Wallace"Ryan is a traditional drop back type passer,Ben was a play ground type passer | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wallace"Ryan is a traditional drop back type passer,Ben was a play ground type passer

I love the slo-mo TD view against the colts at the 58 sec mark. You can see Tannehill in the background throwing his hands up.

I'm not looking to start a bash on Mike Wallace or anything, but I think a lot of those 'miscommunications' are 'Mike Wallace is misreading coverages and dropping alot of passes.'

It'll come in time. It's my understanding that our offense requires a lot out of our receivers between the ears and he probably just needs time to work at it.

Certainly can't blame him for underthrowing the deep ball, though he does have to come down with some of those. He did it in Pittsburgh, no reason he can't do it here.

fixed it for you

I remember before the season started I was listening to Sirius nfl radio and Bob Papa I believe is who it was saying that it would take Wallace a good year to get on the same page with Tannehill and vice versa and for Miami fans don't expect a lot from the 2 this year. He said at best the last 1/3 of the year they may start to click. Well so far I think he was correct.

My comment was wasn't directed at you, it was at the Tannehill/Roethlisberger comparisons the "journalists" keep regurgitating with Wallace.

I appreciate your time spent keeping Finheaven updated. :up:

No problem bro,it did look like a Big Ben vs Tanny post.I was just surprised to hear Wallace put it that way.It kinda makes you wonder if Wallace is missing (some) not a lot of coverage adjustments learning the new system knowing Ryan is less of a freelancer.

The question is whether Wallace needs Big Ben to be anything more than a Ted Ginn equivalent.

I just want to see a deep post from the slot position. Is that too much to ask?

You gotta have someone w. deep speed then in the slot position.

And it sure ain't Gibson. Nor Hartline. Nor Matthews. All of them are possession WRs

Tyms could though. Activate Tyms and put him in the slot. Let him run a post w Hartline squaring in on the opposite side, and Wallace running a fade or go on the same side. Clay dragging underneath, filling in behind the slant/go. Actually not coverable, if the OL holds up for 2.6 seconds.

LD

Back
Top Bottom