Walter Football Consensus Mock Draft | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walter Football Consensus Mock Draft

Not sure why the hate for DGB? Dez Bryant had a pretty similar background, horrible upbringing and now he is one of the top three NFL receivers. He could have been a Phin if Jeff Ireland wasn't asking him whether his mama was a Ho. :rolleyes2:

It's not DGB's background that's my major concern with him. He's not the player Dez Bryant was in college. You guys see some highlight films of him and think he's going to be all world. I've made my views on DGB known all in this forum. Not going to rehash the same stuff over and over.

It's not DGB's background that's my major concern with him. He's not the player Dez Bryant was in college. You guys see some highlight films of him and think he's going to be all world. I've made my views on DGB known all in this forum. Not going to rehash the same stuff over and over.

i looked at dgbs tape...the guys got no clue what he's doing...the missouri stuff the offense is also potential for product of the system production although he's a very good athlete he's not calvin johnson level that was bs and dez bryants college tape destroys dgbs

i think it's becoming more hype than substance and not worth all the other stuff that comes with it...could it develop sure it could...but i'm not waiting 2 years to find out and hoping it keeps its' nose clean in south beach during the process

not with pick 14 i'm not

Last edited by a moderator:
if cooper got to #10 i'd call up st louis and see what it cost to move up for him...probably would have to include our 3rd rounder

st louis i think would listen to trade out offers...i wouldn't let minnesota get a shot at him

Depending on what the Fins do in FA I could see them calling up Oakland again for a trade as well. That team needs a ton of help and I could see them picking up an extra 2nd to move back.

Depending on what the Fins do in FA I could see them calling up Oakland again for a trade as well. That team needs a ton of help and I could see them picking up an extra 2nd to move back.

you better give them more than to get to #4...i know this if we did somehow get cooper when they were announcing "and with the _ pick in the 2015 draft the miami dolphins select amari cooper wr alabama" there would be an "and brian hartline turn in your playbook your contract has been terminated" added on the end of it

that would be boss

i looked at dgbs tape...the guys got no clue what he's doing...the missouri stuff the offense is also potential for product of the system production although he's a very good athlete he's not calvin johnson level that was bs and dez bryants college tape destroys dgbs

i think it's becoming more hype than substance and not worth all the other stuff that comes with it...could it develop sure it could...but i'm not waiting 2 years to find out and hoping it keeps its' nose clean in south beach during the process

not with pick 14 i'm not
And you know what will happen. Everyone will blame the coaches, the owner and the scheme for why he can't get on the field. Just like Dion Jordan.

I remember lots of people around here high on Cordarelle Patterson after his combine and I was against it. The guy, on tape, looked like he had no understanding of what he was doing or why he was doing it. He would run right up to DBs and just turn around and wait for the ball...never got that DB to flip his hips and then gear down to come back to the ball...and then his Wonderlic was leaked out and he scored some single digit number. I'd be willing to wait if someone could guarantee me that this guy will turn into a NFL WR but I have some serious doubts he ever gets there. There's nothing in his film to me that says he understands how to play WR let alone read defenses...everything to me screams athlete instead of football player.

And you know what will happen. Everyone will blame the coaches, the owner and the scheme for why he can't get on the field. Just like Dion Jordan.

I remember lots of people around here high on Cordarelle Patterson after his combine and I was against it. The guy, on tape, looked like he had no understanding of what he was doing or why he was doing it. He would run right up to DBs and just turn around and wait for the ball...never got that DB to flip his hips and then gear down to come back to the ball...and then his Wonderlic was leaked out and he scored some single digit number. I'd be willing to wait if someone could guarantee me that this guy will turn into a NFL WR but I have some serious doubts he ever gets there. There's nothing in his film to me that says he understands how to play WR let alone read defenses...everything to me screams athlete instead of football player.

patterson had no clue how to play wr his biggest asset was his return abilities...there's more to playing wr than catching bubble and tunnel screens and the seas parting for 90 yards to the house athletes...keenan allen was the wr in that class from a know how to play the position and he's proven to be just that... i agree dgb has no clue also...unless you are just gonna throw it up there and let him climb the latter and go get it...we'd spend multiple years trying to teach the guy routes and the offense...nah i'll take polish that can also play at a high level over potential at wr that has no clue what it's doing

i just can't get down with guys that level raw...definitely not at 14

sammie coates has no clue what he's doing also especially route running wise...

patterson had no clue how to play wr his biggest asset was his return abilities...there's more to playing wr than catching bubble and tunnel screens and the seas parting for 90 yards to the house athletes...keenan allen was the wr in that class from a know how to play the position and he's proven to be just that... i agree dgb has no clue also...unless you are just gonna throw it up there and let him climb the latter and go get it...we'd spend multiple years trying to teach the guy routes and the offense...nah i'll take polish that can also play at a high level over potential at wr that has no clue what it's doing

those words are exactly what I think about, especially in the first round..... good call

I agree with ChambersWI. Trae Waynes is as good of a fit for Kevin Coyle as Dre Kirkpatrick was when Cincy took him in the first. Brent Grimes is less a prototype for what Coyle wants than a guy who can play off man because he's a phenomenal athlete. But length is always a plus. I like him as a fit better than a guy like Jamar Taylor who doesn't have much awareness.

I still think we're going skill position in the first round, but if it is a defender it'll probably be a corner.

Do you remember the excuses certain people here made for Patterson? Exact same garbage I'm reading for the DGB people.

I remember someone asked Jimmy Johnson his biggest draft mistake ever. And he got legitimately angry when he answered, and said, "I will never draft a stupid player In my life ever again."

People don't realize the headaches these morons cause.

Look at the Vikings now, drafted Patterson based in upside, 2 years Later, right back in the draft looking for a new #1 WR.

You lose a lot when miss on these retards. It's not just the draft pick that you lose.

I agree with ChambersWI. Trae Waynes is as good of a fit for Kevin Coyle as Dre Kirkpatrick was when Cincy took him in the first. Brent Grimes is less a prototype for what Coyle wants than a guy who can play off man because he's a phenomenal athlete. But length is always a plus. I like him as a fit better than a guy like Jamar Taylor who doesn't have much awareness.

I still think we're going skill position in the first round, but if it is a defender it'll probably be a corner.

question...would you say that dre kirkpatrick in cinci was drafted in the ideal scheme fit for his game??? cause i think waynes is a better player but i dont think fitzpatrick is an example we want to use to validate that level pick...he's been pretty underwhelming for where he was drafted...if i recall fitzpatricks best fit was more cover 2

anybody know how many bench reps waynes did at the combine...cause for his skillset it's a big deal way i see it that he has legit upper body strength

also i've scoured miamis tape tannehill is not coming to the los and calling out a different play at the line...he's jumping right into his cadence and starting motion etc from the time he sets up presnap and at times he's making sure the line has the protections set up...so whoever told you that i think is full of it

those plays are being called in the huddle

question...would you say that dre kirkpatrick in cinci was drafted in the ideal scheme fit for his game??? cause i think waynes is a better player but i dont think fitzpatrick is an example we want to use to validate that level pick...he's been pretty underwhelming for where he was drafted

anybody know how many bench reps waynes did at the combine...cause for his skillset it's a big deal way i see it that he has legit upper body strength

Validate is one thing. I'm talking about mocking the pick, and Kirkpatrick is a valid precedent. As a player Kirkpatrick has struggled with injuries as much as anything. Can't stay on the field. But Bama corners always need some transition time to the pros because of the way they're coached. Look at Kareem Jackson. Took him a few years too.

Pretty sure Waynes did 19 reps. That's the dead on average iirc.

Validate is one thing. I'm talking about mocking the pick, and Kirkpatrick is a valid precedent. As a player Kirkpatrick has struggled with injuries as much as anything. Can't stay on the field. But Bama corners always need some transition time to the pros because of the way they're coached. Look at Kareem Jackson. Took him a few years too.

Pretty sure Waynes did 19 reps. That's the dead on average iirc.

19 ok...not the 27 the other bulls with similar games have done before him but fair enough...i havent gotten to the dbs combine stuff yet but those hips are key in our scheme way i see it

If I want a dB in our scheme, it's all About Darby.

One if my favorite players in this draft, and a perfect fit. Despite his great combine, still is overall underrated IMO.

19 ok...not the 27 the other bulls with similar games have done before him but fair enough...i havent gotten to the dbs combine stuff yet but those hips are key in our scheme way i see it

Hips are a key to any scheme. But it's all a means to an end. If you're long your hips don't have to be quite as good. And these days with the monstrous WRs college football is putting out length is more important than ever. Fewer and fewer teams are playing press man because they just can't matchup physically with the Dez Bryants of the world. Why put a target on your corner's back with a jump ball or a fade stop? Even Waynes isn't enough of a specimen to hang in there with these guys. But at least he's quick and long on jump balls and a pest with that length in zone.

No to Waynes for the reasons that truth and hoops mentioned. We were worried about it, and Monday confirmed it. He just doesn't have high-level CB feet.

He came in smaller and lighter than expected - 15 lbs lighter than Jalen Collins - and he struggled with agility drills. Collins, though, has great feet. I think he'll be the first CB off the board. After him, you have a number of CB's, of various sizes, with better feet than Waynes. Understanding that, I couldn't draft him at 14. Limited ceiling, moderate chance of busting.

Back
Top Bottom