speed. It will only get better once the two progress, and if Hartline is back next season.

As a starting quarterback in highschool and potentially in college, I agree 100%. There is no way around it. This is where the term "chemistry" is key, and the connection between a QB and his receiver is so important so they learn each other's tendencies. The only way to improve it is experience.
remember, Hartline didn't practice ALL off-season till last week of Training Camp.

---------- Post added at 12:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 PM ----------

he is still a good receiver, last time I checked you can't have too many. Just ask GB, they lost Nelson and Greg for most of the season.. They still had Cobb and JJ step up big time.

You guys focusing on a WR's stats, in probably the worst couple of years for dolphins receivers, are wasting your time. Hartline has only been able to play on a mediocre team. If he make makes td's on all the td potential throws you guys think he should have, we'd probably be in the superbowl cause we'd be scoring 40 points a game. This is a team game and it has a funny way of balancing out. Yes hartline lacks numbers in the TD column, but how can you guys hold that against him? Maybe if we were playoff caliber team, and he was holding us back, then you anti-hartliners would have a point, but the fact is, this guy has been nothing but a hard worker, consistent and a solid WR. He's not a number one, He doesnt want to get paid as a number one, but this guy is a valuable asset to whatever team he plays for. Another year with Tannehill, plus more help in the receiver core will do nothing but up this guys game. Hartline is a fking beast.

Back
Top Bottom