Walter Football Consensus Mock Draft | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walter Football Consensus Mock Draft

ChambersWI

Going Ghost
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
http://walterfootball.com/mocks/consensus/nfl/2015

An interesting premise where Walter and Charlie take their mocks, , and the mocks from the forum members of Walter's site to show who s being mocked to a team the most (top 3). Miami's top 3 right now for 14...

1.Trae Waynes CB Michigan State- Mocked to Miami 14% of the time by readers, also mocked to us by Charlie and Walter
2.Shaq Thompson LB, Washington- Mocked to Miami 12% of the time be readers.
3.La'el Collins OL, LSU-Mocked to Miami 11% of the time by the readers

Those numbers seem low, but most of the numbers for teams are around that.

I'm still confused why Shaq Thompson is so high. Funny thing about him is that the talking heads on NFL Network said they all rated him higher as a running back and I said the same thing months ago. I said I liked him as a running back more than a linebacker.

I'm still confused why Shaq Thompson is so high. Funny thing about him is that the talking heads on NFL Network said they all rated him higher as a running back and I said the same thing months ago. I said I liked him as a running back more than a linebacker.

I enjoyed watching him in college, but it would be very Dolphinsish to draft a guy with questions about which position he should be playing.

As for Waynes, are we going to completely redo our secondary scheme? And Collins...lolz. Fortunately, I see him going to the Saints now.

I enjoyed watching him in college, but it would be very Dolphinsish to draft a guy with questions about which position he should be playing.

As for Waynes, are we going to completely redo our secondary scheme? And Collins...lolz. Fortunately, I see him going to the Saints now.

Waynes absolutely can play in our scheme

Hey, I wouldn't mind seeing it, because it would be really nice to draft a talented playmaker like that for once. Worst case scenario if he can't: It's only an issue for a year. :lol:

I didn't like those 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle numbers. Shows poor COD and acceleration IMO. Collins put up some nice numbers but I don't like what I see on tape with him. I still think Ifo Ekpre-Olomu is our best fit. I also like Charles Gaines as a 3rd or 4th rounder to develop. We need two CBs in this draft IMO. Steven Nelson, Craig Mager, Ronald Darby and Kevin Johnson are also intriguing prospects.

I think we should go DT at #14...Malcolm Brown comes to mind...unless Kevin White, Amari Cooper or DeVante Parker are there at #14 and then take Ekpre-Olomu at #47 and draft a CB later as well in the 4th round or so.

We could also go with Scherff but I don't think he makes it to #14. There are a lot of variables here. If Tennessee really takes Mariota at #2 then the Jets would most likely take a WR like Cooper or White which means Parker will probably end up in Minnesota and all 3 WRs are gone. Let me think about this.

1. Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston
2. Tennessee - Marcus Mariota
3. Jacksonville - Leonard Williams
4. Oakland - Amari Cooper
5. Washington - Dante Fowler
6. Jets - Kevin White
7. Chicago - Danny Shelton
8. Atlanta - Vic Beasley
9. Giants - La'el Collins
10. St. Louis - Andrus Peat
11. Minnesota - DeVante Parker
12. Cleveland - DGB (they're that dumb...but seriously Cleveland needs a WR, a QB, TE, DL, ILB)
13. New Orleans - Trae Waynes
14. Miami - ???

only one miami should consider is laell collins...only if we don't get what we need in free agency

I am, not at all, excited about the prospects of taking a CB in the first round. How rare is it now adays that a CB actually produces good results in their first year?

Just look at last years CBs drafted in the first round. Kyle Fuller seems like he had the best season out of the bunch (correct me if i'm wrong) and that dude got consistently burned from the Bears games I saw. He did also have some nice plays.

I'm all for developing players and not expecting too much from Rookies. But drafting on either the OLine or DLine seems to yield the quickest year one results if you hit on your pick. CB, in todays NFL, just has too high of a learning curve to expect solid consistent play year one.

In other words, I'm not going to be happy with our first round pick if we use it on Waynes. Your frist round pick needs to be used on someone that will come in and produce year one. Use the later rounds on development players, and it seems like every CB drafted needs significant development before they should start.

I didn't like those 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle numbers. Shows poor COD and acceleration IMO. Collins put up some nice numbers but I don't like what I see on tape with him. I still think Ifo Ekpre-Olomu is our best fit. I also like Charles Gaines as a 3rd or 4th rounder to develop. We need two CBs in this draft IMO. Steven Nelson, Craig Mager, Ronald Darby and Kevin Johnson are also intriguing prospects.

I think we should go DT at #14...Malcolm Brown comes to mind...unless Kevin White, Amari Cooper or DeVante Parker are there at #14 and then take Ekpre-Olomu at #47 and draft a CB later as well in the 4th round or so.

We could also go with Scherff but I don't think he makes it to #14. There are a lot of variables here. If Tennessee really takes Mariota at #2 then the Jets would most likely take a WR like Cooper or White which means Parker will probably end up in Minnesota and all 3 WRs are gone. Let me think about this.

6. Jets - Kevin White
8. Atlanta - Vic Beasley
12. Cleveland - DGB (they're that dumb...but seriously Cleveland needs a WR, a QB, TE, DL, ILB)
14. Miami - ???

I do agree I think they are going to be looking to go defense. A few DT will be up there…they might like Kendricks..they seem to like Beasley a lot if he's there..and if they like him they also probably like Ray.
Collins and Scherff could be in play if they miss out on guards in FA.

Running Back? I thought they had him pegged as a Safety instead of a LineBacker.

6. Jets - Kevin White
8. Atlanta - Vic Beasley
14. Miami - ???

If the draft falls this way (which of course it will because it's a nightmare scenario for us) Todd Gurley would be the best player available, and I'd want us to take him or Jaelen Strong. I guess I wouldn't hate Malcolm Brown either, but I don't think we should draft a DT at 14 not named Danny Shelton, and there's no way he's falling to us.
On a side note, for all the people that cursed me for rooting against us in the Minnesota game. **** you. We were out of the playoffs once the Chiefs lost to Pitt, and with a loss there Ross very well may have fired Philbin, and would now be in a beautiful spot to land Davante Parker. We can't do anything right.

If the draft falls this way (which of course it will because it's a nightmare scenario for us) Todd Gurley would be the best player available, and I'd want us to take him or Jaelen Strong. I guess I wouldn't hate Malcolm Brown either, but I don't think we should draft a DT at 14 not named Danny Shelton, and there's no way he's falling to us.
On a side note, for all the people that cursed me for rooting against us in the Minnesota game. **** you. We were out of the playoffs once the Chiefs lost to Pitt, and with a loss there Ross very well may have fired Philbin, and would now be in a beautiful spot to land Davante Parker. We can't do anything right.

I think the first 11 picks will be pretty close. You could make a case for Scherff in there somewhere. He could end up in Atlanta or with the Giants and Minnesota has a need at OL as well but I think the prospect of them getting Parker reunited with Bridgewater might be too enticing. I really have no idea what Cleveland will do...I doubt the take DGB given what they're going through with Josh Gordon...doubtful they'd want to get burned twice by the same type of player (although DGB not anywhere near as good as Gordon). There are no QBs worth taking after the top two especially not that early. They're probably going to lose their TE in free agency but that would be pretty high for Maxx Williams who's not as athletic as Cameron. They were terrible against the run last year so DT would be in play for them...Malcolm Brown could be a Brown but I really think they may reach for a WR. They should have taken Watkins last year instead of trading down and now with Gordon suspended for the year they're really hurting at WR.

Cleveland's a toss-up.

I do agree I think they are going to be looking to go defense. A few DT will be up there…they might like Kendricks..they seem to like Beasley a lot if he's there..and if they like him they also probably like Ray.
Collins and Scherff could be in play if they miss out on guards in FA.

i'd say the odds on sherff getting to us are very low...

Back
Top Bottom