we underestmated them | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

we underestmated them

Coach_Rob

Club Member
Reaction score
this is what happens when you do not take your opponent serious. we look like garbage across the board.

This is what happens when your serviceable IAQ gets replaced with a safety who stinks like rotten eggs dipped in vinegar. The play on the defense side is awful. Putting Maxwell and Alonso on the same side just screams "PASS IT HERE".

The offensive playcalling has been awful. We have cannon-arm QB guy, but we're running the Chad Pennington playbook. I don't understand it.

this is what happens when you do not take your opponent serious. we look like garbage across the board.

With respect, I don't buy this excuse. I think they took the Jets serious and prepared as hard as we would every week. We are just getting out coached and out played. The Jets simply want it more. It will be interesting to see how Gase and our team responds to the ass whooping we are taking today.

We underestimated the affects of hurricane, jet lag after 10 days on west coast, Timmons issue impacting locker room and players only being home 4 days so far this season.

We fans underestimated playing a winless rival in their stadium added to the Phins just being human.

We overestimated Gase.

Not one bit. Coming off a playoffs in first year is hard to live up to in second year for any coach. Yes good chunk of blame will go to him for this hot mess of a game(as it should), but it is a learning curve on how to come highly emotional win that should have been lost after your team was thrown into the abyss with any type of off the field happening(this case, hurricane and Timmons poofing) and continue to strive for more greatness. Yes everybody as a fan hoped we would pick up right where we left off with our win streak last season but a good chunk realized it was going to be uphill battle. Gase remains what he has been to me, a straight forward no BS, no excuses given to media, great offensive mind.. he needs to learn to hire people that can run their end of the ship, so he can focus on what he does best.. offense. He is still learning how to balance being a HEAD COACH over just being an Cord. When he starts putting together 3-4 losing streaks with no sign of change in playcalling, then we need to worry, until then have to remember tidbits like BB's first year coaching was AWFUL, not saying he is BB, just that it takes time for one to adjust to their role.

We underestimated the affects of hurricane, jet lag after 10 days on west coast, Timmons issue impacting locker room and players only being home 4 days so far this season.

We fans underestimated playing a winless rival in their stadium added to the Phins just being human.

Yea a trip to London should cure all that.

Back
Top Bottom