Well... before the draft it's looking like | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well... before the draft it's looking like

Nasty Mcgahee

Starter
Reaction score
The Pats and Bills will be on top of the AFCE... The Jets and Phins will be on the bottom again.

We better hope for a great draft because, yes we got younger, but we haven't signed many big name players. reminiscent of what the Bills did when Levy was the GM.

it's not always the big names that make a big impact and we are rebuilding we don't need to get big names yet we need to continue to fill holes and get younger, and with all the capspace we had going in to fa i think the fins are doing a great job and are on the right path to more victories, and hopefully they have a great draft

Chris long with the first pick

The Pats and Bills will be on top of the AFCE... The Jets and Phins will be on the bottom again.

We better hope for a great draft because, yes we got younger, but we haven't signed many big name players. reminiscent of what the Bills did when Levy was the GM.

not sure why you assume that the Bills are a given to be better than the Jets or Dolphins.

without looking, they have added Stroud and K.Mitchell only right? They already had a good defense, but I don't think that Stroud coming off an injury or Mitchell are going to push them into the elite category.

ok...I did look and they also added Spencer Johnson...doesn't change my previous opinion

on offense they invested heavily last year in O-Line and drafted M.Lynch, and their running game wasn't that good. they ranked in the bottom half of the league. Also, T.Edwards exceeded expectations as a rookie, but that hardly means that they are guaranteed good or even average QB play this year.

I am by no means saying that I think that either the Jets or the Dolphins are going to be better....just that it is far from certain that the Bills are the second best team in the division.

I dont see why the Jets will be so bad. I can see all three rivals at .500 or better next year.

not sure why you assume that the Bills are a given to be better than the Jets or Dolphins.

without looking, they have added Stroud and K.Mitchell only right? They already had a good defense, but I don't think that Stroud coming off an injury or Mitchell are going to push them into the elite category.

ok...I did look and they also added Spencer Johnson...doesn't change my previous opinion

on offense they invested heavily last year in O-Line and drafted M.Lynch, and their running game wasn't that good. they ranked in the bottom half of the league. Also, T.Edwards exceeded expectations as a rookie, but that hardly means that they are guaranteed good or even average QB play this year.

I am by no means saying that I think that either the Jets or the Dolphins are going to be better....just that it is far from certain that the Bills are the second best team in the division.
The running game wasn't that good? Lynch only played 13 games and ended 11th in the league and had a 4.0 YPC. It's the passing offense that lacked and the Bills are looking to add a tall WR with Bryant Johnson. If they don't sign him they are certain to get Kelly or Sweed.

1 LaDainian Tomlinson SD RB 315 19.7 1,474 4.7 92.1 15 49 75 23.8 13 2 0 2 Adrian Peterson MIN RB 238 17.0 1,341 5.6 95.8 12 73T 62 26.1 11 5 4 3 Brian Westbrook PHI RB 278 18.5 1,333 4.8 88.9 7 36 73 26.3 11 0 0 4 Willie Parker PIT RB 321 21.4 1,316 4.1 87.7 2 32 49 15.3 12 0 4 5 Jamal Lewis CLE RB 298 19.9 1,304 4.4 86.9 9 66T 58 19.5 9 2 4 6 Clinton Portis WAS RB 325 20.3 1,262 3.9 78.9 11 32 61 18.8 3 0 6 7 Edgerrin James ARI RB 324 20.2 1,222 3.8 76.4 7 27 52 16.0 4 0 4 8 Willis McGahee BAL RB 294 19.6 1,207 4.1 80.5 7 46T 56 19.0 5 1 4 9 Fred Taylor JAC RB 223 14.9 1,202 5.4 80.1 5 80T 45 20.2 8 4 2 10 Thomas Jones NYJ RB 310 19.4 1,119 3.6 69.9 1 36 55 17.7 2 0 2 11 Marshawn Lynch BUF RB 280 21.5 1,115 4.0 85.8 7 56T 51 18.2 6 2 1

[mod]Smack talk is not permitted anywhere on Finheaven.[/mod]

The Jets and the BIlls will be a .500 team at best. Miami might surprise some teams and end up at .500 or even better, but I'm not going to count on anything.

The Jets wasted money on a mediocre linebacker who had one good season. I highly doubt that makes them contenders. And in case anyone forgot they still have Pennington or Clemens which neither look like they got much potential.

The Bills on the other hand they got a great guy in Edwards. But their defense isn't very good and their offense isn't very consistent.

Fact is, the Patriots don't have much competition for a few years. But the best thing for us is they lost half their defense and the remaining part of their defense has an average age of about 65. Can't forget this spygate thing has to explode sooner or later.

The running game wasn't that good? Lynch only played 13 games and ended 11th in the league and had a 4.0 YPC. It's the passing offense that lacked and the Bills are looking to add a tall WR with Bryant Johnson. If they don't sign him they are certain to get Kelly or Sweed.

yes. NOT THAT GOOD. Ranked 15th in rushing yards and 15th in yards per attempt.

The Dolphins have an O-Line which is widely regarded as below average, and only had Ronnie Brown for 7.5 games and they still had a higher ypc than the Jills.

as for overall offense the Bills were 30th in the NFL, even worse than Miami. Bryant Johnson (who isn't even signed yet) is going to fix this?

EDIT - and now that I took the time to look, their defense wasn't even that good either.

Just a Jills troll...look at the name...

On my worst day as a Dolphins fan(which is still better then the BEST day as a Jills fan) I could NEVER pretend to be another teams fan just to insult them...:loser1:

Yeah pretty weak, the first thought that came to mind was theres no way anyone would pick BUF in the upper echelon of the AFC East...

Hate to say it, but if anyone has a chance to knock off the Pats in 2008, it will be the NY Jets in my opinion....

PHINZ RULE!!!!

[mod]Smack talk is not permitted anywhere on Finheaven.[/mod]
Not a troll... I've been on these boards longer than you. I have been a fan of Willis since his days at the U and was glad when he got traded to Baltimore.

both the bills and jets have improved their lines but still dont scare anybody at the skill positions! therefore both of them are going nowhere.

Back
Top Bottom