Well....at least Ted Ginn didn't benefit... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well....at least Ted Ginn didn't benefit...

I think one of the commentators in the Superbowl summed Ginn up perfectly.

"He makes some big catches, but never seems to make the important ones"
Yep.

Lots like Chris Chambers

Hits you right in the hands, and you just drop it.

But Ginn isn't half the WR Chambers was.

You don't need every WR or DB for that matter (Deion Sanders, anyone?) to be physical.

IF you have the physical players, great. But without real talent that can torch any DB lined up on the other side, well... I don't need to tell a football mind what happens.

Ginn is a talent. big time. Football speed kills.

And that INT that people are blaming on Ginn.

C'mon people. It's like you don't even know details of football. All you hear is an announcer. Probably that never played football. Or is simply a brain dead analyst. then you have your "Truth."

Lol.

LD
p.s. Cam Newton put on a passing display worthy of the Cam Newton most of us saw play last year. That's all I'll say about that. Cam is a perfect illustration of a "Bully QB" that can throw to open WRs and make chunk plays with ease if not pressured. And, to an extent, the Carolina Panthers as a team are a "Bully" team that can win easily by playing downhill.

But facing a real D, where throws have to be to tight windows, with pressure? Sad performance.

Cam is used to seeing his TE, WRs and backs running in space. It freaked him out totally not to see that.

Amazing to watch really. Carolina had ten times the offensive firepower that Denver had. Yet looked like a college team.
Ted Ginn is speed, and nothing more.

You havent' watched any football if you think differently.

Have you seen him sprint for the sideline. He's so scared of being hit it's laughable.

You don't need every WR or DB for that matter (Deion Sanders, anyone?) to be physical.

IF you have the physical players, great. But without real talent that can torch any DB lined up on the other side, well... I don't need to tell a football mind what happens.

Ginn is a talent. big time. Football speed kills.

And that INT that people are blaming on Ginn.

C'mon people. It's like you don't even know details of football. All you hear is an announcer. Probably that never played football. Or is simply a brain dead analyst. then you have your "Truth."

Lol.

LD
p.s. Cam Newton put on a passing display worthy of the Cam Newton most of us saw play last year. That's all I'll say about that. Cam is a perfect illustration of a "Bully QB" that can throw to open WRs and make chunk plays with ease if not pressured. And, to an extent, the Carolina Panthers as a team are a "Bully" team that can win easily by playing downhill.

But facing a real D, where throws have to be to tight windows, with pressure? Sad performance.

Cam is used to seeing his TE, WRs and backs running in space. It freaked him out totally not to see that.

Amazing to watch really. Carolina had ten times the offensive firepower that Denver had. Yet looked like a college team.

Like most fans of the NFL, I agree Cam’s gamesmanship crosses the lines at times, but at least up until the Superbowl he had backed it up.

However, I thought the comment on him only being able to throw to open WRs was harsh. After a shaky start with his throws in the Superbowl, I actually felt sorry for him at times when making some tight throws & his receivers continually dropping them at key points. They were perfectly catchable balls, considering the amount of pressure he was getting from the excellent Ware & Miller & as the commentators correctly pointed out it seemed like the Panther’s WRs just weren’t up to it or more so unused to the Denver CBs contesting for the balls, which hadn’t occurred when playing previous defences. Coupled with some awful blocking & very strange conservative play calling on a majority of 1st downs by Mike Shula, it was a bad day at the office all round by the Panthers entire offense, from coaches to players. Implying Cam was the main cause of this is irrational. I’m sure plenty of Dolphin fans would give their left nut to have a talented QB as Cam down in Miami.

Apologies, as I’ve realised I’ve digressed from Ted Ginn Jr & his family.

....and wind up with a Super Bowl ring after stinking it up for us the years he was here.

Watching the game it was readily apparent that Ginn still has a real "Nose for the sideline" and avoids contact whenever possible, running out of bounds instead of fighting for extra yards or laying out for the ball.

Still wouldn't take him back even if he was available.

Ted Ginn was never more than an Az-zahir Hakim-type WR in my book. speedy, complementary WR with some return skills. as many have already said, not his fault we drafted him ninth overall.

Back
Top Bottom