Vontae continues to make mistakes in Miami | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Vontae continues to make mistakes in Miami

Combine is like the Superbowl, is a great networking event for all the brass and players involved. "tampering" goes on every year... whether or not the NFL wants to look at this instance is a toss up. But normally, they just recognize it goes on, and move on.

Tampering goes on, its an open secret, the key being secret. if you get caught you still get punished even if everyone is doing it.

this can't surprise anyone here...tampering is rampant...especially once we get to the combine...rampant

Yeah vontae's twitter account was hacked and then he managed to clarify 20 minutes later with another tweet that that's what happened... lol, vontae is such a moron.

Eh, I think the NFL will pity the Chiefs and not do anything to them. They just traded TWO second round picks for Alex Smith. Pretty sure that's punishment enough and Chiefs' fans are on suicide watch.

Tampering goes on, its an open secret, the key being secret. if you get caught you still get punished even if everyone is doing it.

In theory yes, but it just doesn't happen in practice.

I can remember a few years back Al Davis accused the Pats of tampering with Randy Moss before the Pats acquired him. What are the odds that they did tamper with him to make sure they actually wanted to bring the baggage of Randy Moss? Nearly 100%. Guess who got investigated? The Raiders for making the claim. Not the team who allegedly committed the tampering. They asked the Raiders to provide proof... that was the extent of their investigation.

Every team is talking to agents, players, even other coaches about joining their franchise, I agree they should be punished if they get caught... but the NFL has bigger fish to fry than to investigate something every team is doing. Unless they want to crush one franchise to end the practice completely, a la Saints Bounty scandal. They knew most teams had a similar program, but needed to lay the boom down somewhere. Until they decide to do that, this tampering will be overlooked like all the others they know is going on.

Yeah vontae's twitter account was hacked and then he managed to clarify 20 minutes later with another tweet that that's what happened... lol, vontae is such a moron.

Don't tell the coach "hes acting"

Dolphins should pursue this as tampering by the Chiefs. Could end up getting a late round pick from the Chiefs as a fine.

Which would in effect open up a war of mutually assured destruction since the Dolphins are also talking to pending free agents.

This is the NFL's worst kept secret. Wake me up when ANY team decides to press charges of tampering against someone else over a pending free agent at this time of year. Everyone in the NFL knows that the Combine weekend is spent talking to agents of pending free agents and laying out the groundwork for your free agency. Everyone knows it, except Armando evidently.

two 2nd round picks for alex smith??? is that confirmed??? san fran just got more damn ammo...dang

two 2nd round picks for alex smith??? is that confirmed??? san fran just got more damn ammo...dang

34 overall this year.. and a conditional "mid round pick according to the espn report" in 2014 or a conditional "high round pick" according to schefter in 2014

yeah if mike wallace is in fact a legit target you can bet your bottom dollar ireland and philbin and company were up that agents rear end all weekend long...ha ha

Vontae this time you should have called Grandma to get the OK before those pesky hackers got to his twitter account. Manti Te'o should get drafted by the Colts so Vontae's Grandma can keep the pesky catfish away from him.

Meanwhile, I'll give you an example of something the NFL *will* investigate.

Nick Kasa revealed during a radio interview that a team asked him if he's married, if he has a girlfriend, and does he like girls (i.e. is he gay). This line of questioning absolutely goes against rules laid down in the CBA about descrimination based on sexual orientation. The NFL has gotten wind of this interview, and they have opened up an official investigation.

I wonder if there's any General Manager in the NFL that has a history of stepping over the line with awkward lines of question during Combine interviews...hmm...

Back
Top Bottom