Washington CB Sidney Jones suffered torn Achilles at pro day.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Washington CB Sidney Jones suffered torn Achilles at pro day....

Another post about cutting Maxwell. Best cover guy on the team, but let's cut him. Smh

Not necessarily saying I want him cut but his cap number is insane next season he will need to be cut or restructured. And he may have been the best cover corner on the team but he started the season playing so bad he got benched. Xavien Howard is probably our best corner was just hurt

one of our 3 5th rounders would be acceptable if he is still there

No way he gets drafted anywhere before the 5th round imo. Remember Ifo ekpre Olomu? He had a less severe injury and was a pretty equal prospect, plus his injury happened much earlier before the draft and he lasted till the end iirc. I wouldn't be upset if we drafted him late and shelved him till his ready, but I doubt he is the same. Wake is nowhere near the norm for an Achilles tear.

I'm not sure if the compensation would make sense but I would trade two of our 5th round picks to move up and grab him early 4th or however high that will get us. I don't see us using a pick we already have based on our needs.

Maybe we scratch the idea of drafting a player strictly to play slot and roll with what we have given the potential this kid bringing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had him falling to the 3rd before the injury. He quietly had a very rough Combine. But, he does a lot of things well - including forcing fumbles. Love the player, but I couldn't draft a 6'0 186lb CB, who posted a 7.0+ 3-cone, in the first two rounds. The last 1st RD CB with that profile was Trae Waynes, but Waynes has better speed and burst than Jones. I was very low on Waynes, and in the right scheme, I think Jones will be a better player. I'd consider using one of the 5th RD picks on him, but it would depend upon who else is available.

Love the player. Without the injury he was a possible top 15 player. What a sad way to get an injury. Those non-contact ones always surprise me when you have players go the entire season taking hits and not getting hurt.

I think with all the talent in this draft he drops further than usual for an injury like that. Think Pats in late R2 or another one of those playoff teams who can wait a little bit.

If he's still on the board in the 3rd round, pull a Jimmy Johnson and offer our 2nd rd pick in 2018 for a 2017 3rd.
Recall, JJ offered a future 1st rd pick to get an early 2nd rd pick, which he used to draft Patrick Surtain.

Awful. Just feel terrible for the kid.

But this is why you go ahead and turn the card in now if you're Cleveland with Myles Garrett's name on it, sign him to a contract and make sure he doesn't get anywhere near the field for aTm's pro day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awful. Just feel terrible for the kid.

But this is why you go ahead and turn the card in now if you're Cleveland with Myles Garrett's name on it, sign him to a contract and make sure he doesn't get anywhere near the field for aTm's pro day.

Great point

As great as he could be, we need to much to risk even a 3rd for a player that would/should be shelved for the following year. I always believe you can get start right away players in the 1st, 2nd, and in the right circumstances (Deep draft at positions, quality players falling) even the 3rd.

So I rather not take him even in the 3rd, but if he is still there in the 5th (Very doubtful), Miami does need to jump on him with their 1st 5th round pick, without thought if the injury will allow him eventually to play.

Back
Top Bottom