We didn't even play yet we fell 8 spots!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We didn't even play yet we fell 8 spots!!!!

Right or wrong, like it or not, Miami needs to prove they weren't a flash in the pan. A lot of the ranking criteria is consistency, which is why many here predict 4-6 wins. I'd put them closer to 16-18, but I understand the skepticism.
Absolutely, we went 10-6 last year on a soft schedule after being out in the wilderness for what seemed like an eternity. Fast forward to this year and factor in a million injuries especially the loss of our starting QB, a couple of aging stop gab vets and we are supposed to be surprised that they ranked us that low.....no way. Respect is earned not given and until we beat the elite teams consistently, expect to see more of the same.

giphy.gif

I think we can all agree that switching to a Power Rankings system for determining playoff spots was a terrible idear. They should really go back to actual win-loss records, division standings, etc.

So I did some searching around the web and nowhere could I find that the Dolphins were ranked 15th by ESPN. They were ranked 25 and moved up 2 so that's good. What's bad is that they ranked us 25th. They don't respect the Dolphins at all. But I don't really care about power rankings.. Let's just win some games and make ESPN respect us!
This I what I saw, as well.

I mean, I get it, they're tied for last place with tampa and cinci in points scored on the year, but on the other hand they're tied for first in points allowed with Tampa and balt so they could be all right.

As long as the Phins are number one in Lisa Ann's power pole we're fine

Didn't the NFL previously schedule bye weeks after a game played in London?
Yeah every team gets a bye after playing in London but the Dolphins requested that not be the case. They preferred a bye later in the season. Clearly that didn't end up happening. But they didn't want a bye right after London.

Rankings are cute an all but the only ones that matter are the one in the stats. Right now we are tied for 1st in rushing defense, passing defense, total defense, and scoring defense. But don't leave out our offense. They have been pretty good as well. Our offense has ZERO turnovers, no penalties and have yet to punt for the entire season. With that kind of execution we could go undefeated again....

Its absolutely ridiculous considering how BAD just about every team looked. I could agree if all the teams had played well, but if anything we should've junped to top 10 by default. Last weeks football was as ugly of a week as I've ever seen.

Back
Top Bottom