Well some people are showing their true colors. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well some people are showing their true colors.

feeleyjustwins said:
You called me a retard, and that's very persoanl!

I am smart, I just don't know football well, so i have to rely on my partner for information.

FeeleyJustWins

(aka-Tad)

^MinorStudRB28

I think it's just the shock of Ricky leaving. My first reaction was pretty non-Miami Dolphin fan like (basically well, that's the end of the season) I had not been following this off season as clsely as I use to, so I am just floored that he retired... one DA%N week before pre-season... Was there any talk that was floating around in the Maimi area vefore this announcement???

Phinzone said:
I'm not going to get on my high horse and act like this decision doesn't bug me. I'm not going to act like I could care less and I don't think this changes our season but you people are really starting to make me sick.

We ALL KNEW Ricky was a risk when we brought him in. We should feel fortunate that we got 2 great years out of the guy. He came here he ran hard, he produced he did what was asked of him for AS LONG AS HE WANTED TO.

I keep hearing this "responsiblity" crap. Just what exactly does he owe us or our organization? How is he "responsible" for anything but his own life? This team banked on him, paid a pretty penny to bring him in, THEY built the team around HIM, not the other way around. The FO misplaced their trust on a player that was a gamble in the beginning and now we all have to pay a price for it. They built the team around ricky, something he never asked for. He never asked for more carries..hell he was happy with Minor as the 3rd round back. The FO rested on it's laurels and tried to have him carry the team. Instead of investing heavily in potent offensive WEAPONS and hungerly pursuing a franchise QB over the last few years. THEY banked on Ricky. I think Feeley has what it takes but i severly question his effectiveness without Ricky's running game. Something that would not be a problem had they secured a franchise QB BEFORE Marino retired. Same damn story as when Dan retired. The FO built the team around ONE guy never planning for the future and they scrammbled to fix it when he left. THEIR problem not his.

Ricky is a rich man, he doesn't owe us a damn thing. "we embraced him, we loved him"....well if Ricky ever did say something right it was that he was figuing out who his TRUE fans were. It's not the fairweather fans that stand by a player when he's good and then push him out the door as he approaches old age. The fact is Ricky has given WAY more to this franchise than they've given back. He's carried it for two years, HE has been the franchise player selling thousands of tickets just to see him, selling merchandise and bringing new fans to the team (those fans will leave now btw but i'll still be here). He's given them their due, now let him take his. "but people paid money to see him play this year" yeah, obviously they did so in effect he's sold THREE years worth of tickets while only taking 2 years in salary. He doesn't owe those fans a thing, he could be sick, injured, or suspended and not play those games. Fans that buy tickets to see a single player rather than a game are foolish to do so in the first place.

people are taking this WAY too damn personally. He made a PERSONAL decision to leave the GAME of football. That's it, he's a player that left a GAME. We knew he was different so just let him be. He doesn't like the spotlight yet he stood in it for a few years for us. If anything WE owe HIM the understanding to let him walk. And YES it is bad timing and he will be sorely missed. but I'm not going to get Rabidly made and slew his name. This is obviously something that came out after his trip to Australia. Do you people that say "I give 2 weeks notice" REALLY think that 2 weeks notice would have made a difference? We could have had over the hill Eddie George...no thanks. We have Minor, we'll make do and rebuild. Let him leave and wish him luck.

Lose the holier than thou attitude. This is a Dolphins board, not a we love Ricky Williams board. If you want to read praise for his courage and ethics, go find a board run by Stuart Smalley. We have a right to begrudge Ricky for his unprofessional behavior. He has left his teammates in a lurch, especially with the timing. Seemingly, he cares about no one but himself. Is that his right? Absolutely? Does it deserve to be admired? No.

ChambersOwnz84 said:
^MinorStudRB28

Well, at least we agree that's a great picture of rikki:)

I wanted to put it up at home, but my partner loves the Patsy's and won't let me.:cry:

FeeleyJustWins

(aka-Tad)

phinman1 said:
Lose the holier than thou attitude. This is a Dolphins board, not a we love Ricky Williams board. If you want to read praise for his courage and ethics, go find a board run by Stuart Smalley. We have a right to begrudge Ricky for his unprofessional behavior. He has left his teammates in a lurch, especially with the timing. Seemingly, he cares about no one but himself. Is that his right? Absolutely? Does it deserve to be admired? No.
you said it bud its the timing :eek:

"Just what exactly does he owe us or our organization? How is he "responsible" for anything but his own life? "

he owes the organization the following: playing football to the best of his ability for the entire length of the contract that he willingly signed... that is what a man does. a man lives up to obligations that he freely entered into for the duration he agreed to. he is neither injured nor unable to participate. hopefully the organization will sue for any moneys paid him already this season.

he owes his (illegitemate) children the best possible life they can be provided. spending summers and now traveling one way to asia to go be a dope smoking mountain climber isnt going to ensure that.

he owes his teammates the opportunity to be the best team they can be, by allowing the organization to fill his spot during free agency and the draft instead of hitting them with this the last week of july. Steven Jackson and Chris Perry were both drafted after Miami's pick in the first round. Eddie George was released by Tennessee and signed by Dallas just this week. i have read without what Ricky would make this year Miami is now approximately 10million plus under the cap. i wonder if maybe that $$$ could've helped land another free agent OL stud this past offseason?

CharlestonPhan said:
"Steven Jackson and Chris Perry were both drafted after Miami's pick in the first round. Eddie George was released by Tennessee and signed by Dallas just this week. i have read without what Ricky would make this year Miami is now approximately 10million plus under the cap. i wonder if maybe that $$$ could've helped land another free agent OL stud this past offseason?

Good point. SJ, Perry, or KJ would have been possibilities at 20, but this does free up money to sign Ogun and CC. And to everybody else, to hell with this doom and gloom? Ricky was a great talent, but the fins got no results with him whatsoever. This team won the AFC East title with Fiedler, Smith, Gasdsen, Sherpard, and a hell of defense. Why can't they do it again?

Sorry guys he DOES have a responsibility. This franchise gave up two first round picks for him and invested a lot of money. At the VERY LEAST he owed them ample opportunity to find a replacement. This crap coiming a week before camp was low and classless.

I think the man is a loser and an idiot and ungrateful for the opportunity this team gave him and the support the local fans gave him when no one else would.

it will change us from a primary running team, to AJ Feeley's passing offense

ocdfinsfan said:
it will change us from a primary running team, to AJ Feeley's passing offense
I hope so, Wayne Huizenga thinks AJ will be the next dan Marino, and I agree.

Go Dolphins!!!!!

FeeleyJustWins

STUPID STUPID POST. Ask any of the fans who showed up for Select-a-Seat Day yesterday and plunked down thousands of dollars for tickets about whether they think Ricky has any responsibility to them.

Phinzone said:
I'm not going to get on my high horse and act like this decision doesn't bug me. I'm not going to act like I could care less and I don't think this changes our season but you people are really starting to make me sick.

We ALL KNEW Ricky was a risk when we brought him in. We should feel fortunate that we got 2 great years out of the guy. He came here he ran hard, he produced he did what was asked of him for AS LONG AS HE WANTED TO.

I keep hearing this "responsiblity" crap. Just what exactly does he owe us or our organization? How is he "responsible" for anything but his own life? This team banked on him, paid a pretty penny to bring him in, THEY built the team around HIM, not the other way around. The FO misplaced their trust on a player that was a gamble in the beginning and now we all have to pay a price for it. They built the team around ricky, something he never asked for. He never asked for more carries..hell he was happy with Minor as the 3rd round back. The FO rested on it's laurels and tried to have him carry the team. Instead of investing heavily in potent offensive WEAPONS and hungerly pursuing a franchise QB over the last few years. THEY banked on Ricky. I think Feeley has what it takes but i severly question his effectiveness without Ricky's running game. Something that would not be a problem had they secured a franchise QB BEFORE Marino retired. Same damn story as when Dan retired. The FO built the team around ONE guy never planning for the future and they scrammbled to fix it when he left. THEIR problem not his.

Ricky is a rich man, he doesn't owe us a damn thing. "we embraced him, we loved him"....well if Ricky ever did say something right it was that he was figuing out who his TRUE fans were. It's not the fairweather fans that stand by a player when he's good and then push him out the door as he approaches old age. The fact is Ricky has given WAY more to this franchise than they've given back. He's carried it for two years, HE has been the franchise player selling thousands of tickets just to see him, selling merchandise and bringing new fans to the team (those fans will leave now btw but i'll still be here). He's given them their due, now let him take his. "but people paid money to see him play this year" yeah, obviously they did so in effect he's sold THREE years worth of tickets while only taking 2 years in salary. He doesn't owe those fans a thing, he could be sick, injured, or suspended and not play those games. Fans that buy tickets to see a single player rather than a game are foolish to do so in the first place.

people are taking this WAY too damn personally. He made a PERSONAL decision to leave the GAME of football. That's it, he's a player that left a GAME. We knew he was different so just let him be. He doesn't like the spotlight yet he stood in it for a few years for us. If anything WE owe HIM the understanding to let him walk. And YES it is bad timing and he will be sorely missed. but I'm not going to get Rabidly made and slew his name. This is obviously something that came out after his trip to Australia. Do you people that say "I give 2 weeks notice" REALLY think that 2 weeks notice would have made a difference? We could have had over the hill Eddie George...no thanks. We have Minor, we'll make do and rebuild. Let him leave and wish him luck.

It is just this kind of libiral thinking that is the downfall of this nation. Yeah no one is responible for his actions. It is alright to do what your heart tells ya. No matter how selfish, perverted, or harmful it is to others. This is such BS. I guess these Serial killers that are just following their heart are just people trying to "find themselves". They are all just misunderstood, right?? Just let them do whatever they wish. It's their decision right?? What a crock.

No man you really need to look at the big picture. He was payed millions of dollars to play a game because there are HUNDREDS of millions of dollars that will be lost when he makes selfish self centered decisions like this. When he says he can no longer follow rules and he NOW feels FREE. All he is saying is he thinks no one follows rules and laws. He has smoked one too many joints and is now living in a fantasy world. If he now thinks he will have less rules to follow now that he is no longer a professional, he has it backward. Now he is just another pot head, waiting to get caught and join Cecil Collins in the big house. We all have rules to follow and will follow them or pay the price. It is called society. You either abide by the rules or you are punished.

Lets play this out in other professions. What if your doctor was getting ready to open you up for a life saving heart tranplant and a few hours before the donors heart gets to the hospital the MD up and says "screw this, I am not gonna live up to my responiblity, I want to go see a movie and smoke a dobe." Well its his choice, right. You die, but no big deal, at least he got to do what he wanted, right???

Don't try and make what he done alright. It's not. This is not about football, it is about this idea that NO one should have to answer for the damage their actions have on others.

Ricky is a drug addict who has decided he would rather pursue that than live up to his responiblities. He has addmitted to long term usage. They should hunt him down and tail him until they catch him using, and then see how he likes the rules from the inside of a prison. That is what would happen if you or me were to admit publically we used drugs on a regular bases. Then he would get to know what rules really are.

Ok...when I first heard this my heart paused for a couple beats I couldnt believe it. It was selfish, classless, unprofessional. But listen... Its not the end of the season. We had made it to the playoffs practically every season before 2002. Once we got Ricky 2002 was our year to do it, but we fell short and unfortunately that was our only legit shot. After 2002 the defenses concentrated SOULY on Ricky and Ricky WAS OUR OFFENSE. The entire offense centered around Ricky and defenses knew exactly what we were going to do and that ricky would get the ball atleast 25 times a game. Now things have changed. With all the changes in the coaching staff, new coordinator etc. we will be a COMPLETELY new offense. This is a good thing...however our weapons are Chambers, McMike, Boston. Those 3 will be concentrated on heavily now because all our reliance is in them and our QB to put points on the board...I havnt heard many positives about Feeley so far so I cant agree with the people who thinks hes going to be marino, if he was going to be a marino he would be amazing..like marino was in his rookie season...we made it to the playoffs without Ricky, and with him we never did, now lets do it again.

Muck said:
Last time I checked, one player doesn't make a team. Ricky is one player. And we still have a heckuva team left over.

I for one am excited about the unknown (after the numbness wore off).

I have the exact same feelings as you, except I think my numbness was from all the alcohol...

NCFINFAN38 said:
It is just this kind of libiral thinking that is the downfall of this nation. Yeah no one is responible for his actions. It is alright to do what your heart tells ya. No matter how selfish, perverted, or harmful it is to others. This is such BS. I guess these Serial killers that are just following their heart are just people trying to "find themselves". They are all just misunderstood, right?? Just let them do whatever they wish. It's their decision right?? What a crock.

No man you really need to look at the big picture. He was payed millions of dollars to play a game because there are HUNDREDS of millions of dollars that will be lost when he makes selfish self centered decisions like this. When he says he can no longer follow rules and he NOW feels FREE. All he is saying is he thinks no one follows rules and laws. He has smoked one too many joints and is now living in a fantasy world. If he now thinks he will have less rules to follow now that he is no longer a professional, he has it backward. Now he is just another pot head, waiting to get caught and join Cecil Collins in the big house. We all have rules to follow and will follow them or pay the price. It is called society. You either abide by the rules or you are punished.

Lets play this out in other professions. What if your doctor was getting ready to open you up for a life saving heart tranplant and a few hours before the donors heart gets to the hospital the MD up and says "screw this, I am not gonna live up to my responiblity, I want to go see a movie and smoke a dobe." Well its his choice, right. You die, but no big deal, at least he got to do what he wanted, right???

Don't try and make what he done alright. It's not. This is not about football, it is about this idea that NO one should have to answer for the damage their actions have on others.

Ricky is a drug addict who has decided he would rather pursue that than live up to his responiblities. He has addmitted to long term usage. They should hunt him down and tail him until they catch him using, and then see how he likes the rules from the inside of a prison. That is what would happen if you or me were to admit publically we used drugs on a regular bases. Then he would get to know what rules really are.
POST OF THE YEAR! Great job man, u saved me alot of writing, cuz u took the words right out of my mouth.All if u ppl saying this is GOOD for our offence, you guys must still b in a denial because of the after shock . U say this will help becuz it will make us a completley new offence? Were better off running alot and then having an improved passing game. Face it, the only 100% sure thing on this offence was tht selfish rasta Ricky. Put it this way, if i asked u "would any of you traded a first round pick for Williams " 3 weeks ago who would have said yes? I guarantee no1 but maybe .1% of the Miami Fan base. So why all of a sudden is it good to lose him for nothing. SUE HIS ***! GET TRAVIS HENRY IN HERE(wihsful thinking).

Back
Top Bottom