Walter Football Consensus Mock Draft | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walter Football Consensus Mock Draft

Todd gurleys tape is freaking scary...wow thats impressive stuff...a big back that outruns angles all over the place...that tapes the best at rb since aps oklahoma work

lol... he is my top RB, sad with injuries though.

Just finished the dline combine work...bout to get into lbs...underwhelmed on the dline talent for miamis needs...class is loaded with 34 olbs but that doesnt help us...

Kendricks ran 4.61 at 232 lbs and came in over 6 ft...hes on my list at 14 with that....period

He could carry 235 and still run 4.65 and with his instincts play more like sub 4.6...best instincts in the ilb class best move and hip athlete in the ilb class...well done son

Thank you for validating a top 15 pick for me in this class at a crucial spot of need

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know where I got 6'3 from, my bad. In any case j-off made a great comparison with Matt Forte, I was almost going to compare him to Daniel Thomas which I know wouldn't of been popular.

But he is kind of similar, except Daniel Thomas had 0 vision in the NFL, and was a complete wuss. But who knows how Johnson will React to the NFL. I think there styles and builds are very similar.

In any case, his greatest value is his pass catching, not his running.

Just finished the dline combine work...bout to get into lbs...underwhelmed on the dline talent for miamis needs...class is loaded with 34 olbs but that doesnt help us...

Have you checked out any Henry Anderson tape? That guy is being severely underrated IMO. He is more DT for me but can play some closed end. Check out his game vs Az State I believe it was…stats weren't gaudy but he was unstoppable.

Have you checked out any Henry Anderson tape? That guy is being severely underrated IMO. He is more DT for me but can play some closed end. Check out his game vs Az State I believe it was…stats weren't gaudy but he was unstoppable.

is that the stanford kid???

i agree with this... but his showings in Senior bowl and everything after his season, yes at Stanford, has kind of quieted his talk more or less. not sure officially the reasons people havent spoken about him as much. but definitely a guy to keep an eye on in later rounds if he really is sliding that far down. but there are solid DTs that can fill and take on blocks still.

hoos.... have you read any of the combine talk on DL, LBs, CBs, etc... in the thread? give your thoughts whenever, would be nice to discuss. especially on your DT comment, a lot of them are rawer athletic guys that are more gap attackers.

if that's the stanford kid he's a 5 tech and as such not on my board...really long has 5 tech written all over him

I don't agree with the sentiment that Trae Waynes is a bad scheme fit for Miami. It's the exact opposite. Michigan State is a Cover Four defense and that's what Miami plays. MSU also plays a lot of Fire Zone which again is another Kevin Coyle special. You've got to see beyond the obvious of Wayne utilizing press in his coverage technique. He's playing a lot of Cover Four and showing a keen understanding of how offenses try to attack him and flood his zone within that scheme. Also shows a good understanding of what releases he can and can't allow within the scheme.

His coverage style is physical throughout, it isn't just about the press. When he does press and he takes inside leverage, he funnels the receiver to the outside and uses those long, really strong arms (see bench press results which aren't surprising) to jam the guy, often out of bounds making him ineligible. He doesn't necessarily physically maul the player like Marcus Peters. He's playing within the scheme.

Just an all the way good player and he'd be a good pick, good scheme fit, at #14 overall.

if that's the stanford kid he's a 5 tech and as such not on my board...really long has 5 tech written all over him

Henry Anderson is the Stanford kid and he's a 5 technique all day. Not a fit for us.

I don't agree with the sentiment that Trae Waynes is a bad scheme fit for Miami. It's the exact opposite. Michigan State is a Cover Four defense and that's what Miami plays. MSU also plays a lot of Fire Zone which again is another Kevin Coyle special. You've got to see beyond the obvious of Wayne utilizing press in his coverage technique. He's playing a lot of Cover Four and showing a keen understanding of how offenses try to attack him and flood his zone within that scheme. Also shows a good understanding of what releases he can and can't allow within the scheme.

His coverage style is physical throughout, it isn't just about the press. When he does press and he takes inside leverage, he funnels the receiver to the outside and uses those long, really strong arms (see bench press results which aren't surprising) to jam the guy, often out of bounds making him ineligible. He doesn't necessarily physically maul the player like Marcus Peters. He's playing within the scheme.

Just an all the way good player and he'd be a good pick, good scheme fit, at #14 overall.

he actually isnt that physical of a CB anyways... he does use his hands down field too much though

Back
Top Bottom