Wallace"Ryan is a traditional drop back type passer,Ben was a play ground type passer | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace"Ryan is a traditional drop back type passer,Ben was a play ground type passer

Phindog

Active Roster
Reaction score
Posted: 2 hours ago[h=3]Wallace Talks About Chemistry With Tannehill[/h]Dolphins wide receiver Mike Wallace sits down with Jesse Agler for an exclusive 1-on-1 interview to discuss his transition to the Dolphins offense and his mindset heading into Sunday's game with the Bills. Don't miss Wallace's comments on his growing comfort level in the offense and expectations for the team moving forward in 2013.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

IMO the up and coming weeks Wallace and Tannehill start making the plays we're looking for starting sunday.

The video is long and pretty good,Wallace says he's looking to knock a player out or two for blocking for the running game.:lol:

http://www.miamidolphins.com/multim...7c5bccc7?_ga=1.59149421.1908198362.1382144440

Relax there killer it's all about the press wondering like we all are how the Wallace and Tannehill duo are doing.It's not a Big Ben Tannehill comparision.

It's pretty much the answer from Wallace in the first few seconds of the interview.

I'm doing a positive Karma Tannehill/Wallace night for good luck on sunday.

I have 17 insence on my left and 11 insence on my right:up:

Last edited by a moderator:
http://www.thefinsiders.com/blog/2013/wallace-continues-to-grow-comfortable-in-offense

Wallace Continues To Grow Comfortable In Offense
By Sean Grimm on October 18, 2013 at 3:33 pm

Wallace-Hartline-250x191.jpg

Nearing the midway point of the season, wide receiver Mike Wallace continues to grow more comfortable with his role in the Dolphins offense.

“I feel pretty good,” Wallace told The Finsiders in an interview. “I think every single day we get more and more comfortable with each other, myself in the offense, everybody on the offense. So, I think we’re growing every day. And I feel pretty good right now, but it’s a process.”

“Playing football, routes are routes,” Wallace continued. “Plays are plays. It’s just the terminology; it’s just being comfortable, hearing the play and being able to play fast off of it. I think every week I’m getting better at that. I think at this point now, I know the plays; I know the offense, so I’m ready to go. I’m ready to play fast and just go out and make plays.”

That thought process goes for his relationship with Ryan Tannehill as well.

“Growing every day,” Wallace said of he and Tannehill’s relationship on the field. “I think we had a really, really good week of practice. We were on the same page the whole week, so hopefully it translates into the game.”

However, in order for that relationship to flourish and live up to its full potential, the Dolphins will need to get things straightened out on the ground.

“It’s very important,” Wallace said of the run game. “You can’t have a one-dimensional offense, it’s just not going to work. You can’t just throw the ball every single play. Guys are just going to pin their ears back and rush it and that’s a bad situation, so you have to keep them off balance. We have to be able to run the football. That’s the only way to win football games.”

Even after a bye week and a couple of weeks to adjust, though, Wallace says to not expect drastic changes from the offense as they search for answers.

“I think it is what it is,” he said. “I think we just have to do a better job of running it. Us blocking on the outside and the running backs making reads and cuts, so I don’t think you want to get too far into trying to switch things up. You just have to stick to what you do, be confident in it and just make it work; execute.”

And on Sunday, Wallace and the rest of the Dolphins’ offense have a shot to begin making those corrections and executing as they need to.

“I can’t wait to get out there,” Wallace said. “It’s been two weeks. We’re excited. We lost our last game, so we’re anxious to get out there and redeem ourselves.”

It's only a matter of time before wallace gets a couple 50+ yard TDs in the same game. Keep on letting it fly. Practice practice practice. When the connection consistently happens, it will only do so much more for the rest of the offense. More so than it is doing now. Wallace is open back there almost every time ryan lets it fly. Ryan is too good to keep missing him, its only going to help his overall deep ball accuracy.

Relax there killer it's all about the press wondering like we all are how the Wallace and Tannehill duo are doing.It's not a Big Ben Tannehill comparision.

It's pretty much the answer from Wallace in the first few seconds of the interview.

I'm doing a positive Karma Tannehill/Wallace night for good luck on sunday.

I have 17 insence on my left and 11 insence on my right:up:

My comment was wasn't directed at you, it was at the Tannehill/Roethlisberger comparisons the "journalists" keep regurgitating with Wallace.

I appreciate your time spent keeping Finheaven updated. :up:

Only QB I can think of who even compares to Roethlisberger is Cam Newton maybe? Who else is big enough and strong enough to just hold on the ball and shake off hits like that? Luck?

The miscues have been on both sides. Last game Wallace dropped a few but Ryan under threw him a couple times as well even on the long completion.
As Wallace mentioned a balance attack would help both as well as would better pass blocking.

In 5 games Wallace does have 2 100 yard games so i think it's just a matter of time before they tear it up.This week would be a good time for that to start.

I'm not looking to start a bash on Mike Wallace or anything, but I think a lot of those 'miscommunications' are 'Mike Wallace is misreading coverages.'

It'll come in time. It's my understanding that our offense requires a lot out of our receivers between the ears and he probably just needs time to work at it.

Certainly can't blame him for underthrowing the deep ball, though he does have to come down with some of those. He did it in Pittsburgh, no reason he can't do it here.

I'm not looking to start a bash on Mike Wallace or anything, but I think a lot of those 'miscommunications' are 'Mike Wallace is misreading coverages.'

It'll come in time. It's my understanding that our offense requires a lot out of our receivers between the ears and he probably just needs time to work at it.

Certainly can't blame him for underthrowing the deep ball, though he does have to come down with some of those. He did it in Pittsburgh, no reason he can't do it here.

I noticed the last couple of games our wide outs did not huddle and maybe got the play from the side lines. Could be they have been doing that all year and i'm just noticing.
The point being not much verbal communications between the QB and WR's between plays. You know like "hit me I'm open". . Not sure I like that and it could be adding to the problem.

I noticed the last couple game our wide outs did not huddle and maybe got the play from the side lines. Could be they have been doing that all year and i'm just noticing.
The point being not much verbal communications between the QB and WR's between plays. . Not sure I like that and it could be adding to the problem.

They always do that, they get the call from the sidelines. The thing is that we run an option route type of system where the WRs are supposed to react to the coverages and that's why you have plays like (for instance) Mike Wallace cutting inside in the 2 minute drill against Baltimore and Ryan Tannehill throwing outside. Result: incomplete pass.

Only QB I can think of who even compares to Roethlisberger is Cam Newton maybe? Who else is big enough and strong enough to just hold on the ball and shake off hits like that? Luck?

no doubt in my mind its luck. the guy breaks tackles like no other, and it pisses me off

I noticed the last couple game our wide outs did not huddle and maybe got the play from the side lines. Could be they have been doing that all year and i'm just noticing.
The point being not much verbal communications between the QB and WR's between plays. . Not sure I like that and it could be adding to the problem.

Wallace and Hartline don't huddle.

So the only times Ryan actually talks to Hartine and Wallace are when the defense is on the field ? okay

The structured route tree is probably more complicated that what Wallace was used to so there's a learning curve I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
So the only time Ryan actually talks to Hartine and Wallace are when the defense is on the field ? okay

The structured route tree is probably more complicated that what Wallace was used to so there's a learning curve I guess.

There is....I didn't expect Wallace to come in an be the number 1 guy right away especially with HArtline on the team. Tannehill already has a great rapport with Hartline and Wallace's need to "develop" into the offense Tannehill was going to go with the guy he knows....as the season progresses I expect to see Wallace have bigger and bigger games as he and Tannehill continue to develop their relationship.

Back
Top Bottom