Wannstedt was on ESPN Radio last night...from his office at Phins HQ? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wannstedt was on ESPN Radio last night...from his office at Phins HQ?

FinfanInBuffalo said:
How many $2 million per year employees do you have? He has use of the facilities through the end of this season.

I'll play your little game pal! How many $2 million dollar employees do I have? I could have ten for all you know. You don't know me.

chirkware said:
C'mon guys...Wayne has to keep Wanny around to hear what his STANDPOINT is! :lol:
Getting Dave's "standpoint" on things gives us the "best chance to win". LOL

You are all forgetting one major point. Dave Wannstedt wasn't fired, he "resigned". Under that guise, it's made to look like the FO didn't want him out so they're making his transition out as comfortable as possible. Just one more rung added to the embarrassment ladder that this organization has built. Where does this ladder go? To 1-8. Welcome.

Darn you guys. How do you know Mr. Jones isn't keeping DW around for the same reason DW kept Fiedler around? Like .... maybe he's sharpening pencils.

BALLS DEEP said:
I'll play your little game pal! How many $2 million dollar employees do I have? I could have ten for all you know. You don't know me.

I'm not playing a game. Did I say I knew you? Didn't I ask a question?

Another poster pointed out that this practice is common for high salary executives in business. In my experience, that is true.

i think wanny was fired
wayne felt bad so told him he can keep his office thru the year to find another gig

its a crazy thing, i never made 2 mil and got canned but the place i work at is crazy
political

employee doesnt do a good job at where he is at so (since the director and VP like the guy) he is transfered to another position ( there have been guys who suck at 2 or 3 postitions). theres a guy in my office that grabbed a chics as@ and she sued. his uncle was helped bank the creation of the company and he now works on another floor.

if people with power like you they are gonna keep you

when we see wanny on the sidelines at gametime is when we should get really concerned

BALLS DEEP said:
Oh sure I'd want to be able to ask questions:

Hey Dave, what should we do on 3rd and 24? Run? Ok thanks Dave.

Hey Dave, Our QB keeps throwing int's and can't pass for cr@p meanwhile we spent what looks like the 33rd overall pick of next year on his backup what should we do? Stay with the same guy? Ok thanks Dave.

Hey Dave, our O-line sucks and we're just entering free agency what should we do? Sign other teams backups and don't court the good guys? OK thanks Dave?

Hey Dave. Yeah? You're a f@cking idiot!

Yeah I'd love to ask him questions!
You forgot one.........

Hey Dave? All of our scrub quarterbacks suck, should we consider drafting one? No? Just go get another scrub from another team that Jay can beat out? Ok thanks Dave.

Wayne honored his contract through next year.. so He'll be paid as the Phins Head Coach regardless of what career he pursues.

Isn't that nice ????!!!

FinsFanatic said:
theres a guy in my office that grabbed a chics as@ and she sued. his uncle was helped bank the creation of the company and he now works on another floor.

The chicks have better a**es on this floor anyway.

Nothing unusual, that is normal among high end executives, you get to use the facilities and secretarial support etc.
I know because I'm one of them.

BALLS DEEP said:
I was listening to Brando on ESPN RADIO yesterday around 5:30. Wannstedt was on ( I guess he's been on just about every football show over the last five days). He said he was in his office at the Phins camp. He said he was still "seeing this thing through from a distance." He also said "He likes to keep in touch with the coaches and he's glad he's moved the focus off of him and back onto the team where it belongs." Later in the interview he alluded to hoping the broadcast thing works out and that his wife and he had discussed that he didn't need to go find a job. Instead he needed to find a program he was passionate about.

Maybe I'm just being a conspiracy theorist but how do you quit/get fired and still keep an office and have input on your former team? I know Huizenga's a nice guy and probably told him to keep his office for the rest of the year to conduct personal business from. But a tiny part of me wonders if he's really gone at all? Maybe this was just a ploy to get our butts back in the seats.

My common sense tells me I'm wrong.....but who knows after this crazy year?
Maybe Wanny will be the new Pres. of the Phins and that is why they are allowing him to keep his office space.

Just a thought, scary one though.

Ex-Dolphins coach Dave Wannstedt, who resigned last week, was spotted having dinner Tuesday night with Huizenga at Jackson's Steakhouse on Las Olas Boulevard.

Wannstedt visited his office at team headquarters Tuesday and is expected to remain with the team in a consultant-type role through Super Bowl XXXIX

The plot thickens......

Back
Top Bottom