Wanted Pass Rushers | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wanted Pass Rushers

1. Brian Okrapo would be the obvious choice. However, 0% chance he's there when we pick the 1st.

2. Clint Sintim. This guy is just a beast, plain and simple. Great pass rusher, and great run stopper.

3. Brian Cushing. Like him about as much as I do Sintim

4. George Selvie. He's certainly a stud. However, I'm not so sure if he'd be the right choice for a 3-4.

5. Greg Hardy

6. Connor Barwin.

Of course, Karlos Dansby or Terrel Suggs would be my choice though :wink:

I'd target guys like Clint Sintim, Larry English, Philip Hunt, Corey Wootten (depending on his injury) Brandon Spikes (yes I think he can convert), Pannel Egboh, Conner Barwin.

Also, if something goes crazy with the Chargers, I know they've said before that they don't have any current intentions on re-signing Shawn Merriman after his contract is up after the 2009 season, but if he is indeed released, or made available via trade (meaning San Diego doesn't want to hold his cap # and is happy with Jyles Tucker) and his knee checks out...I have a hunch Miami will be in the mix. After all, Parcells wanted Merriman instead of Ware in the 2005 draft, and Jones and Ireland talked him out of it.

Just my own personal hunch, but it might rectify an old wrong in Parcell's book. He'd also be a welcome talent at SOLB. Again, just my own personal hunch, nothing more.
I wouldn't be opposed at all to Merriman. He's an outstanding Pass Rusher. I'd still rather have Dansby or Suggs though, because who knows if Merriman will be the same after his injury.

I wouldn't be opposed at all to Merriman. He's an outstanding Pass Rusher. I'd still rather have Dansby or Suggs though, because who knows if Merriman will be the same after his injury.

I like Suggs, but to my knowledge he's only ever played the WOLB spot in a 3-4...I could be wrong. If Joey Porter for some reason is gone, then by all means Suggs would be sweet.

Dansby is a very interesting name out there. I really like him, but I'd rather him take over Crowder's spot than Roth's. He's big, maybe not quite big enough, but is a heck of a player. His ability to call a D AND be able to blitz/drop in coverage; something Crowder is a bit of a liability in, would make him that much sweeter.

If we're able to land Dansby and draft Sintim, I think we've struck gold, or a combination of Brandon Spikes and Shawn Merriman. A guy can dream can't he?

i saw barwin vs va tech in the orange, he doesnt look bad...i remember the last few years play for cincy basketbal team...:lol:

He was a TE for the football team prior to this year. He played a little bit on offense for the Cats still in 08.

He was a TE for the football team prior to this year. He played a little bit on offense for the Cats still in 08.

how many sacks did he have this past yr and would u honestly want the phins to consider him as a 1st rd option

how many sacks did he have this past yr and would u honestly want the phins to consider him as a 1st rd option
Barwin had 11 sacks this past year (10 solo and 2 assisted). He also had 14.5 tackles for loss (13 solo and three assisted), seven passes defended, seven passes broken up, six QB hurries and three blocked kicks.

Don't be surprised if he test well (reportedly runs the 40 in 4.61 at 6'4" 250) that he could move up into the lower half of the first round although I doubt the Trifecta would select him there because of his lack of experience.

I wouldn't mind Hardy for our first round pick (Parcells has drafted a lot of linebackers throughout his career in the 1st round, and I think that's where we'll be going this year).. And then get either Alex Mack or Unger with our 2a pick. But if Terrence Cody drops in the 2nd round I would consider him too as we need a big strong NT (unless we get Gabe Watson or a Free agent NT to fill that spot).
Cody is returning for his senior season. He didn't like the way he played after his knee injury and also realizes he needs to get into better physical conditioning.

Brandon Lang, Troy

Could lightning strike twice for Parcells? In 2005, Parcells drafted a little known DE out of Troy whom has turned into one of the most dominate defensive players in the NFL. Brandon Lang is a 6'4" 250 lb DE who led Troy in sacks (11.5), tackles for lost (19) and QB hurries (eight). Lang finished in the Top 15 in the nation in sacks and tackles for lost.

Lang could probably be drafted with our first pick in the 2nd round.

it all starts with the NT get a fresh new NT in there and that eleviates everything else. but if we are going to get one my vote in cushings

I like Barwin as a player, but if he's our 1st round pick, something is wrong. Unless he truly dominates the Senior Bowl and combine, I have a hard time seeing him drafted any higher than the mid-2nd round.

Obviously the lack of experience playing on defense is my main concern, and while he might not be an NFL caliber DT, Terrill Byrd is a heck of a player as far as the Big East goes, and his play masks a lot of the deficiencies in Barwin's game against the run.

If you told me we could double-barrell and go Sintim then get Barwin in the 2nd, I'd be all for that; but I still view Barwin as a developmental type of guy, and I don't know if he can pack on much more to his frame. He seems a little frail to me if he was to play SOLB.

I like Suggs, but to my knowledge he's only ever played the WOLB spot in a 3-4...I could be wrong. If Joey Porter for some reason is gone, then by all means Suggs would be sweet.

Dansby is a very interesting name out there. I really like him, but I'd rather him take over Crowder's spot than Roth's. He's big, maybe not quite big enough, but is a heck of a player. His ability to call a D AND be able to blitz/drop in coverage; something Crowder is a bit of a liability in, would make him that much sweeter.

If we're able to land Dansby and draft Sintim, I think we've struck gold, or a combination of Brandon Spikes and Shawn Merriman. A guy can dream can't he?
Dansby/Sintim, Spikes/Merriman or Dansby, wow. Talk about impressive LB cores. Now imagine Bart Scott in the middle as well :up:

George Selvis is staying at USF for senior season...

We need to continue developing a legit 3-4 defense for years to come. If he's there we should draft BJ Raji NT and then with our 2nd round pick try for guys like Greg Hardy, Briand Cushing....

Either way any combination of NT, LB, CB/WR (bpa) on the first day would be great.

My Dream Scenario
1st - BJ Raji NT Boston College
2nd - Greg Hardy DE/OLB Ole Miss
2nd - Ramses Barden WR Cal Poly
3rd - Domonique Johnson CB Jackston St

The only two guys who could be available who I would select over Raji , would be Brandon Spikes ILB Florida, Clint Sintim DE/OLB Virginia...

Back
Top Bottom