Wednesday May 5th QB Camp Report | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Wednesday May 5th QB Camp Report

Finsflurry

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
Hey guys just got back, I went from 10-11:45, it was a pretty solid practice. One thing I noticed Wannstedt isn't doing much coaching, the position coaches pretty much run the whole practice. They started with the same basic drills as yesterday, sprints streches etc. The only absentee was Bowens, I don't know why but probably due to his conditioning....I'm getting slightly worried, he gained a ton of weight, and not good weight. Anyways, the only real highlight was the QBs doin some slants, quick outs, and seams which both performed fairly well, although I will say Feeleys out is much better than Fiedler's, just gets there quicker and more accurately. He also hit a couple nice deep throws to Tolver Newson and Minnis. Anyways, they then did a little scrimmage which was the highlight of the day.

1) Fielder nice pass to Thompson covered by Madison
2) Fiedler overthrow to Thompson in double coverage
3) Fiedler overthrow to Chambers
4) Fielder incomplete dropped by John Jones
5) Fiedler incomplete through the hands of Morris
6) Fiedler short swing pass to Minor
7) Feeley short swing pass to Minor
8) Feeley nice bullet to Lee on quick seam
9) Feeley fumbles handing off to Ricky (looked like Lucas vs NYJ)
10) Feeley gets sacked
11) Run gets stuffed
12) Fiedler back in, throws ugly pass in end zone that was too high for Chambers, but tipped and caught for TD by McMichael
13) Fiedler with the best throw of his day, scrambles from pocket and hit Minnis in the end zone on the run
14) Feeley incomplete to Lee
15) Feeley short out to Tolver
16) Feeley gets batted down by d-lineman (think it was Williams)

I know there's no pads, but the o-line got absolutely dominated today...the defense was in the backfield within seconds on every single play. I do have a good feeling about RG though, either Whitley,German,or St Clair are going to emerge as a solid starter for us, and we'll have quality depth. I'm betting on Whitley right now he's earning the most praise and has the most potential.
Well, that's about it for now feel free to ask questions, I'll be back around 5 pm.

Thanks for the updates!! I love to hear Wanny doing nothing but cashing his check. If and need sto be here another year I would certainly prefer he sits down and shuts up. Perhaps he could spend some time grooming the mustache and or loosing the terrible haircut. Perhaps he should consult JJ :lol: . Anyway, it sounds like the o line had a tough day. Do you see this as a great D line or another iffy o line? Who do you see emerging as our stating qb?

I am really looking forward to the season!

Thanks Finsflurry

I was not there, but DB has a bruised right shin and missed the first day of QB camp, according to an article on todays Miami Herald. DW held him out of practicing with the team, even though he was on the field. Don't know if he practice today or was again held out....

Thanks for the update Finsflurry......I`m still kicking myself for not finding this site sooner. I love it!

I don't know what us out of towners would do with out you guys and your excellent reports!!! Thanks

Disnardo said:
Thanks Finsflurry

I was not there, but DB has a bruised right shin and missed the first day of QB camp, according to an article on todays Miami Herald. .

Aren't you guys worried? Very mnimal contact and he's already injured?

Not to worry...

Justasportsfan said:

The coaches are hyper cautious about having the players practice with injuries in these QB camps...

Can Feeley handle the rush?

Finsflurry:

Your notes made it seem as if Feeley was completely ineffective moving the team during the scrimmage...

Is he waiting too long to throw?

Is he able to scramble to avoid the pass rush?

Feeley had problems handling the rush when the superb Phili OL broke down.

:confused:

Finsflurry said:
Hey guys just got back, I went from 10-11:45, it was a pretty solid practice. One thing I noticed Wannstedt isn't doing much coaching, the position coaches pretty much run the whole practice. They started with the same basic drills as yesterday, sprints streches etc. The only absentee was Bowens, I don't know why but probably due to his conditioning....I'm getting slightly worried, he gained a ton of weight, and not good weight. Anyways, the only real highlight was the QBs doin some slants, quick outs, and seams which both performed fairly well, although I will say Feeleys out is much better than Fiedler's, just gets there quicker and more accurately. He also hit a couple nice deep throws to Tolver Newson and Minnis. Anyways, they then did a little scrimmage which was the highlight of the day.

1) Fielder nice pass to Thompson covered by Madison
2) Fiedler overthrow to Thompson in double coverage
3) Fiedler overthrow to Chambers
4) Fielder incomplete dropped by John Jones
5) Fiedler incomplete through the hands of Morris
6) Fiedler short swing pass to Minor
7) Feeley short swing pass to Minor
8) Feeley nice bullet to Lee on quick seam
9) Feeley fumbles handing off to Ricky (looked like Lucas vs NYJ)
10) Feeley gets sacked
11) Run gets stuffed
12) Fiedler back in, throws ugly pass in end zone that was too high for Chambers, but tipped and caught for TD by McMichael
13) Fiedler with the best throw of his day, scrambles from pocket and hit Minnis in the end zone on the run
14) Feeley incomplete to Lee
15) Feeley short out to Tolver
16) Feeley gets batted down by d-lineman (think it was Williams)

I know there's no pads, but the o-line got absolutely dominated today...the defense was in the backfield within seconds on every single play. I do have a good feeling about RG though, either Whitley,German,or St Clair are going to emerge as a solid starter for us, and we'll have quality depth. I'm betting on Whitley right now he's earning the most praise and has the most potential.
Well, that's about it for now feel free to ask questions, I'll be back around 5 pm.

Justasportsfan said:

Not worried at all, for what we got him for, a 6th round draft pick. If he doesnt turn out the wya we anticipated someone will have to step up I hope its tolver

Back
Top Bottom