Walter Football 3 round mock 12/26/11 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walter Football 3 round mock 12/26/11

as I've said many times, If no junior QBs come out, I have no problem taking a gamble on Ryan Tannehill. I'm just not a huge Weeden fan.

fail first and 3rd round picks...fail...ot for us in the top 10 auto fail...

So only Luck or the draft is a "fail"? What do you propose the Dolphins do if they have the 8th pick in the draft in order to move up?

1st round OT isn't a fail, would make a ton of sense if we cant get a QB and certain players are gone already. Right now as I predict the order, we may have to take an OT or try to trade down, hopefully trade down.

Ugh....thats why im really gonna hate where we end up picking. Claiborne and Blackmon will be picked right before us. Im worried(and i pray that im wrong) that Landry Jones will be sitting right there and our FO will highly consider taking him. It maybe the best value but i just cant stomach drafting another OL especially with a top ten pick. Im not sure about Richardson with the emergence of Bush. Courtney Upshaw is intriguing but im not sure if hes a reach if we are drafting top 8. Do we take a look at Kuechly? If we decide to go OL id rather see if we can trade down some spots and get DeCastro. Im sure opinions will change greatly during the bowl games and combine but if we cant get luck i have no strong feelings to any particular player with that top pick at all. Why couldnt there be an Eric Berry or Earl Thomas this draft? Sigh. On a side note im really curious who winds up drafting that headcase known as Vontaze Burfict.

With the way the TE has been such an integral part in todays passing game would i be crazy in wanting Allen in the 2nd and Fleener in the 3rd.

Last edited by a moderator:
So only Luck or the draft is a "fail"? What do you propose the Dolphins do if they have the 8th pick in the draft in order to move up?

i propose we offer up our first rounder this year and next and some initial offer of one of the following jake long vontae davis cam wake or brandon marshall but in the event thats not enough offer em up a combo of 2 of the players mentioned...

if they want more than that i walk away...thats what i call going all in...you have to give good to get good...i don't know that the rams for instance would want jake or wake given what they have in house and the resources they've invested in the position but i'm damn sure they'd be interested in vontae in a trade down...and very much so...and marshall who knows

and yes fellas top 10 ot for us in this draft is fail...we need to do better than that

i propose we offer up our first rounder this year and next and some initial offer of one of the following jake long vontae davis cam wake or brandon marshall but in the event thats not enough offer em up a combo of 2 of the players mentioned...

if they want more than that i walk away...thats what i call going all in...you have to give good to get good...i don't know that the rams for instance would want jake or wake given what they have in house and the resources they've invested in the position but i'm damn sure they'd be interested in vontae in a trade down...and very much so...and marshall who knows

and yes fellas top 10 ot for us in this draft is fail...we need to do better than that

So you want to trade Vontae, Marshall, this year's 1st (call it the 8th pick), and next year's 1st (probably another Top 10 pick)? I think that's just a little too much, don't you? I mean, we have some talent in place today that we have either drafted or acquired through trade. This team is a lot closer than their record. Do we want to self-destruct that? I mean, I know Luck is going to be a very good QB in this league, but that just seems like an awful lot.

Now, what if the Rams say no. You say walk away and keep your pick. Who do you take. RGIII is gone, Blackmon is gone. I could definitely see one of the OLB's, but what if they don't really like any of the guys there and they can't trade out of the pick. Are you really taking Tannenhill or Weeden with the 8th pick???? It could just be that an OT is the best available player on the board and it's the right pick. Believe me, I don't love the pick either, but it may be the only pick. In light of that, it can't be a fail if they exhaust all options (within reason) to get Luck or try to trade out of the pick.

it probably is a bit much...ideally you get away with 2 #1's and vontae to which i'd be where do i sign if the rams would take it...but i know without any doubt that if the rams get that pick and put that pick out there in trade you better be ready to anty up cause there will be plenty of suitors...personally i don't think our top 10 pick a 1st next year and vontae will be enough i think it will get trumped but thats just me...essentially though they could view that as 3 top 20 picks so maybe...

as for what i'd do if we can't get luck i've been racking my brain over it and personally i'm not in love with the talent available to us even at that pick...we're in a tough spot...i know that much

as for the fail stuff imo top 10 ot for us is fail but in the event we go all out to try and acquire the pick for andrew luck and they still don't bite whoever has the pick thats all i can ask for...but we need to make it known that we want to be in that bidding should it present itself...

Back
Top Bottom