We have to make a move!!!!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have to make a move!!!!!!!

finregime

Who's Yo Daddy
Reaction score
For more than 1 reason we must trade for a up and coming RB and not wait for guys like Edge next year.

first reason is that even though Ricky provided predictability,he still allowed us to stay in close games due to his ability to get short yardage against stacked lines for first downs as well as take 30+ carries a game.

second reason is Minor is small and unproven in a system like Wannys who in case you don't remember, will flat out lose his J-O-B w/o a playoff run.All they were doing is bluffin' to see if Ricky would file his papers which is now done so no hope of Ricky being here this year.Do you think it's coincidence OGun isn't signed yet.Why would they sign their only trade bait to get a possible stud like Davenport or L.J. from KC plus possibly get our 2nd rounder back.If you think OGun is worth more than that than your crazy cause I believe we would suffer way more w/o a very good RB than with Bowens in thier for OGun.If we don't get him signed at all and still no option at RB then everybody will be complaining why didn't we move OGun for a RB.

We need a stud at RB to carry the load full time but I don't believe in our system Minor would even make half way through the season without injury but thats no knock on him and his ability, he just don't fit our scheme.Sammie Morris isn't a full time back either and RB by committee is sketchy to me but I just feel they have to make a move to improve our chances.Minor= ????,Morris= ????, Henry= ????

Just my thought! :evil:

they havent played one down in preseason yet and i don´t think we need a rb with next years RB free agent class

How much are you gonna invest in a older vet?
Edge will want the bank,Alexander will resign with Hawks,and Greene is wearing.
Who else?

There once was a guy in this same system that was consider small.......

He is now the NFL's all time rushing leader and possesses a first class ticket to the Hall of Fame. :D

Where is smith small?
Doesnt he weigh like 220-225lbs or something?
He's always been a pounder in his own right.

and who would you suggest that we trade for? I don't see too many options myself.

this has been beaten like a red-headed step child

or a dead horse, number one, there are plenty of posts dealing with minor's "minor" size issue, and I don't plan on going into them all, but take this into your brainpan, Clinton portis is "ONE" inch taller than minor, and wieghs, get this THE SAME WEIGHT!!!!

Enough already about how we should sell all of our draft picks for some running back and have a power running game.

A-train,Larry Johnson,Onterrio Smith just to name a few.

finregime said:
Where is smith small?
Doesnt he weigh like 220-225lbs or something?
He's always been a pounder in his own right.

I've seen him listed at 5'9" 210 lbs and he really doesn't look a whole lot more. Watch his ESPN story. Even he says they all thought he was too small.

In 1990, the Cowboys were coming off a 1-15 season, and ranked last in the NFL in rushing. Coach Jimmy Johnson traded up four spots from Dallas' 21st position to select Smith. In response to the doubts of Smith's speed, Johnson said, "There were all these people saying, 'He's too slow,' or 'He's too small.' All I know is that every time I saw a film of him, he was running 50, 60, 70, 80 yards for a touchdown. That looked pretty good to me."

http://espn.go.com/classic/biography/s/Smith_Emmitt.html

nough already about how we should sell all of our draft picks for some running back and have a power running game.

Who said draft picks?????
Portis cant stay healthy for a season either and he wouldn't make it past week 2 pounding it out in the AFC Beast so take that into your brainpan tiny.

I disagree completely, I think we keep Minor,Morris and Henry and let these guys have their shot, then if they dont get it done, do something in the offseason. Minor is just as big as a lot of other backs that have had great sucess, I forgot who it was, but someone posted the other day a list of RB's that had Great seasons and Minor was as big, and bigger than some of them. I dont remember all the names, but I think Portis of Denver and even Barry Sanders was a couple of them. Minor has some major quickness guys, give him a shot and see if we have a diamond in the rough here instaed of getting so tore up over Ricky and thinking we have no one.

How many times a game did Smith carry the ball?

I disagree completely, I think we keep Minor,Morris and Henry and let these guys have their shot, then if they dont get it done, do something in the offseason. Minor is just as big as a lot of other backs that have had great sucess, I forgot who it was, but someone posted the other day a list of RB's that had Great seasons and Minor was as big, and bigger than some of them. I dont remember all the names, but I think Portis of Denver and even Barry Sanders was a couple of them. Minor has some major quickness guys, give him a shot and see if we have a diamond in the rough here instaed of getting so tore up over Ricky and thinking we have no one.

I just don't want to take a chance at being once again one dimensional cause we'll be right back where we left off.

allrighty then. Let me educate you. (BTW if all you can come up with is grammer mistakes as a retort don't waste my time, because I obviously don't care)

Clinton Portis #26
Height: 5-11
Weight: 205

Travis Minor #28
Height: 5-10
Weight: 205

Warrick Dunn #28
Height: 5-9
Weight: 180

Tiki Barber #21
Height: 5-10
Weight: 200