"We basically drafted Avatar" - Dion Jordan size comparison photos | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"We basically drafted Avatar" - Dion Jordan size comparison photos

No, it is praying mantis.

See Wikipedia:

"The English common name for any species in the order is "praying mantis",[2] because of the typical "prayer-like" posture with folded fore-limbs, although the eggcorn "preying mantis" is sometimes used in reference to their predatory habits."

So apparently you used what is called an "eggcorn".

Also from Wikipedia:

In linguistics, an eggcorn is an idiosyncratic substitution of a word or phrase for a word or words that sound similar or identical in the speaker's dialect (sometimes called oronyms). The new phrase introduces a meaning that is different from the original, but plausible in the same context, such as "old-timers' disease" for "Alzheimer's disease".

I think "Praying Mantis" is dumb, personally. I hope that one doesn't stick.

I actually kind of like "Avatar". Not the movie, but the nickname.

I think I could live with just "Mantis" instead of "Praying Mantis".

Jay Glazer called him an Avatar. And it's not a freaking Avatar, that was just the name of the movie. The big blue species are called Na'vi. Avatars are hindu thingies.

Let's hope Dion can Na'vi-gate his way to the QB.

Jay Glazer called him an Avatar. And it's not a freaking Avatar, that was just the name of the movie. The big blue species are called Na'vi. Avatars are hindu thingies.

Let's hope Dion can Na'vi-gate his way to the QB.

If by thingies you mean enlightened individuals that come maybe once an age to share their light and wisdom, then yeah, they're "hindu thingies".

You guys are freak hypocrites

I made the same Thread about Tannehill last year .....

I loved the pick it was a nice draft day suprise but until he makes some plays he's just plain old Dion Jordan. He's gotta earn a name, maybe drop Brady for a big loss at a critical point in the game and come up with some crazy dance or something. Not that I'm big on celebrations unless it's a big play in a big game or something.

Or just put the two together and call them DJ QWAKE. I'm sure there will be plenty of QB meetings between the two.

Back
Top Bottom