we need a WR ASAP!!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

we need a WR ASAP!!!

To me it has nothing to do with the winning this season, more to the succsess of Ryan Tannehill. The WR position is a big question mark right now, yes we have some talent but talent does equal wins on the field. Miami should look around, not saying they will but our WRs are not reliable, IMO teams like Pit, Balt and teams with stellar Defenses would make our WRs disapear. Gotta have playmakers at WR, and we don't. Hartline is a good player, but he has been Injured all camp. Bess is also a solid WR but he doesn't strike fear in anybody. Naane is a big question mark, hasn't been great in his NFL career. Wallace and Pruitt looked good in Preseason game 1, but how would these guys do facing top notch Defenses, my money would be on them making relatively zero impact. Miami could greatly use a Gamer at WR, but who?

best thing miami can do is wait for guys to get cut stay away from the has beens and scrubs on the street and hope that something leaks out that can help you from someones cuts...

Stop panicking. There is potential in our current receivers. We do not need to pay a high trade cost for a receiver.

Wow...how many chances did we have to get a 1st round or free agent receiver? Do you need someone else's washed up spoils?you don't even know what your own guys can do with the starters. Stop banging the panic button over anything. There is a reason why we didn't break our neck to get a receiver,let's see what these guys can do.

Thank you, finally someone who understands all you are going to find in free agence at this point is backwash from other peoples rosters. Or you will have to give an arm and a leg to land a decent player, anyone remember when the front office said they would not give up draft pics or young players??? We are trying to build a team that will be around for a while not to hopefully make the playoffs then get destroyed. I like the direction we are going, and as long as we are entertaining to watch this year I will be a happy man

:ponder: I think at most we were hoping for a very average season from 85, so this cut is not a huge deal. Its unfortunate, but not a season ender for the team. Edwards is not that old, yet we passed on him. Why? He's a pretty good WR when he can catch. I think the answer is right in front of us. Our coaches believe we already have some receivers who can step up for us this year. Sure, if an above average WR falls off the tree before the trade deadline, and he doesn't have too much baggage, sign him. Otherwise, let's wait and see what we've got and watch closely what might be available to us in the draft for next year.

i think cutting chad johnson was a decisive thing to do and it made a statement throughout the team but this team needs a deep threat WR....like RIGHT NOW! i dont know why Philbin wants to build on the recievers we have now. greenbay's receievers were already stars like driver, jennings, and jones. we need an elite reciever. thats the only way that our rookies will grow. i hope we sign plaxico or hopefully mike wallace.

Well, its likely to assume our first rounder next year will be a WR.

. Why aren't the cowboys successful then..they're receiving core is very legit,from the receivers to tight ends.who was the 49ers threat beside Vernon last year. There is much more to being successful than "one" guy..unless they are very elite players. I would rather see the other guys on the roster get a chance anyway besides a maybe he's got it type of player. Look at the packers receivers.who did they pick besides Jennings in the 1st? You can develop receivers and coach Joe believes that. Give him a chance..although we only scored 7 points,didnt we move the ball? Stop busting up the panic button soon as anything happens

the only person that i see as a threat in terms of receiving is anthony fasano on this team. the 49ers had a very good running game but their defense is what carried them far. i hope we get either plaxico or antonio brown.

I don't think we do. Lets see what the wr's we have can do. It's not like we will be contending this year anyways. We can get Bowe next year and if we are a bad team then we get early picks which we need anyways.

what makes you think we cant contend this year.i dont see a thing that says we cant contend this year OL =GOOD or will be gelled by reg season starts RBs=GOOD DL-GOOD safties is a ? QB=Good ,well will be by the time the preseason is over, TEs =good and getting better,WR is the most need to get a deep threat and safety play is the most ? imo but ,WE CAN MAKE IT TO A PLAYOFF BERTH THIS YEAR. we cant do anything if we just give up and not try to sign a vet, the Pats are bringing in plax as we speak he will meet with them over the next couple days. but imo i dont see any sign that says we cant contend this year.

you mean alot of WRs with no talent other than bess. at least can we bring in greg caramillo back ?

especially with an easy schedule. i know we are going to beat the jets this season but this team needs to beat the pats and go to the playoffs. im going to the games and wear a Heat jersey.

imo i cant see us doing that unless we can get a deep threat WR ,a vet that knows what is going on.

Problem is there's nobody out there. Pittsburgh could trade Mike Wallace, but the Steelers keep insisting they won't. He's one of the best deep threats in the game so I doubt they deal him. We pretty much have to roll with the guys who are here. It's a great opportunity for some young guys to step up and who knows maybe a solid receiver or two will emerge.

What receiver do you recommend signing? They would need to trade for Mike Wallace and the Steelers say they won't trade him. Why sign Plaxico who has a criminal history when they just traded Marshall and cut Johnson for similar problems? Doesn't make sense. Who else is out there?

come on bro he accidently shot himself ,he didnt beat his women ,or he isnt makin a diva out of himself . nobody is perfect but he hasnt done anything on the field to hurt his teammates , i think we should give him a chance ,that is if the Pats dont sign him because he has a meeting with them over the next couple days.

Ireland is known to bring in guys at final roster cut time. Teams like Green Bay and New York (Giants) are typically deep. Even the Rams and Bucs are deep this year. It would be a surprise not to see a wr, ol, or db not added this year.

in the division, imore worried about the patriots especially if they sign plaxico. they already have brandon llyod in which we shouldve picked up and vishante schincoe

Back
Top Bottom