Well some people are showing their true colors. | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Well some people are showing their true colors.

Phinzone said:
I keep hearing this "responsiblity" crap. Just what exactly does he owe us or our organization? ... This team banked on him, paid a pretty penny to bring him in, THEY built the team around HIM, not the other way around. .

You answered your own question.

Phinzone said:
Do you people that say "I give 2 weeks notice" REALLY think that 2 weeks notice would have made a difference?

Yes.

DrAstroZoom said:
You answered your own question.

Yes.

Do you need me to point out that he didn't want to be the center of attention? THe TEAM too the gamble and their the ones paying for it. Ricky doesn't like stardom, he had a fricking social disorder for Christ's sake and these people made him the center of the Dolphins universe. HE is not responsible for this the TEAM is responsible.

It was the TEAM that took a chance on Ricky williams

It was the TEAM that made him the centeral cog in our offense

It was the TEAM that rode his shoulders for two years

It was the TEAM that gave him the ball 30+ times per game

It was the TEAM that made him captain

He doesn't owe them jack ****. How you equate Ricky owing the team anything because the TEAM made their OWN decisions and banked TOO Much on Ricky is beyond me. Does the TEAM lean on him? Obviously, but how does that make him owe them anything? It is THEIR fault that we don't have a backup plan. Don't blame Ricky blame our FO. Their the ones that failed to secure the O-line this year, their the ones that brought in a 3rd string QB instead of bringing in a big name (I have all the faith in the world for Feeley BTW but if I were a RB that takes the hits based on teh QB's performance I might question it a little more as well), their the ones that made him take hit after hit because Wanny was too chicken to play balls out football, Their the ones that threw him in the spotlight that we all knew he hated so much.

They did all this and now we're looking at a long difficult season. The guy left for his personal reasons, the trouble that is left behind is the Teams fault They put TOO MUCH emphasis on Ricky Williams Shoulders and we're going to pay for it. But don't ***** at ricky because out O looks pretty questionable right now.

Ok, let's pretend he's giving 2 weeks notice. He gave it to us on Friday which means in 2 fridays he's gone and y'all can't be sore about him leaving :rolleyes: People would be royally pissed had he left after giving 2 weeks notice anyway.

GUys he's my FAVORITE player or was in the NFL. I'm taking this hard too. But it's pretty lame to see people thinking a guy should carry a football and get hit 500 times for a year in a sport he doesn't even want to be in.

Phinzone said:
How you equate Ricky owing the team anything because the TEAM made their OWN decisions and banked TOO Much on Ricky is beyond me. Does the TEAM lean on him? Obviously, but how does that make him owe them anything? It is THEIR fault that we don't have a backup plan. Don't blame Ricky blame our FO.
You'd think the front office's job is to secure a player by having him under contract. But that is apparently worthless to you and evidently to Ricky.

At least it looks like the front office is going to try to get back millions from Ricky.

Phinzone said:
Ok, let's pretend he's giving 2 weeks notice. He gave it to us on Friday which means in 2 fridays he's gone and y'all can't be sore about him leaving :rolleyes: People would be royally pissed had he left after giving 2 weeks notice anyway.
Again, two weeks notice should not apply to every situation. Context is important. For example, imagine it's two weeks before the Presidential election, is two weeks notice enough or proper for John Kerry or George Bush to quit the race? The answer is no. They should have thought long and hard before throwing themsleves in there. The moment to quit has passed just like it had for Ricky. It's irresponsible! He should have played thorugh the season AND given it his all.

Rando said:
You'd think the front office's job is to secure a player by having him under contract. But that is apparently worthless to you and evidently to Ricky.

At least it looks like the front office is going to try to get back millions from Ricky.

Again, two weeks notice should not apply to every situation. Context is important. For example, imagine it's two weeks before the Presidential election, is two weeks notice enough or proper for John Kerry or George Bush to quit the race? The answer is no. They should have thought long and hard before throwing themsleves in there. The moment to quit has passed just like it had for Ricky. It's irresponsible! He should have played thorugh the season AND given it his all.

When the dolphins honor their contracts I'll expect the players to honor theirs. As is Teams always welch on players and Vice Versa. Players have to restructure or be cut. If Ricky quit producing he'd be cut and out of a job. Would the be fair? You have to understand that this is a business and everyone watches out for themselves. Contracts are made to be broken these days I'm sorry to say no one has any loyalty to anyone outside of a rare player. If the team doesn't plan on honoring contracts why do you think the player is obligated to?

You don't seem to understand that he COULDN'T give it his all. There comes a time when your dead inside to what your doing. At that point it's time to move on. Ricky obviously thought he could put one more year in but somewhere along the lines he decided he couldn't. Do you really want to pay a guy millions of dollars to carry a ball 30 times a game when he's not into it. It's human nature that people don't try as hard if their "out of it" and he'sno exception. He did us a favor by leaving now rather than giving us a half assed season. Of course it would have been nice to have him retire at hte end of last season however having him gone now giving young hungry RB's the chance to succeed is better than having a Ricky with no heart.

And if Kerrey or Bush were to Welch out I'd MUCH rather they do it before the election rather than after. Once again, you want a guy that WANTS to be there rather than a guy in the position doing a half assed job.

Phinzone said:
When the dolphins honor their contracts I'll expect the players to honor theirs. As is Teams always welch on players and Vice Versa. Players have to restructure or be cut. If Ricky quit producing he'd be cut and out of a job. Would the be fair? You have to understand that this is a business and everyone watches out for themselves. Contracts are made to be broken these days I'm sorry to say no one has any loyalty to anyone outside of a rare player. If the team doesn't plan on honoring contracts why do you think the player is obligated to?
As I said in a previous post, I don't really care about the contract. My latest comment was regarding your comment that it's the FO's fault and not Ricky's. What can a FO do aside from protecting themselves through a contract? That is why they're now trying to get some money back.

And if Kerrey or Bush were to Welch out I'd MUCH rather they do it before the election rather than after. Once again, you want a guy that WANTS to be there rather than a guy in the position doing a half assed job.
Again, this is not what I am debating. What I'm saying is that it is wrong to defend Ricky for pursuing the "truth" at such a bad time for everybody else....just like it would be for Kerry or Bush to quit.

Rando said:
As I said in a previous post, I don't really care about the contract. My latest comment was regarding your comment that it's the FO's fault and not Ricky's. What can a FO do aside from protecting themselves through a contract? That is why they're now trying to get some money back.

Again, this is not what I am debating. What I'm saying is that it is wrong to defend Ricky for pursuing the "truth" at such a bad time for everybody else....just like it would be for Kerry or Bush to quit.

And rightfuly so. they should get their money back. But he doesn't Owe anyone anything in terms of playing football.

A lot of people think he "owes" us something. They think that since they bought the tickets that paid his salary he owes tham and should have to play. Or that since he signed a contract he owes it to the phins to live up to it.

when the fact of the matter is he had no protection either. He could play and still get fired. He walked away leaving a lot of money on the table. He gave and he got, thus the business side. Because their willing to pay his salary doesn't mean he has to take it. He doesn't owe them a thing. The only person he owes anything is himself, and that's to do the best ot make himself happy.He's rich and can afford to take care of his family as well as quit palying football. He however can't keep the current lifestyle but that's his decision.

It's the people bitching and moaning that he owes someone something, and tearing him apart as a man that are out of line. The FO is well within it's rights to try to recoup some of their money (though Is till say they got a LOT more than they paid him), but a guy shouldn't get this much **** for trying to lead a happy life.

Maybe Memories said:
Alls i got to say is fu*ck ricky wut a *****... he couild have retired in the beginning of that god damn season... now what we have a descent running back and there were some good running backs in Free agency... so now what....
I agree but we stell have a good team and mybe dispite Wanny we will win the gib one. finjim123:roflmao: :D :shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom