Walter Football Draft Grades! Miami Dolphins (Last Year: 7-9) - Buy Tickets 2010 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Walter Football Draft Grades! Miami Dolphins (Last Year: 7-9) - Buy Tickets 2010

Carroll was thought to be a 1st or 2nd rounder until he broke his leg and missed his entire second season. He's 6'1 200 pounds 4.4 forty and has a 41 iinch vertical.For a 5th round pick he's a hell of a athlete and maybe a switch to saftey could be in order.

I just wonder if these people would say the same thing about the Jets picking a CB in rd. 1 when they have REvis and Cromartie.

Whatever dudes.

Carol is the only pick I'm upset about. Cam Thomas still on the board and we take a player who has never even had an interception? If we wanted him that bad, we probably could've gotten him in the 6th or 7th. There was so much talent we passed up on to take him.

Sure we probally could have drafted him in round 6, but then we wouldn't have gotten reshad jones. I don't blame them for going and getting a guy they like. Corner is definatly a need on this team and this guy has a ton of upside. Also, you don't know what other teams are thinking, Carrol may have gone 5 picks later if we hadn't taken him, you just don't know.

Seen where Carroll had a broken leg in high school too. Don't know if it is the same leg or not.

clear.gif
Miami Dolphins (Last Year: 7-9) - Buy Tickets

2010 NFL Draft Grades:

28. Jared Odrick, DE/DT, Penn State
This doesn't fill a need at all, but Jared Odrick is the best player available. Still, I don't know where he's going to fit in. What are the Dolphins going to do about their pass rush? What about nose tackle and the free safety position? (Update: The Dolphins apparently will use Randy Starks at nose, so this pick makes a lot more sense now.) (Pick Grade: B)

40. Koa Misi, DE/OLB, Utah
Bill Parcells takes a talented rush linebacker? Say it ain't so! Koa Misi fits the range and fills a huge need. Can't argue that. (Pick Grade: A)

73. John Jerry, G, Ole Miss
I'll never forget that Thursday night game against the Panthers when the Dolphins ran out of bodies on the offensive line. This team needed depth up front, and John Jerry fits the scheme. (Pick Grade: B)

119. A.J. Edds, ILB, Iowa
A Bill Parcells player if there ever was one, Bill Parcells is a tough linebacker who should play inside in the 3-4 (or SAM if they use some 4-3 looks). I had Edds as a third-round prospect, so this is good value. (Pick Grade: A)

145. Nolan Carroll, CB, Maryland
A reach, but not a big deal in the middle of Round 5. This doesn't fill much of a need either. (Pick Grade: C)

163. Reshad Jones, S, Georgia
Leave it to Bill Parcells to find a Round 2-3 prospect at a position of need in the fifth round. (Pick Grade: A)

212. Chris McCoy, DE/OLB, Middle Tennessee State
Bill Parcells drafted an athletic rush linebacker with size? Say it ain't so. (Pick Grade: B)

252. Austin Spitler, ILB, Ohio State
Another blue-collar linebacker for Bill Parcells. Can't say I'm surprised by this pick. (Pick Grade: B)

Key Undrafted Free Agents:
Travis Ivey, NT, Maryland

Did a 15 year old write this? With repeating comments on several players? :lol:

This made no sence. If we would have picked him in the early rounds I would have flipped out but we didnt. I am from MD and have someone close to the team that tells me that Carroll was the best athlete on UMD in the last 10 years but couldnt stay healthy. That includes Foxworth and Vernon Davis.

But I bet Parcells has the last word. Anyways I am sure it was a team effort to establish the draft board.

All three plus Nolan were likely involved in creating the Draft board!

All three were in the draft room during the draft.:hump:

I think Carroll could even be a D.. not really a guy that produced in college, and I think we have more of a chance at finding our nickel CB in FA.

Do you know all the reasons why there was no so called "production"? From what I've read, Carroll made a position change early in his college career. He also broke his leg two games into his senior year and kind of fell of the radar. I read that if he played his entire senior season he had a chance to be a first round pick. The guy's size and measurables are excellent. I think he has the skills to be a starter eventually.

Very excited at Carroll's potential. I don't see how a guy who might have been a 1st or 2nd RD pick had he not broken his leg is a reach in the 5th? And, he has the size to play FS. I'm not saying they'll ask him to switch positions or that they should, but he has the size. I love our draft; I really do.

Back
Top Bottom