Weis questions why Notre Dame is slipping in polls | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Weis questions why Notre Dame is slipping in polls

DonShula84

Sporty Don
Reaction score
Figured this might spark some debate. Of course I agree with him, people say ND gets a pass and the media loves them, yet they drop in the polls every week, even when they dont play. The reasons to drop ND dont hold up when they are passed by teams who are having similar weeks to us

"One of the teams [Tennessee] that jumped us had the same game that we had. They're down, they're playing at home and they win by a field goal," Weis said Tuesday. "Another team [Florida] that jumped us wasn't even playing. They were home eating cheeseburgers and they end up jumping us. That befuddles me."

I dont think it really matters too much though. ND wont move up by beating the next 4 teams on their schedule because they should be easy games. If they beat USC though there is no way they dont finish top 8 (assuming they win the next 4) and clinch a BCS game. Like Weis said though

Should the Irish be ranked in the top 10?
"I think we'll know that in about five weeks," he said. "We might be a top-five team in five weeks. But ask me that at the end of November. Because right now I couldn't answer that question."

It all comes down to those Trojan *******s!

"Another team [Florida] that jumped us wasn't even playing. They were home eating cheeseburgers and they end up jumping us. That befuddles me."

Wait, when was ND ranked ahead of Florida? I feel like I missed something. What poll is he referring to?

Motion said:
Ah I see. WTF was Tennessee ranked ahead of us for in the first place? We beat them in their house.

Can't wait to see ND vs. USC

Yep, hopefully it will be as good as last years game, just with a better ending :D

I dont really have a problem with UF being ranked ahead of ND though, it's hard to argue they arent a better team at this point.

Yeah its pretty bad though when we have Georgia and FSU left on the schedule but the "experts" are saying South Carolina is our toughest remaining game. :lol:

I'm really hoping for a rematch with Auburn in the SEC Championship Game.

That would annoy me as well, Don. But, truth be told, I don't ND should have ever been ranked about eiterh UF or UT. UT has been much more consistent and convincing this year. Looking at it as a one week snapshot, it doesn't make sense, though.

I do find it pretty comical when I hear anyone at ND complaining about polls. Historically, they've always been media darlings. When I heard Weiss' comments, I thought about a time a long time Yankee fan tried to convince me that Yankee fans had it very hard for years. That still cracks me up.

I can't wait for the ND at USC. My buddy is big time ND fan, and has a conference on campus this weekend. He's pissed because they're on the road :lol:

ND slips yet michigan jumps past USC despite their only win over a quality team being ND and a mid of he pack PAC 10 team nearly beat ND on the road. This is why CFB is a joke, there needs to be a playoff system.

nyjunc said:
ND slips yet michigan jumps past USC despite their only win over a quality team being ND and a mid of he pack PAC 10 team nearly beat ND on the road. This is why CFB is a joke, there needs to be a playoff system.

Agreed, the systrem is a lump of ****. There has to be a playoff system.

Yep, hopefully it will be as good as last years game, just with a better ending :D

I will:sidelol: if someone gets shoved into the endzone.

I just heard about this on the ESPN. I yelled obsenities at Weis through the TV screen. I don't think he heard me though. I did eat a cheeseburger last weekend, and it was good. He looks like he eats a lot of them.

So after venting, I have to agree with finswin that ND is the media darling so he shouldn't complain.

The polls are meaningless right now....If ND wins out they will be a in a BCS bowl.....nothing to cry about Charlie...:rolleyes:

Cuban Dave 9 said:
I just heard about this on the ESPN. I yelled obsenities at Weis through the TV screen. I don't think he heard me though. I did eat a cheeseburger last weekend, and it was good. He looks like he eats a lot of them.

So after venting, I have to agree with finswin that ND is the media darling so he shouldn't complain.

ND is the media darling, yet the media votes to drop them in the polls every week? Those media people have a funny way of showing they love us.

If ND barely beats teams, or has to have a big comeback to win I think they naturally are going to have some people not vote for them. I don't think Weis should be bringing up cheeseburgers when he looks like Blimpy from them Popeye cartoons. :lol:

Am I the only one confused as to how Front-Butt knew Florida were eating Cheeseburgers? :confused:

Y'know, Chuck, not everyone uses their bye week to supplement themselves with grease-laden small goods. :wink:

DonShula84 said:
ND is the media darling, yet the media votes to drop them in the polls every week? Those media people have a funny way of showing they love us.
To be honest, I think ND's ranking is still tied tightly to their preseason ranking.

Put their season in perspective:
*Barely escaped GT (away) OK, no problem... road game against a quality opponent

* Boat raced Penn State (home) cool GT was just an early season hicup

* Embarrassed by Michigan (home) It doesn't get worse than getting blown out at home; it doesn't matter who the opponent is. devastating.

* Miracle win against Michigan State (away) Horrible rebound. MSU always gives ND trouble, but this was ND's chance to make a statement after an embarrassing loss. This is almost as bad as the Michigan loss.

* Purdue and Stanford wins were convincing enough, but these are no win games. ND couldn't and didn't prove anything... only could have lost voter confidence.

* UCLA (home) This was supposed to be ugly. Quinn was supposed to pad his Heisman numbers, and ND could then roll though the academies on their way to USC. UCLA's defense was horrible coming into South Bend.

I actually like ND. Catholic boy here, I'd burn in hell if I didn't at least feign ND support. I'm definitely not a hater.
BUT, ND had no business ever being ranked above UT or UF after the Michigan loss. The only reason ND was ever ranked about those schools was because of the media and nation's love for ND.

Back
Top Bottom