We just lost to a team that's trying to lose!!!!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We just lost to a team that's trying to lose!!!!!!

Offense, defense, special teams....all aspects of the team
When you can't score until the final 6 seconds of the game, I'd say offense takes the cake on the most problematic of the 3 phases.

The offense was so lackluster. It was shocking. No energy, no crispness, no urgency, no rhythm, no toughness. Completely underachieved.

Since 2004 the Dolphins have played a division team on the road 40 times.

Only once, besides today, have they been favored in one of those games by more than 3.5 points.

Until the Dolphins establish themselves as something far more special than they are, any team they play on the road, especially a division team, will be insulted by being underdogs to them in the way the Jets were today.

Last edited:
Going on gang green the Jets website, they compare Cutler to Fitz for them last year. The Jets made the playoffs with Bowles his first yr. Like Gase did with us and we know how the Jets played out last yr. The thing that hurts so much , we should be able to win the division this yr. New England is not the same. Maybe we hook Cutler after London

Going on gang green the Jets website, they compare Cutler to Fitz for them last year. The Jets made the playoffs with Bowles his first yr. Like Gase did with us and we know how the Jets played out last yr. The thing that hurts so much , we should be able to win the division this yr. New England is not the same. Maybe we hook Cutler after London

Cutler won't be pulled anytime. Gase and him are connected at the hip.

I'm not saying the jets coaches or player are trying to lose games but the FO did all they could to tank this season so they can get higher picks in the draft. That's what's so embarasing, losing to a team that was built to lose. I like Gase but the pattern here is the same as with Philbin as far as slow starts. Actually our defense started ok today but got tired of being on the field and our back 7 continues to be exposed in the passing game.

The O-line was horrible today but why should we expect them to be better than last year? It's pretty much the same minus Alberts. How is that supposed to be better?......oh I know, Pouncey's back. Guess what? He played like crap today too as did the rest of them.
Cutler played bad but part of the blame goes to the o-line too. He was trowing off his back foot because he was being pressured all day. However, he still missed guys when he did have time. Also, no running game to talk about. We won't blame Ajayi because there was no lanes to run so again, the o-line got beat all day.

I never give up on a coach or player based on just one game but there's reason to be concern with Gase and a lot of the players too. At this point we'll go into the off season looking for a Corner, LB and DE once again and on offense we'll be looking to upgrade the o-line and TE once again. Sounds familiar?

Ozzy rules!!
Yes you did. In your subject line.

Offense is pretty bad...nothing has changed since Marino, Duper and Clayton hung up their cleats

This team can barely score 2 touchdowns a game
Every year since Marino it’s a chore watching this team on offense. It’s a given Miami won’t score on their 1st possession. And 3rd down offense is still a issue for about the upteenth consecutive season. 1 40 point game in last 14 seasons.

Yes you did. In your subject line.
if you read the whole post you'll see that I said "the coaches and players are not trying to lose but the FO is". I know the players are not going to try to lose on purpose

Ozzy rules!!

We don't need to upgrade the Oline, we need an entire new Oline.
Run blocking was terrible. Pass blocking was good. Problem was Cutler was off ALL DAY LONG and when he was on the WRs dropped the passes.

Back
Top Bottom