We sorta have a 4 team playoff..... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We sorta have a 4 team playoff.....

DonShula84 said:
lol a USC fan saying ND is the media darlings

If Florida wins out they will get the title over ND, and I cant really argue that they dont deserve it more.

Im not so sure about that. ND has the trampoline effect. Because TV networks and media people want them as its a better story all around, they vote them higher than they should at times. Because they are a national team, even the coaches vote them higher at times because EVERYONE knows what ND did the day before!

If ND wins out I could easily see them in the final game. And I hate ND, but fact is fact. ND has the trampoline effect!!! They leap people easily especially in November!!

MikeO said:
Im not so sure about that. ND has the trampoline effect. Because TV networks and media people want them as its a better story all around, they vote them higher than they should at times. Because they are a national team, even the coaches vote them higher at times because EVERYONE knows what ND did the day before!

If ND wins out I could easily see them in the final game. And I hate ND, but fact is fact. ND has the trampoline effect!!! They leap people easily especially in November!!

If Notre Dame would jump Florida after those schedules??? I would laugh my arse off!!!! Ofcourse I wouldnt mind beating ole "front-butt" down AGAIN:D

MikeO said:

I suppose I could see this happening. It's hard for me to justify deserving it other than a more national fan base and a game that would make more money. The way Florida has played the last couple weeks could put enough doubt into the minds of voters about them that they'd go for the money game and ND I suppose. Nothing would make me happier than pulling off an upset and beating OSU in a championship game though.

I think there are voters who rank ND higher than maybe they deserve, but I also think there are plenty who rank ND low because it's ND. If UF beats Arkansas convincingly in the SEC championship game I dont think an ND bounce will happen. All I really care about is beating Army and USC though, the BCS will sort itself out.

Static387 said:
:sidelol:

Na I want some new meat...

I'll take a rematch. You guys had almost double our total yards and it still took a 60 yard run with under 2 minutes left to put the game away. All the talk about how Ginn/Holmes torched our secondary, which they clearly did, it was a broken tackle on Pittman, who had been kept in check all day, that ended the game. Down by 7 with 1:47 left in the game isnt a beat down, but I dont know maybe I was at a different game than OSU fans.

Cuban Dave 9 said:
3 blocked kicks is hardly lucky...it's called good special teams
the extra point blocked is a disgrace. South Carolina also killed themselves with a penalty on the last drive of the game. I still do not think that they will win the title

Back
Top Bottom