Weis questions why Notre Dame is slipping in polls | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Weis questions why Notre Dame is slipping in polls

* UCLA (home) This was supposed to be ugly. Quinn was supposed to pad his Heisman numbers, and ND could then roll though the academies on their way to USC. UCLA's defense was horrible coming into South Bend.

That simply isnt true. UCLA has the 10th ranked total defense in the country and the 11th ranked rushing defense and they're in the top 15 in sacks. They have been anything but horrible this season and are the only reason why that team is winning or in games at all.

I agree we were ranked too high at the beginning of the season. After our Michigan loss though both UF and UT were ranked ahead of us. It was after the UF loss that Florida fell down behind us. Also after Florida lost, they were ranked ahead of ND in the AP poll and the BCS but I dont have a problem with UF or really UT being ahead of ND in the polls. I do have a problem with Clemson and maybe Tenn though.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2006/Internet/ranking_summary/2006000000110.HTML

DonShula84 said:
That simply isnt true. UCLA has the 10th ranked total defense in the country and the 11th ranked rushing defense and they're in the top 15 in sacks. They have been anything but horrible this season and are the only reason why that team is winning or in games at all.

I agree we were ranked too high at the beginning of the season. After our Michigan loss though both UF and UT were ranked ahead of us. It was after the UF loss that Florida fell down behind us. Also after Florida lost, they were ranked ahead of ND in the AP poll and the BCS but I dont have a problem with UF or really UT being ahead of ND in the polls. I do have a problem with Clemson and maybe Tenn though.

http://web1.ncaa.org/d1mfb/2006/Internet/ranking_summary/2006000000110.HTML
Rankings of offense and defense in college are largely reliant on the each respective team's schedule. Have you seen UCLA's schedule thus far? The ONLY decent team they played going into ND was Oregon. Not other team they've played is even over .500, forget even being ranked. Nearly every college football "expert" had little respect for UCLA's defense. You may be right, and UCLA's D might actually be good, but that's not the prevailing thought amongst the analysts that I've heard.

I'm torn on the Clemson thing. Clemson lost last minute on the road to a pretty good team. B.C. has played very well this year. UT's a toss up, but I think UT's about as dangerous a team as there is right now.

What a vag Charlie Weis is...he says wait til we get through Army, Navy, UNC, and the AFA before deciding whether we're a top team, while other teams go through their conference schedules. Real classy Charlie, but no thanks, I'll judge Notre Dame by how they played at home against Michigan and UCLA (and their backup QB). They don't deserve it again this year, but somehow Notre Dame will end up in the BCS, and they won't have to share a penny.

:boohoo:

...let's all give a couple sniffles for the vastly overrated 2006 Irish.

DonShula84 said:
ND is the media darling, yet the media votes to drop them in the polls every week? Those media people have a funny way of showing they love us.
Wasn't it the Coaches poll that he was talking about?

I know this is not a BCS debate but can I ask a question...

How the HELL is Cal ranked ahead of the Vols? The Vols KILLED Cal! I don't care what the "computers" say. When 2 teams have the same damn record you can not rank the loser of a head to head mach up ahead of the team that beat them by 20 points.

The BCS is a ****ing joke.

There is my yearly BCS rant....LOL!

This week in the AP Notre Dame was jumped by Cal. A team that didnt play and struggled last week against Washington.:rolleyes: Looking forward to Arkansas passing us next week

DonShula84 said:
This week in the AP Notre Dame was jumped by Cal. A team that didnt play and struggled last week against Washington.:rolleyes: Looking forward to Arkansas passing us next week

I was just hopin' Navy would get you....:mad:

I dont understand how Auburn struggles, Tennessee struggles, Texas etc and they move up. ND wins and moves down.

Take that NFL job next year when offered Charlie and don't put up with the POLLS.

If not, then just win and leave everything out of the hands of the pollsters!

Back
Top Bottom