Walter Football Consensus Mock Draft | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walter Football Consensus Mock Draft

i agree above on Collins, he had a great combine to show all of his ability... but he himself has so much to work with too... breaks out of backpedal and how to use his hands he totally lacks

Waynes I think showed pretty smooth hips and decent footwork, not much wasted movement (especially like PJ Williams showed as example) and was balanced, but yes needs work in those aspects.... he will no doubt be working with coaches on all that the next month or so till prod day... lets see improvements hopefully.
but to Waynes bench too, though he played press in Michigan St i never really saw him play that physically up front at the line... but yes he uses his hands on a lot, but just wasnt a physical player.

i think he can fit into our scheme... game film shows he can run with WRs and has good technique throughout, great ball skills and hands, keep working and he will be fine... easy coachable

waynes michigan state tape is littered with press man...i dont like the idea of with a top 15 pick taking a guy and asking him to prove he can play something else than what validated your grade in the first place...last years top pick darquez dennard michigan state tape same thing press man...i don't agree with the coyle is making a scheme exception with grimes miami blitzes as much as any team in football as a result in our scheme you are gonna play a lot of off coverages and face the play the entire time cause ideally when you blitz you expect the ball to come out quickly...coyle sure as hell didnt draft will davis for anything other than our current scheme and miami employs a ton of off and zone coverage as it stands...i just don't buy that we are making exceptions in our cb core...jamar taylor best in off coverages on boise st tape will davis same brent grimes sure isnt anything other than what we run ideal wise

jalen collins is as fluid on tape as you will find he just needs a lot of work on his technique etc...his long term upside is very high and athletes like that have the potential to develop into studs...his game looks like a packer like corner skill set to me...if not stud very solid long term once he learns his craft

Funchess Had Wayne spinning in circles. If he had a better qb he Would of had much bigger numbers against waynes. He took complete advantage of waynes inability to turn his hips.

Funchess Had Wayne spinning in circles. If he had a better qb he Would of had much bigger numbers against waynes. He took complete advantage of waynes inability to turn his hips.

that's odd i thought waynes ate him up for the most part...will have to check that out again...funchess on that game tape is pillow soft...doesnt use his hands at all...

waynes michigan state tape is littered with press man...i dont like the idea of with a top 15 pick taking a guy and asking him to prove he can play something else than what validated your grade in the first place...last years top pick darquez dennard michigan state tape same thing press man...i don't agree with the coyle is making a scheme exception with grimes miami blitzes as much as any team in football as a result in our scheme you are gonna play a lot of off coverages and face the play the entire time cause ideally when you blitz you expect the ball to come out quickly...coyle sure as hell didnt draft will davis for anything other than our current scheme and miami employs a ton of off and zone coverage as it stands...i just don't buy that we are making exceptions in our cb core...jamar taylor best in off coverages on boise st tape will davis same brent grimes sure isnt anything other than what we run ideal wise

jalen collins is as fluid on tape as you will find he just needs a lot of work on his technique etc...his long term upside is very high and athletes like that have the potential to develop into studs...his game looks like a packer like corner skill set to me...if not stud very solid long term once he learns his craft

At his size, and with his feet, I don't think he'll live up to a 1st round pick as a press CB in the NFL. Xavier Rhodes also has average feet, but he's a huge CB with explosive power, and he'll always be somewhat limited by his feet. Waynes will struggle in press against good WR's, and press is much more difficult when they put a 5-yard limit on the contact. I'd almost consider moving him to FS (don't know if he has the instincts to play it). He's super fast and a great athlete, but regardless of scheme, I don't like Waynes in the 1st.

I agree on Collins. I also prefer Kevin Johnson to Waynes. I think Johnson will be a very good CB for a long time. They have feet in the range of guys like Rodgers-Cromartie, Talib, and Vontae Davis. I can see some similarities between Collins and Rodgers-Cromartie. Johnson isn't as fast as Talib or Davis, but he's fast enough, and he's a much more consistent player than Davis was coming out. I have Johnson as a 1st round player.

i'm with you on this... i agree.... and i definitely agree with Collins!!!

i know with Waynes, I'm interested in seeing his pro day though more, improvements.... its not a definite pick at #14 with Waynes due to scheme and what you said above... but I still think he could fit in with us.

I'd like to see where Steven Nelson is being stated to be drafted though... i like him highly

I didn't like those 3-cone and 20-yard shuttle numbers. Shows poor COD and acceleration IMO. Collins put up some nice numbers but I don't like what I see on tape with him. I still think Ifo Ekpre-Olomu is our best fit. I also like Charles Gaines as a 3rd or 4th rounder to develop. We need two CBs in this draft IMO. Steven Nelson, Craig Mager, Ronald Darby and Kevin Johnson are also intriguing prospects.

I think we should go DT at #14...Malcolm Brown comes to mind...unless Kevin White, Amari Cooper or DeVante Parker are there at #14 and then take Ekpre-Olomu at #47 and draft a CB later as well in the 4th round or so.

We could also go with Scherff but I don't think he makes it to #14. There are a lot of variables here. If Tennessee really takes Mariota at #2 then the Jets would most likely take a WR like Cooper or White which means Parker will probably end up in Minnesota and all 3 WRs are gone. Let me think about this.

1. Tampa Bay - Jameis Winston
2. Tennessee - Marcus Mariota
3. Jacksonville - Leonard Williams
4. Oakland - Amari Cooper
5. Washington - Dante Fowler
6. Jets - Kevin White
7. Chicago - Danny Shelton
8. Atlanta - Vic Beasley
9. Giants - La'el Collins
10. St. Louis - Andrus Peat
11. Minnesota - DeVante Parker
12. Cleveland - DGB (they're that dumb...but seriously Cleveland needs a WR, a QB, TE, DL, ILB)
13. New Orleans - Trae Waynes
14. Miami - ???

i think if it fell like that shane ray would get serious consideration...that first step and burst off the edge of his is very high end...i can teach him counter moves etc when you got a guy that always has tackles worried about that first step and oversetting and opening up the redirect inside most direct route to the qb

shane ray has high end pass rush physical tools...i havent seen any of the dline/lb combine work yet but that's one explosive high level effort motor and tools guy hunting qbs

At his size, and with his feet, I don't think he'll live up to a 1st round pick as a press CB in the NFL. Xavier Rhodes also has average feet, but he's a huge CB with explosive power, and he'll always be somewhat limited by his feet. Waynes will struggle in press against good WR's, and press is much more difficult when they put a 5-yard limit on the contact. I'd almost consider moving him to FS (don't know if he has the instincts to play it). He's super fast and a great athlete, but regardless of scheme, I don't like Waynes in the 1st.

I agree on Collins. I also prefer Kevin Johnson to Waynes. I think Johnson will be a very good CB for a long time. They have feet in the range of guys like Rodgers-Cromartie, Talib, and Vontae Davis. I can see some similarities between Collins and Rodgers-Cromartie. Johnson isn't as fast as Talib or Davis, but he's fast enough, and he's a much more consistent player than Davis was coming out. I have Johnson as a 1st round player.

i like waynes overall more than i did xavier rhodes...rhodes was sean smith level soft on college tape at fsu...avoided piles wasnt all that willing to stick his nose in there and didnt use his hands or get physical...i think waynes a better prospect at the same point...i think the kids got good talent it's just not a fit for us at this time with coyle and grimes here especially schematically

i think if it fell like that shane ray would get serious consideration...that first step and burst off the edge of his is very high end...i can teach him counter moves etc when you got a guy that always has tackles worried about that first step and oversetting and opening up the redirect inside most direct route to the qb

shane ray has high end pass rush physical tools...i havent seen any of the dline/lb combine work yet but that's one explosive high level effort motor and tools guy hunting qbs

I do want to see him workout, but I agree that Ray would be difficult to pass up. Then there's Fisher, who is showing to have top-level feet. I know you want to get bigger at OG, but at this point, you can make a strong case that Fisher is a top-20 player, and he'd definitely be a fit in Lazor's system, coming from Oregon.

Athletically, Fisher stacks up pretty well to Taylor Lewan.

that's odd i thought waynes ate him up for the most part...will have to check that out again...funchess on that game tape is pillow soft...doesnt use his hands at all...

Tell me what you see,because I might have to watch again too than.

I know Funchess had 5 catches and I remember him easily Could of having 5 more if the ball got anywhere close to his hands.

And yeah, funchess is soft.

And those stupid legs, I hate them.

I do want to see him workout, but I agree that Ray would be difficult to pass up. Then there's Fisher, who is showing to have top-level feet. I know you want to get bigger at OG, but at this point, you can make a strong case that Fisher is a top-20 player, and he'd definitely be a fit in Lazor's system, coming from Oregon.

oh so ray didnt work out i guess??? well i think once he does that's climbing unless he's got skeletons...that kids got nfl pass rush tools...he gets off the ball and explodes and he hunts the qb 100 percent effort

fisher looks like a great athlete and i was impressed but that says tackle to me all the way not any guard kick inside potential and so i don't see it...i see for us more potential for erving of fsu given the versatility in the 2nd or ideally 3rd round...the ability to play the pivot is something after pouncey if this team doesnt bring back satele which i dont think we will given depth cannot play only one position and be active this team needs...if garner goes it's not in the building and i think garners done

fisher athletically had left tackle stuff but he may be a right tackle...i just don't see kick inside there...erving has pivot and guard potential and even some tackle abilities...i think miamis gonna covet versatility on the oline

Ray IMO is stuck in a situation where he isn't a DE and isn't a OLB.

He's just a pass rusher, with a high motor. Limited moves, no bend, and very stiff. Life could be very hard for him in the NFL IMO. If I was a coach and saw him on the field, I'd attack him every down.

He's just a pass rusher, with a high motor. Limited moves, no bend, and very stiff. Life could be very hard for him in the NFL IMO. If I was a coach and saw him on the field, I'd attack him every down.

cam wakes rather stiff...although he can bend...for sure...that ankle flexion is something you are born with

i think rays more a 43 de...but his rush abilities to me say 8 plus sacks per year in the making...even if thats what you get from him as a situational rusher only that's a big boon to a defense...but i think he has more potential to develop and play every down than that although there will be some give and take with the run game defense and some growing pains there

Is any one else interested in Byron Jones....I am still a little curious as to why he didn't run the 40.Maybe someone has a better insight to that Answer.The guy from what I heard was he was Phenominal in everything he did at the combine.

Wayne's should have beed Atleast 10lbs heavier.Not sure if his body build can handle it.What do you guys think of this?

Haven't been able to watch the DB's yet from the Combine.Hopefully tomorrow I can do this.

He's a lot like a Cam Wake. If he works hard, he should have similar success. Again, I always like confirmation through testing, but based on how he looks to me, and based on his reputation, I'm predicting that he'll test as a very explosive athlete. If he does, he has the motor and the tools to beat people. He's not agile. He's coiled up much like Wake.

Back
Top Bottom