Volin: Rashad and J. Jerry Get Pay Bumps | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Volin: Rashad and J. Jerry Get Pay Bumps

I'm not excited about this. I'd rather lock Reshad Jones up to a long term contract, as he's made me a believer. I guess this is a good start though.

John Jerry is not a good RG. I don't know what metric Ireland is looking at, but watching the games his play was poor. He has physical ability, but he doesn't play football at a high level. If this is an attempt to lock him up a bit at a relatively low salary just in case we hit the lottery and he becomes the player his physical ability suggests (after several years of being a lazy putz) then I'm fine with it. But if this is some sort of indication that his play was acceptable and that he is in our long term plans ... this exhasperates me. We're a football team, not a track and field team ... the guy has had several years and several coaches that have all led to him being a lazy physical specimen who doesn't play the game of football well. Ugh.

Mountain meet mole hill.

Yeah, I guess I didn't state that the best way. The CBA mandated pay increases isn't what I'm not happy about ... that simply is what it is. But, with Jones I was hoping to hear more and preferrably to hear that he was locked down for the long term ... which I didn't hear at all.

With Jerry I heard positive comments about from Ireland, which I guess is nothing more than typical GM-speak. But my hope is that we are aiming higher than Jerry's play. I'd have rather heard more of the "long way to go" or "he's just beginning to tap his potential, but if he wants to be here long term then he needs to raise his play a couple of notches" or something like that.

My initial reaction was that it sounded like we were trying to lowball Jones and praise Jerry for his poor level of play last year. I probably could have worded it differently though, you're right.

That helps. Thanks for the clarification.

I'm not excited about this. I'd rather lock Reshad Jones up to a long term contract, as he's made me a believer. I guess this is a good start though.

John Jerry is not a good RG. I don't know what metric Ireland is looking at, but watching the games his play was poor. He has physical ability, but he doesn't play football at a high level. If this is an attempt to lock him up a bit at a relatively low salary just in case we hit the lottery and he becomes the player his physical ability suggests (after several years of being a lazy putz) then I'm fine with it. But if this is some sort of indication that his play was acceptable and that he is in our long term plans ... this exhasperates me. We're a football team, not a track and field team ... the guy has had several years and several coaches that have all led to him being a lazy physical specimen who doesn't play the game of football well. Ugh.

Not sure what games you have been watching, but it's clear you do not know what you're talking about. He finally showed what he was capable of since being drafted. I hope he stays and can be productive for years to come.

Jerry is a solid Guard for us and I think he has turned the corner and will only continue to improve under this regime. Keep Incog to play the RT position along with w.e rookie we draft, slide Martin to the left and pick up Levitre and our line is ready to excel

Pay Jones ASAP

I'd like to know a little more on this clause, its not a big deal if the player is making less than a million but if you have a QB making like $5 million+ and he's still looking kinda mediocre midway through his second to last season this clause may get a lot of guys benched prematurely to save a little cash. Or did Jerry and Jones salaries double just because they were making so little to begin with? If you have to double $6 or $7 million thats a big chunk of change.

Yeah, I guess I didn't state that the best way. The CBA mandated pay increases isn't what I'm not happy about ... that simply is what it is. But, with Jones I was hoping to hear more and preferrably to hear that he was locked down for the long term ... which I didn't hear at all.

With Jerry I heard positive comments about from Ireland, which I guess is nothing more than typical GM-speak. But my hope is that we are aiming higher than Jerry's play. I'd have rather heard more of the "long way to go" or "he's just beginning to tap his potential, but if he wants to be here long term then he needs to raise his play a couple of notches" or something like that.

My initial reaction was that it sounded like we were trying to lowball Jones and praise Jerry for his poor level of play last year. I probably could have worded it differently though, you're right.

LOL! Spoken as if you hadn't just Googled 'CBA mandated pay' seconds before, having been caught out!

Really, so do you mind explaining what metirc your using to determine whos a good football player and whos not?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Back
Top Bottom