Walter Football 3 round mock 12/26/11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walter Football 3 round mock 12/26/11

jim1

Pro Bowler
Reaction score

Miami Dolphins: Riley Reiff, OT, Iowa

This has frustrated some Dolphin fans, but Matt Moore has been good enough to win Miami out of the Andrew Luck and Robert Griffin sweepstakes. He'll be the starter next year.

Instead of a quarterback, here's a much-needed upgrade for the offensive line. Marc Colombo stinks. He can't block anyone. Of the nine sacks the Dolphins surrendered against the Eagles, Colombo was responsible for three of them. Upgrading the right tackle position has to be Miami's No. 1 priority if it can't land a franchise signal-caller.

Miami Dolphins: Dwayne Allen, TE, Clemson
Tony Sparano's firing means that Anthony Fasano is done in Miami as well. Dwayne Allen, an absolute stud who could make it into the first round of this mock soon, would be a great weapon for Matt Moore.

Miami Dolphins: Vinny Curry, DE/OLB, Marshall
The only player on the Dolphins who can consistently pressure the quarterback is Cameron Wake. This is an area that absolutely needs to be addressed this upcoming offseason.

Five Brandons projected to go ahead of Weeden. Amazing.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2012.php

fail first and 3rd round picks...fail...ot for us in the top 10 auto fail...

yeah unless Weeden destroys it at the combine, I don't see him going anywhere near the top 3 rounds let alone top 2. This is the only place that people really like Weeden

here's a list from SCDC

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=49627

As of right now, no Weeden has not been invited. Wilson, Moore, and Tannehill are the only QBs confirmed so far

he needs an opportunity to showcase himself in front of the scouts for a week like this one to help his stock...but at the end of the day his grades gonna suffer cause of the age...not a darn thing he can do about it either

no matter what he does though i bet he's a 50-75 pick prospect...not any earlier but we'll see

b/t that list of names is not the most exciting right now...i'd like to see more talent than that on the field that week

he needs an opportunity to showcase himself in front of the scouts for a week like this one to help his stock...but at the end of the day his grades gonna suffer cause of the age...not a darn thing he can do about it either

no matter what he does though i bet he's a 50-75 pick prospect...not any earlier but we'll see

I'd agree he needs the week especially since he wouldn't be in Okie State's offense. MY personal opinion is that guys like Tannehill and Wilson (who played in pro style offenses) will gain a lot of love at the Senior Bowl. I think Kellen Moore will also impress teams.

ahhh so if weeden goes he's gonna have to take pro drops...he better be working on his 3 5 and 7 step drops then...interesting...cam newton didn't look great taking pro drops predraft so i think teams are gonna be ok with a learning curve there...that said if i'm drafting weeden with a top 40 pick or so i think i'm gonna do so to primarily play to what he's familiar with and has shown strengths in...spread

scouts are gonna love tannehills physical tools at the senior bowl week...no question about that...i'm sure he'll be a stock up guy all that week...i just don't love the game tape with him

I'll say it again, Brandon Weeden is not going in the 1st and probably won't go until a QB starved team needs him in the 2nd. With that, I could see QB starved teams passing on him in the 2nd and him falling into the 3rd or 4th.

I don't think that NFL teams who need a QB and know how to properly rate one will let that happen. He's just too damn good- if people disagree, so be it. He'll turn 36 in his 8th year, that's enough time to have a very good career. We all have our differing opinions, but personally when I watch Weeden play I see a very special talent, and I don't think that his talent will be denied in a QB driven and QB starved NFL.

I think there's a bit of a difference between Cam and Weeden though in the physical gift department.

The thing with Tannehill to remember is that he's played a year and a half at QB after being a WR the rest of his time at A&M so there is still a lot of rawness there.

I think there's a bit of a difference between Cam and Weeden though in the physical gift department.

The thing with Tannehill to remember is that he's played a year and a half at QB after being a WR the rest of his time at A&M so there is still a lot of rawness there.

no doubt...on both fronts...and teams will give tannehill the benefit of the doubt because of the latter...

Back
Top Bottom