Walter Football Consensus Mock Draft | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walter Football Consensus Mock Draft

gordon added all that weight to run inside and scrubbed every bit of a .10 of speed in the process...that was jamaal charles level fast before he put on that 15-20 lbs

Tevin Coleman probably goes in the 2nd. Outside of him and Gurley/Gordon I think the rest of those guys will be around in the 3rd-4th. Guys like Ajayi, Yeldon, Duke Johnson, Cobb, Allen, etc. There are a ton of good players at RB going to be there in the mid rounds.

Tevin Coleman probably goes in the 2nd. Outside of him and Gurley/Gordon I think the rest of those guys will be around in the 3rd-4th. Guys like Ajayi, Yeldon, Duke Johnson, Cobb, Allen, etc. There are a ton of good players at RB going to be there in the mid rounds.

coleman looks fast i'm sure he runs pretty well but so much of that tape is him clean into the 2nd level its crazy...it's like the seas parted or something...i wouldnt do it in the top 50...his styles a little upright also

coleman looks fast i'm sure he runs pretty well but so much of that tape is him clean into the 2nd level its crazy...it's like the seas parted or something...i wouldnt do it in the top 50...his styles a little upright also
Cant say I disagree because Ive thought the same thing…but its odd because IUs line isn't exactly a bunch of juggernauts…so Im tempted to say he might just have some pretty good vision as well. I think he's probably right around that 50 mark…I could see it either way. Good player

i agree basically with all the RB comments above!!! i'm waiting to rounds 3-4-5 (matters how the draft is all falling) to take a solid RB that will contribute for our offense, i want more of a downhill RB with vision as well.

just to comment on Langford from what hoos said, is i agree with what he said, but for some reason the guy was just constantly reliable and constantly got his job done. kind of impressive. but Cobb is still the guy I like more, and it was relieving to find out on the pulled quad in the 40 time.

to J-off-her-doll.... i'm still not comfortable with Dupree at #14... i know exactly what you're saying on the talent he brings athletically and what he can become... but the idea he isnt there yet and has a lot of work to get there worries me. and not saying he will end up being a bust (because we dont know yet) but there are athletic prospets who thrive with their ability, but jsut never can pan out with technique, and recognition, etc... Biggest name that always pops in my head first is Vernon Gholston. then i can add in an Aaron Maybin, Robert Ayers, Larry English, Courtney Brown.

gordon added all that weight to run inside and scrubbed every bit of a .10 of speed in the process...that was jamaal charles level fast before he put on that 15-20 lbs

There's a rumor going around that because all of the running back times came back about a 10th of a second slow that there might have been a problem with the computers/timing on the whole group. Should be interesting to see where nfldraftscout comes out on it. They use their own hand times and those from teams (the teams all use their own hand times, not the "official" times).

There's a rumor going around that because all of the running back times came back about a 10th of a second slow that there might have been a problem with the computers/timing on the whole group. Should be interesting to see where nfldraftscout comes out on it. They use their own hand times and those from teams (the teams all use their own hand times, not the "official" times).

well if that's the case then those times they put out on their pro days should be almost 2 tenths faster...cause we all know pro days on home fields are notorious for adding a .10

well if that's the case then those times they put out on their pro days should be almost 2 tenths faster...cause we all know pro days on home fields are notorious for adding a .10

Yup. Also that. I haven't followed up on it as a rumor but it is something I've seen go around.

Yup. Also that. I haven't followed up on it as a rumor but it is something I've seen go around.

the one that really threw me for a loop was tj yeldon 4.65...i would have sworn on everything i have that he was a sub 4.5 or worst case low 4.5's guy

If the first picks did play out this way I would have no problem drafting Iowa's Brandon Scherff and playing him at guard. Draft a middle linebacker in the second round and then go from there.

UGH! ... Seriously, if Miami uses the 14th overall pick on someone to play guard, I might just shoot myself in the face.

I enjoyed watching him in college, but it would be very Dolphinsish to draft a guy with questions about which position he should be playing.

I can see the press conference now... We drafted him because of the versatility he brings to the table and the ability to play various positions.

http://walterfootball.com/mocks/consensus/nfl/2015

An interesting premise where Walter and Charlie take their mocks, , and the mocks from the forum members of Walter's site to show who s being mocked to a team the most (top 3). Miami's top 3 right now for 14...

1.Trae Waynes CB Michigan State- Mocked to Miami 14% of the time by readers, also mocked to us by Charlie and Walter
2.Shaq Thompson LB, Washington- Mocked to Miami 12% of the time be readers.
3.La'el Collins OL, LSU-Mocked to Miami 11% of the time by the readers

Those numbers seem low, but most of the numbers for teams are around that.

But in what round is his cousin Kal El getting drafted?

If were talking about raw physical pass rushers, shouldn't we be talking about Owa > Dupree?

I've had Owa as a 1st rnd pick for awhile now, but I wouldn't take either player 14. I don't really see the same player in Dupree you do, is there specific games against higher level of competition that you would point to? The games I saw against legit comp, I didn't see any if this raw ability you keep pointing to, and his motor was non existent.

Why? Dupree was more productive, proved to be the superior athlete (no slight on Owa), and he doesn't have the injury history that Owa does. I like both, and I wouldn't argue with Owa being a 1st RD player. Big fan, but Dupree looks like the better bet. If not for the injury concerns, though, I'd be happy with Owa at 14. I have to get more familiar with the details, but I'd have to feel good about his health. If he is healthy, I'd take Owa over Fowler all day.

I see Dupree as an even more athletic and versatile Jamie Collins, and I think he'll develop into a better pass rusher. If Lamar Woodley and Jamie Collins had a baby that was faster than either, that's the kind of player I see Dupree becoming. One thing I like to note is that Awsi is always harping on Miami not taking chances on top-end talent. Dupree's pass-rush stats would look a lot better if he weren't also asked to play coverage, but his effort between the two didn't vary. Again, I know that the lack of refinement makes him seem like a bigger risk, but he's actually, historically speaking, a very safe bet.

Bane, I understand what you're saying, but Gholston, English, and Ayers are not legitimate comparisons to Dupree. They're in a lower tier of athlete that often fails. Dupree is in a group with Collins, Woodley, Barwin, Wake, Merriman, Orakpo, and Houston. It's not a long list, and there are few busts emerge from it. I don't think it matters, because if Ziggy Ansah is a top-5 pick, Bud Dupree is a top-5 pick. He may not go THAT high, but I don't think he'll be there at 14.

We only have one spot to fill, assuming Albert is healthy, and I'm pretty convinced Turner will be a baller.

We just need to get a real rb who doesn't leave so many damn yards on the field. Miller just isn't that guy. Once teams respect our run game, tannehill will be upright more often, and Our defense wont be on the field as often.

Run game is key this off season IMO.
I think Todd Gurley would take care of that. Miami could dictate the running game rather than scheme for it to be successful. That's not a knock on Lamar Miller, who has a very good year for the Dolphins. It's just that Gurley is on another level, one Miami hasn't seen since Ricky Williams.

Back
Top Bottom