Watch out: Something just clicked for Miami Dolphins DE Charles Harris | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Watch out: Something just clicked for Miami Dolphins DE Charles Harris

How was Harris a need? He was never expected to start. Lamp would've been drafting for need. Or Foster. No, we took him because we thought he was the best value. Go figure. Then again, I believe it was Dallas that wanted Harris, too.

I know this was the thought process of our FO, but I have a hard time seeing how the best value in the first round was someone who will only play situational for us.

I know this was the thought process of our FO, but I have a hard time seeing how the best value in the first round was someone who will only play situational for us.

I agree with you, it's a shame that going BPA resulted in taking what appears to be a rather limited prospect.

I agree with you, it's a shame that going BPA resulted in taking what appears to be a rather limited prospect.

The shame would be thinking Harris was the BPA but there's no way any legit scouting staff would think that. Dolphins had a clear need at DE with a 35 year old Wake being our only legit pass rusher but we reached on a slow, consistently bad leverage player, horrible vs the run,very stiff, 250 pounds pass rusher with skinny legs.

you need to get out more...instinct becomes scheme

huh.jpg

i'm just saying life is fluid, so is football. when you continue to draft projects to fit a scheme, you end up looking like the Dolphins.

its like when you overdraft a Tannehill instead of a Kuechly or a James over a Cooks and on and on.

you can't pass on natural instinctive players for scheme. scheme don't mean jack with a sub par roster.

we all want Charles to earn his roster spot and playing time, but I've seen this movie before.

i'm just saying life is fluid, so is football. when you continue to draft projects to fit a scheme, you end up looking like the Dolphins.

its like when you overdraft a Tannehill instead of a Kuechly or a James over a Cooks and on and on.

you can't pass on natural instinctive players for scheme. scheme don't mean jack with a sub par roster.

we all want Charles to earn his roster spot and playing time, but I've seen this movie before.

Agree. A scheme should be versatile and flexible to fit player strengths. A player shouldn't be molded to fit your scheme.

Ever seen the Patriots roster yer after year after year? It's consistently filled with late round draft picks and other team's castoffs. Scheme and strategy is everything.

I'm not a fan of Harris either. I'm dumbfounded by the "logic" of selecting a specialized and situational player in the 1st rd.

Ever seen the Patriots roster yer after year after year? It's consistently filled with late round draft picks and other team's castoffs. Scheme and strategy is everything.

scheme theory always sounds good, especially when you employ the greatest QB you've ever seen. the coach is pretty good too.

newsflash Miami - you've never been a player away, stop drafting projects or at least wait until the 6th round.

scheme theory always sounds good, especially when you employ the greatest QB you've ever seen. the coach is pretty good too.

You've got the two mixed up. Belichick is the greatest ever and Brady is pretty good, too.

I just saw Taco's sack dance. I pray that he never sacks the QB again...ever.

Yeah, it's putrid. Though, I like it for one reason only; the NFL is now allowing team celebrations after years of banning/penalizing them.

Yeah, it's putrid. Though, I like it for one reason only; the NFL is now allowing team celebrations after years of banning/penalizing them.
Agree on the celebrations thing. It had gotten stupid w what constitutes "excessive" etc. I still remember in the '82 championship game w the score still 0-0, Mark Gastineau had a strip sack on woodley deep in our territory - only he didn't realize he had caused a fumble, and was in such a hurry to get up and do his patented sack dance that he didn't realize the ball was lying there on the ground right under his feet. I believe it was Ed Newman who alertly recovered for us and averted disaster. Let these guys celebrate - if they don't get the PAT off in time due to too much grab-assing after the score that's on them etc.

Back
Top Bottom