We won. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

We won.

Actually, I lied, that's not all. Our secondary really stepped up and played pretty well today. Props to Nolan Carroll.

I keep saying that the secondary is Coyle's skill set. He is going to improve every secondary player on this team. As long as the secondary players can continue to climb the training curve, we are going to have a very good defense for the second half of the season.

Triumph on the field.

What Miami did was apparently good enough for Cincy. But playing like they did against teams like New England and Houston will get them killed. Clay with drops and no time management awareness. Iffy call to send Carpenter out there for that long FG. The hesitant running by Reggie Bush. The poor special teams communication that led to the first turnover. Miami has a lot to clean up.

no interceptions. that is some cleanup.

We lost two games we should have won. Today we played good enough to win and did. We have to learn to put teams away and stop giving them a chance to win at the end. Today was progress though. Carpenter has to go.

Honestly though.. I blame our offensive line on Carpenter's miss today. The right side got blown apart, had he hooked it a tad bit to the right it would have been blocked, so he tried to line drive it.

I'm with the "Carroll should start over Marshall" camp. Pleasant surprise there. I think one thing with him is that he has good athleticism and has always been around the ball. But he seems to be getting better at keeping his balance and closing. Today it looked like he gained confidence. He's more explosive than Marshall.

And I think Sean Smith and Reshad Jones have Pro Bowl potential.

I think we're physically better than most teams. It does suck that 52 players have made enough plays for us to be 4-1 but one hasn't and here we sit. I think our run game will improve. Reggie still showed enough burst on that TD run and Daniel Thomas didn't fumble and showed some good power.
But can you imagine Tannebeast if and when some other people start getting open? If Gaffney can start making some plays. I enjoyed his hi-light reels on YouTube. He's pretty polished. It remains to be seen if the athleticism is still there.

Back
Top Bottom