Walter Football 3 Round Mock | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walter Football 3 Round Mock

Oh, WF made our third-rounder Sharrif Floyd. So to re-cap: 1 WR, 1 G, 1 CB, 1 DT.

Jones is a machine and will produce in any system. If he's there with our 1st I grab him. Then I take a look at best available CB, WR, and OL in that order. I'd love to go get a top WR but no one in the 1st is that much ahead of guys that will go in the 3rd, so let's wait. I'd really treasure a shut down corner.

Chambers, I certainly see Incognito gone this year, he's so stiff and not athletic enough, and is playing out off position anyways.

I see a true LG coming in the draft but likely after the 3rd round. I believe Sherman has strong influence on player personnel. He was very strong with it while in GB years back. Playmakers will be the theme of next draft. The players we'll be looking for IMO would beMLB Teo, Skov; DE Montgomery, Mingo, maybe Woerner, Jeffcoat maybe Porter (the A&M connection); CB Milliner, Rhodes, Banks, Trufant; S Reid, Lester, Vaccarro, mcdonald. I definitely see defense this season and plenty of playmaking talent added to it. Offensive talent maybe added in 3rd round-seam threat, tall and athleticTE's Fauria, Toilolo, Ertz, Lutzenwhatever; and WR probably strong, quick Hopkins, Swope(A&M Connection), Patterson, Stills-I like his last name, Abbrederis (dudes a beast), Mathews, boyce, Debose and Bailey [they fit the height/weight criteria and are all go to playmakers]

Jones is a machine and will produce in any system. If he's there with our 1st I grab him. Then I take a look at best available CB, WR, and OL in that order. I'd love to go get a top WR but no one in the 1st is that much ahead of guys that will go in the 3rd, so let's wait. I'd really treasure a shut down corner.
Corner is a huge need. The Dolphins could get their pass rusher in round 1 and then trade back up. Maybe Banks slips a little and Miami gets Jones/Banks or Werner/Banks. I've seen him projected to go in the 2nd round, but come draft day he probably goes much higher. I haven't followed the corners too much yet.

Chambers, I certainly see Incognito gone this year, he's so stiff and not athletic enough, and is playing out off position anyways.

I see a true LG coming in the draft but likely after the 3rd round. I believe Sherman has strong influence on player personnel. He was very strong with it while in GB years back. Playmakers will be the theme of next draft. The players we'll be looking for IMO would beMLB Teo, Skov; DE Montgomery, Mingo, maybe Woerner, Jeffcoat maybe Porter (the A&M connection); CB Milliner, Rhodes, Banks, Trufant; S Reid, Lester, Vaccarro, mcdonald. I definitely see defense this season and plenty of playmaking talent added to it. Offensive talent maybe added in 3rd round-seam threat, tall and athleticTE's Fauria, Toilolo, Ertz, Lutzenwhatever; and WR probably strong, quick Hopkins, Swope(A&M Connection), Patterson, Stills-I like his last name, Abbrederis (dudes a beast), Mathews, boyce, Debose and Bailey [they fit the height/weight criteria and are all go to playmakers]
What's your thoughts on Milliner? I've read comparisons to Charles Woodson, but can't remember seeing him play when I saw Bama last year. If he's anywhere near that good, he's definitely on Miami's short list I'd think.

I have followed him for just a short time, since TedSlimjr raved about him he's tough, great cover and flips his hips quick. I think we'd have to have a top ten pick to get him and he will be a #1 CB. I don't get the Amerson love IMO he sucks! These are the corners in the top 15 and I think thats where we will draft.

Also Montgomery is the DE to target as well. He is a good athlete, not as much as Mingo, but he's got strength at poa and he has some nice moves. He is a strong pass rusher, plays the run and these are the 2 players Miami needs to be targeting IMHO at this point. These guys would really add to this tough defense.

iMO Milliner would give us a future shutdown corner and pairing with a developing SS24 we would have a much improved secondary that could develope into a strength. I am wary of Smith because all of a sudden the light is coming on and it happens to be in a contract year. But remember that Smith was a reciever in college so he has been developing since he was drafted. So he may just beginning to reach the potential we saw a few years ago.

If Miami takes a pass rusher I don't see it happening in the first round. They'll take the best avialable WR or trade down for more picks.

This is a deep class for pass rushers and one of the big name players will fall out of the first round. Depending on where the Dolphins pick, I think their top 3 choices for DE are Okafor, Lemonier and Carradine(who would be a great value pick after the mid 2nd round).

Here is Walter Football's updated first three rounders, covering our five picks -

1. Keenan Allen, WR, Cal
2A. Jonathan Cooper, G, North Carolina
2B. Jordan Poyer, CB, Oregon State
3A. Sharrif Floyd, DT, Florida
3B. Datone Jones, DE, UCLA

Back
Top Bottom