We sorta have a 4 team playoff..... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We sorta have a 4 team playoff.....

MikeO

Premium Member
Club Member
Reaction score
Ohio St-Mich winner will make the final game

And the USC-ND winner will probably make the final game (granted USC must also beat Cal).

But, those 2 winners will probably meet.

Rutgers only shot is for Cal to beat USC then for USC to beat ND. And have Florida lose. (which isn't impossible but unlikely). I think Florida shot themselves in the foot yesterday and they will get jumped by USC in the polls. Not to mention I can see Florida losing again.

if UF wins out, they deserve the #3 spot over USC easily. and we all know the pollsters have a short-term memory. on december 2nd, USC would beat UCLA and UF would beat Arkansas. they'll be far more impressed with the arkansas win. and i don't think USC wins out anyway..

UF Fin Kat said:
if UF wins out, they deserve the #3 spot over USC easily. and we all know the pollsters have a short-term memory. on december 2nd, USC would beat UCLA and UF would beat Arkansas. they'll be far more impressed with the arkansas win. and i don't think USC wins out anyway..

:yeahthat:

As of right now, I see USC and Florida very close. Up to this point Florida has the tougher schedule easily. However, if USC manages to beat both Cal and ND, then I think Florida would need a convincing win over Arkansas to beat them. I'll be the first to admit Florida is struggling right now, hopefully they pull it together.

Motion said:
:yeahthat:

As of right now, I see USC and Florida very close. Up to this point Florida has the tougher schedule easily. However, if USC manages to beat both Cal and ND, then I think Florida would need a convincing win over Arkansas to beat them. I'll be the first to admit Florida is struggling right now, hopefully they pull it together.

Style points. A playoff system will make this easier.

If USC ends the year beating Oregon, Cal, and ND........... their going over Florida

And if NOTRE DAME beats USC, their going over Florida.

Late in years ND gets the trampoline effect. Because the media and tv guys want ND there. So the poll people will vote them higher than they probably should be.

A Ohio St vs Notre Dame game for the NATIONAL TITLE would be the highest rated football game ever!!!

MikeO said:
If USC ends the year beating Oregon, Cal, and ND........... their going over Florida

I agree. They have a slightly tougher schedule then Florida. By year end the schedule is tougher then UF.

Amars said:
but it would also make a lot of games a lot less important. texas losing to kansas state wouldn't be that drastic, but it SHOULD.

UF Fin Kat said:
but it would also make a lot of games a lot less important. texas losing to kansas state wouldn't be that drastic, but it SHOULD.

Ya I understand that aspect too.

Amars said:

A playoff will never happen. Because then your going to start playing college football games in JANUARY.

What happens in January.....the other $$$$$$ sport in college, basketball, starts with CONFERENCE games. You think the NCAA or ESPN wants UNC-DUKE, Syracuse-UCONN, or Arizona-UCLA going up against a NCAA football playoff game???

And you can't play these college football playoff games on the weekend because NFL playoff games take place on the weekends in January.

A college playoff will never happen. Just root for a +1 game!!

UF Fin Kat said:

Thats my only complaint about a playoff. One of the greatest things about College Football is every single game counts big time.

Amars said:
I agree. They have a slightly tougher schedule then Florida. By year end the schedule is tougher then UF.

I really don't see it. I think they just hit their tough stretches at different times. USC finishes the year tough and Florida's was mid season.

Motion said:
Thats my only complaint about a playoff. One of the greatest things about College Football is every single game counts big time.

Yep.

It would make next weeks OHIO ST-Michigan game seem like an NFL Preseason game.

Neither team would want to show too much. Both teams would be in the playoff win or lose. Both teams would be resting starters and running a limited playbook

MikeO said:
Yep.

It would make next weeks OHIO ST-Michigan game seem like an NFL Preseason game.

Neither team would want to show too much. Both teams would be in the playoff win or lose. Both teams would be resting starters and running a limited playbook

Yeah, I don't wanna see that.

Back
Top Bottom