We have to make a move!!!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We have to make a move!!!!!!!

Height and weight? What about it? None of these guys are pounders and our system is designed to pound the ball! How many of these guys carry the ball 30+ times a game?
None
Im not trying to be smart but it's about style and thats why I said it's no knock on Minor it's just he cant take the beating Ricky could.
I guess we'll see a committee.

you're just being...

Obtuse. I don't care if we don't have Ricky, I don't want ricky, or another runner like him. After thinking about it, I am glad he is gone because it makes (hopefully) the coaches use more of thier best weapons. IF a QB emerges that can get our TE's and WR's the ball, then Ricky or a power running back would only hinder what could be a beautiful offense to watch.

Screw Ricky and power backs, I want to see points on the board.

We have a chance to show what Miami can do with a passing game and a defense.

Where is Robert Edwards????

Did he quit ballin'?

ZOD said:
I've seen him listed at 5'9" 210 lbs and he really doesn't look a whole lot more. Watch his ESPN story. Even he says they all thought he was too small.

One of the reasons the Dolphins selected Sammie Smith over Emmitt Smith in that draft was the size differential.(Big mistake )

Emmitt had one of those intangible talents hard to put you finger on.Didnt have great size,speed or power.He would run into the line and everyone would think he didnt get much but when they measured it was usually 5-6 yrds.

Walter Payton ,Barry Sanders were not big men but they had god given talent.
Maybe Minor doesnt have that talent but size is not going to be the reason if he cant do it.

Number 2.

1 a : not pointed or acute : BLUNT b (1) of an angle : exceeding 90 degrees but less than 180 degrees (2) : having an obtuse angle <an obtuse triangle> -- see TRIANGLE illustration c of a leaf : rounded at the free end
2 a : lacking sharpness or quickness of sensibility or intellect : INSENSITIVE, STUPID b : difficult to comprehend : not clear or precise in thought or expression
synonym see DULL
- ob·tuse·ly adverb
- ob·tuse·ness noun

finregime said:
I just don't want to take a chance at being once again one dimensional cause we'll be right back where we left off.
I do know what your saying, and I agree, I dont want to be 1 dimensional either, but I just honestly think the guys we have can get it done. What worries me even more is us getting hijacked by some team out of future draft picks because thet think we are so needy. I honestly think this team can have a good year, but their are alot of question marks, Feeley or Fiedler (please God Feeley ! :lol: ), the O-line, and now RB. So I just think we may as well see if we dont have something in these guys we have before we do something drastic is all.

finregime said:
Height and weight? What about it? None of these guys are pounders and our system is designed to pound the ball! How many of these guys carry the ball 30+ times a game?

Ricky Williams-392
Jamal Lewis-387
Ahman Green-355
Deuce McAllister-351
Fred Taylor-345

There are your top five rush attempts from last year. One of them played in January. Is their something good about rushing 30+ times a game?

Wait! There is more!

2002 top five rush attempts

Ricky Williams-383
Ladanian Tomlinson-372
Eddie George-343
Travis Henry-325
Deuce McAllister-325

Well I'll be damned. I don't see a single player that played in January.

Wait! There is more!

2002 top five rush attempts

Ricky Williams-383
Ladanian Tomlinson-372
Eddie George-343
Travis Henry-325
Deuce McAllister-325

Well I'll be damned. I don't see a single player that played in January.

Tell Wanny that!!!
Im not blunt or I dont mean to be it's just if you run a system you have to have the right components for that system.I love Minor and what he does but Unless our philosophy changes we'll be screwed.

finregime said:
For more than 1 reason we must trade for a up and coming RB and not wait for guys like Edge next year.

first reason is that even though Ricky provided predictability,he still allowed us to stay in close games due to his ability to get short yardage against stacked lines for first downs as well as take 30+ carries a game.

second reason is Minor is small and unproven in a system like Wannys who in case you don't remember, will flat out lose his J-O-B w/o a playoff run.All they were doing is bluffin' to see if Ricky would file his papers which is now done so no hope of Ricky being here this year.Do you think it's coincidence OGun isn't signed yet.Why would they sign their only trade bait to get a possible stud like Davenport or L.J. from KC plus possibly get our 2nd rounder back.If you think OGun is worth more than that than your crazy cause I believe we would suffer way more w/o a very good RB than with Bowens in thier for OGun.If we don't get him signed at all and still no option at RB then everybody will be complaining why didn't we move OGun for a RB.

We need a stud at RB to carry the load full time but I don't believe in our system Minor would even make half way through the season without injury but thats no knock on him and his ability, he just don't fit our scheme.Sammie Morris isn't a full time back either and RB by committee is sketchy to me but I just feel they have to make a move to improve our chances.Minor= ????,Morris= ????, Henry= ????

Just my thought! :evil:

People like you make me giggle...

If they were to trade for a back like Davenport it would have to be for a 3rd rounder... I wouldn't do it for anything higher... They guy is good IMO, but I would stick with what we have. Travis will do just fine, he is good for 18 to 20 carries a game... He is not too small. I heard he was actually 210 now. Which is just right... We don't want him losing speed. =]

People like you make me giggle...

If they were to trade for a back like Davenport it would have to be for a 3rd rounder

Who said picks????
We can all debate but I don't think we have a very diverse or flexible coach to deal with a committee backfield, nor do I believe he knows how to use a more speedy,versatile back like Minor.
I also heard Morris is catching Minor on the depth chart but whatever happens,happens.
I feel if Feeley performs well to take the QB spot then we'll look more like the Seahawks system in there will be no real overpowering factor but just multiple factors and weapons!

finregime said:
A-train,Larry Johnson,Onterrio Smith just to name a few.

I agree with you. those are nice young backs with a promising future. If we get one of the whos to say travis minor is out he can still fight for his starting spot. if hes as good as they say he is he could still start so as long as we have a nice back up just incase. My personal pick is Larry Johnson :D

Back
Top Bottom