wannsteddt quote | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wannsteddt quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

brech10

Keyser Soze
Reaction score
Wanny said this in the final week of last season:

“As we get into the free agency and as we get into the draft and we make some improvements and tweak some things around, the enthusiasm will be back. There’s no question about that.â€Â

.................................any comments?

Every team has enthusiasm surrounding them when the season is about to start. What the h*ll is the point of this thread to quote that Wannstedt comment??

Miami's season was over. Miami fans were un-enthused. Off-season goes on. Season ends near. The enthusiasm builds of excitement. This happens with every team.

Are you trying to point out that no matter how much fans hate Wannstedt, he'll be there when the fans build enthusiam??

I'm trying to reach for meaning here.

Honestly, and I hope I am wrong, I think the poster was trying to bash Wanny...

brech10 said:

“As we get into the free agency and as we get into the draft and we make some improvements and tweak some things around, the enthusiasm will be back. There’s no question about that.â€Â

sounds to me like he predicted the future:eek:

brech10 said:

That bastard manipulated us!!!! :fire: :fire: :fire:

The point, for those of you who seem to miss it, is that Wanny is delusional.

Wanny was trying to say that specific signings and hirings, etc., would breed optimism. Has it? Anybody out there just can't wait to see how "successful" this bunch will be? Anyone making rosy predictions?

I can't imagine why anyone would be optimistic about this team. Horrible head coach, all new Oline, proven defense (and what they've proven isn't a good thing) bad starting QB, spent next years second round pick on ANOTHER bad QB, traded for a WR with more issues than catches, RB who is inhaling dual purpose cigarettes.......
But some refuse to get caught up in the details. This the time for them to be optimistic, regardless--and they'll patiently wait on reality to smack them in rear-end.

MajorCanz said:

Wanny was trying to say that specific signings and hirings, etc., would breed optimism. Has it? Anybody out there just can't wait to see how "successful" this bunch will be? Anyone making rosy predictions?

I can't imagine why anyone would be optimistic about this team. Horrible head coach, all new Oline, proven defense (and what they've proven isn't a good thing) bad starting QB, spent next years second round pick on ANOTHER bad QB, traded for a WR with more issues than catches, RB who is inhaling dual purpose cigarettes.......
But some refuse to get caught up in the details. This the time for them to be optimistic, regardless--and they'll patiently wait on reality to smack them in rear-end.
I'll be optimistic irregardless of what you or anyone else has to say, and when the time comes that we are hoisting a trophy, I'll be able to say I stuck by them all the way.

I'll look at you, and people like you ,and think how weak you were and how you don't even deserve to celebrate alongside the rest of us.

:barf:pessimists

maybe a reporter was in his face. who knows? what he says now doesnt mean anything. what i take from it is guys like Ricky, Boston, chambers ect. arent really going to get going until later.
I really dont care what anyone thinks right now. This is May. duh.

MajorCanz said:

Hey, count me in on those who just can't wait to see how successful this bunch will be! There are issues with this team, and with many others in the league, but this is the time when even the fans of the (insert your view of the worst team in the league here) can believe they have a shot at the superbowl.

- Horrible head coach? Debated already, I'm in the camp that thinks there was no better option. But even if you hate the man, can't you find hope in the fact that the failure you believe is unavoidable will result in a new HC next season?
- Proven defense - absolutely. And the offseason and draft has seen a focus on big hitters who should be able to help bring back the tackles when we need them.
- Bad starting QB...a Jay and Wanny hater? See the failure comment, above. But Jay puts the rest of the team in a position to win, consistantly, even if you refuse to give him any credit personally.
- Another Bad QB? Time will tell, Mini-camp is NOT that time. But I would have guessed that you were in the ABF crowd...and when we got Feeley, there was no other good QB available. Unless you were one of those suggesting we put it all on drafting Rivers at #20? We needed another QB, Feeley was it.
- WR with issues? His BAD year last year had more catches than Chambers did. We're uniting him with the coach that he has the best relationship with, and it cost a 6th round and Fletcher, who would have been cut anyway. This is a bad thing in your book?
- Ricky: even if he loses his appeal (which remains to be seen) he's still playing this season. If this was a 4 game suspension, this would be much more significant.

I think part of what makes us fans is being excited to see the team suit up and play, see what happens every Sunday (or Monday, Saturday or Thursday). Win or lose, this is MY team, and I can't wait to see them take the field.

inFINSible said:
I'll be optimistic irregardless of what you or anyone else has to say, and when the time comes that we are hoisting a trophy, I'll be able to say I stuck by them all the way.

I'll look at you, and people like you ,and think how weak you were and how you don't even deserve to celebrate alongside the rest of us.

:barf:pessimists
Irregardless? IR regardless? Please now.

Despite your maladroit use of the english language, I'll entertain the content of your post.

God Bless you for being optimistic in the face of reality. When I was your age, I was optimistic too.

After the 93 season in which Dan ruptured his achilles, I was very much looking forward to the 94 season.

After we blew a 2 TD lead to SD, I was optimistic for 95. After that fiasco, I was optimistic for Jimmy.

After we fired Gary Stevens, I was optimistic for Kippy. Then I realized I wasn't being optimistic, I was being foolish. So, from the fourth game of the 1998 season (a loss to the NYJ) I haven't been optimistic. I have been skeptical.

And in addition to being skeptical, I've been proven right. My skeptimism is warranted. You may choose to label "warranted skeptism" as cynnical, pessimistic, or whatever. IR-regardless of what you call it, its right on target.

I told people who would listen last year the Fins wouldn't be in competition for the AFC Crown, and they weren't. Against playoff teams, 2-5. Against Tennessee, they were absolutely putrid. Houston? :roflmao: Are you kidding me?

But hey, don't let facts get in your way. Keep on waiting to hoist that trophy.

MajorCanz said:
I told people who would listen last year the Fins wouldn't be in competition for the AFC Crown, and they weren't.

Really? I was sure I saw the Fins playing in the AFC last year. Somehow I must have confused them with another team that finished 10-6.

They didn't win the AFC crown, but to say they didn't compete is just a little disingenuous.

I could be the fan of any team in the league and predict that they won't win the SB each year and be correct most of the time. Why do you get satisfaction out of that?

MajorCanz said:

I feel sorry for you, that you take the failed attempts at winning the SB so hard that you can't enjoy the attempts and remain optimistic. 42 wins in 4 years hasn't been enough, but it should promote some optimism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom