Wannstedt was on ESPN Radio last night...from his office at Phins HQ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt was on ESPN Radio last night...from his office at Phins HQ?

Fin-Loco

Grilling Chicken Little
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I was listening to Brando on ESPN RADIO yesterday around 5:30. Wannstedt was on ( I guess he's been on just about every football show over the last five days). He said he was in his office at the Phins camp. He said he was still "seeing this thing through from a distance." He also said "He likes to keep in touch with the coaches and he's glad he's moved the focus off of him and back onto the team where it belongs." Later in the interview he alluded to hoping the broadcast thing works out and that his wife and he had discussed that he didn't need to go find a job. Instead he needed to find a program he was passionate about.

Maybe I'm just being a conspiracy theorist but how do you quit/get fired and still keep an office and have input on your former team? I know Huizenga's a nice guy and probably told him to keep his office for the rest of the year to conduct personal business from. But a tiny part of me wonders if he's really gone at all? Maybe this was just a ploy to get our butts back in the seats.

My common sense tells me I'm wrong.....but who knows after this crazy year?

At his salary level, it's common to keep an office even when your fired/resigned.

I would expect it to last till the end of the season.

He most likely has a big office, after he resigned I'm sure he got away from camp and he also did TV this weekend, I'm sure he is getting his things together now to pack. I don't think he has any say now!

I'll pack his bags for him. With a shotgun. He's infested with the disease of losing. Treat him like a leper and usher him out with hazmat suits on! He should be handled like an ebola carrier!!!

BALLS DEEP said:
I'll pack his bags for him. With a shotgun. He's infested with the disease of losing. Treat him like a leper and usher him out with hazmat suits on! He should be handled like an ebola carrier!!!
CLASSIC :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

NorFlaFin said:
At his salary level, it's common to keep an office even when your fired/resigned.

I would expect it to last till the end of the season.

Huh? I've run my buisness for years and I've never heard of such a thing. What possible reason would you have for that? So Parcells can just wander into Jets Camp and go back to his office? Spurrier can go back to Redskins camp and use his office?

That's absurd!

That's true. Big Wigs that get fired often stay in their offices for a while or remain on as consultants. I believe it's a bit of both for Wanny. But I think he only offers advise when asked. I think it's a positive. If you got a new job wouldn't you want someone to ask questions to.

I'm wondering the same thing Balls -- this could all be a smoke and mirrors PR ploy. Funny that Spielman came out in the media saying he was assured his position only to have the brass say he wasn't. Looks like Huizenga told Spielman he'd be here but forgot to tell him to keep it on the down low to keep the season ticket holders happy.

Maybe his wife kicked him out after screwing too conservatively .... with her mind.

C'mon guys...Wayne has to keep Wanny around to hear what his STANDPOINT is! :lol:

Oh sure I'd want to be able to ask questions:

Hey Dave, what should we do on 3rd and 24? Run? Ok thanks Dave.

Hey Dave, Our QB keeps throwing int's and can't pass for cr@p meanwhile we spent what looks like the 33rd overall pick of next year on his backup what should we do? Stay with the same guy? Ok thanks Dave.

Hey Dave, our O-line sucks and we're just entering free agency what should we do? Sign other teams backups and don't court the good guys? OK thanks Dave?

Hey Dave. Yeah? You're a f@cking idiot!

Yeah I'd love to ask him questions!

well Im not to worryed about it.. if he still had some say...

Jerman would be in over hadnot this weekend
fiedler would be in over feeley this weekend
edwards would not have been cut

Bates would not have publicly said he was going to change the way practacies where going to be run.. I think wanny has his office just so he has a place to conduct his futuer plans from.. I bet he is gone once the season is over weather he has a new job or not.

I'm curious of one thing...With Bates as interim HC, who is the Defensive Coordinator now?

chirkware said:
I'm curious of one thing...With Bates as interim HC, who is the Defensive Coordinator now?

Bates.. he did not promote anyone..

LB coachw ill be making the calls but will be the LB coach still.

BALLS DEEP said:
Huh? I've run my buisness for years and I've never heard of such a thing. What possible reason would you have for that? So Parcells can just wander into Jets Camp and go back to his office? Spurrier can go back to Redskins camp and use his office?

That's absurd!

How many $2 million per year employees do you have? He has use of the facilities through the end of this season.

Back
Top Bottom