wes welker | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

wes welker

canesfins13 said:
He might not even make the team

You know there has to be at least one negative attitude out there.

:shakeno:

Sean Saulsberry or however u spell his name is an idiot.....bad qb, bad analyst.

Heres the thing about using Wes alot...

In 2003, Dante Hall was the man! You all remember, they would get almost a TD a game just from special teams. However, last year they began to use him more on offense. When they started doin this, it caused Hall to be much less effective as a KR/PR man. My only concern about using more of Wes on offense is that it might have a very similar effect on him... thoughts? :feedback:

Nasty

techsanfx4 said:
You know there has to be at least one negative attitude out there.

:shakeno:

Just because he said he might not make the team? He might not. He definatly isnt a "lock" and will need to earn his spot on the roster. Obviously he is a he!! of a kick returner... but I feel he is gunna have to prove his worth as a back-up WR to make the team. So far he has been doing just that and has seemed pretty consistant catching the ball... but he will need to keep it up to make the team.

For the record, I like Wes and that was not a negative attitude... it is just my opinion...

Nasty

PLEEZHELPUSNICK said:
i hope we use wes welker in our offense alot this year. he seems to have morethan just kr/pr talent and could add a whole new demesion to the offense.

He looked like Wayne Chrebet going across the middle in the game. Courage for a smaller guy. That's a good thing. I think Welker will overachieve and be a good playmaker. A fan favorite for sure. He will pop up when we most need a play, on offense or on returns. The difference is Chrebet wore a stupid green uniform.

Outrider01 said:
Wes Welker will be used probably exactly like Dante Hall was used. Returning like a madman, and sparingly at WR. Especially since the Fins are much deeper at WR than the chiefs were/are.

Look for him on "unique" plays and crazy formations. Do I smell a quadruple reverse?:lol:

A quadruple reverse, flea-flicker, drop-kick to a punt return for a touchdown. The amazing thing, Wes will be the only one touching the ball the whole time. And he'll probably tackle himself in the end zone.

:rawk: :beerbang: :drinkers: :cpatch: :hump:
RWhitney014 said:
A quadruple reverse, flea-flicker, drop-kick to a punt return for a touchdown. The amazing thing, Wes will be the only one touching the ball the whole time. And he'll probably tackle himself in the end zone.

Nasty said:
Just because he said he might not make the team? He might not. He definatly isnt a "lock" and will need to earn his spot on the roster. Obviously he is a he!! of a kick returner... but I feel he is gunna have to prove his worth as a back-up WR to make the team. So far he has been doing just that and has seemed pretty consistant catching the ball... but he will need to keep it up to make the team.

For the record, I like Wes and that was not a negative attitude... it is just my opinion...

Nasty

I disagree, I think what made him a less effective returner was the fact that teams were paying much more attention to him and kicking the ball away from him

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I disagree, I think what made him a less effective returner was the fact that teams were paying much more attention to him and kicking the ball away from him

That most definatly played a part... however Dante was taking alot more hits and just playing alot more than he did in 2003. That definatly effects players especially the smaller ones like Dante and Wes... If we are sending Wes on slants over the middle (which I have seen a good amount of in practice and in the preseason game) Wes is gunna take a pounding that his body hasnt experienced before... Im worried it could hurt Welker's explosiveness on kick returns...

Nasty

I really want to see a quick backwards pass to Welker out in the flat, where he pauses for a second, and then heaves a pass deep to Chambers for a TD! I just know Welker has a little QB in him somewhere...

Nasty said:
That most definatly played a part... however Dante was taking alot more hits and just playing alot more than he did in 2003. That definatly effects players especially the smaller ones like Dante and Wes... If we are sending Wes on slants over the middle (which I have seen a good amount of in practice and in the preseason game) Wes is gunna take a pounding that his body hasnt experienced before... Im worried it could hurt Welker's explosiveness on kick returns...

Nasty

I guess this is a place where we agree to disagree. What about Tim Dwight? He is still a good return guy and he is a MUCH better reciever than Dante.

Dol-Fan Dupree said:
I guess this is a place where we agree to disagree. What about Tim Dwight? He is still a good return guy and he is a MUCH better reciever than Dante.

:lol: yes... agree to disagree. It isnt like I am absolutly positive that playing more will hurt his KR abiliities or anything... more just like concerned. I do love what he can do in the open field and feel that he could be a dangerous weapon in the passing game IF used correctly... Quick passes to him in the flats that give him some seperation between him and the defenders would allow him to use his field vision and quickness to the most of his ability. He can also be used in WR screens and reverses because these type of plays also appeal to his strenghts... If he is used correctly, I think he can be dangerous... however I am just a little concerned of how it might effect him physically...

Nasty

Even in college defenders had I good size advantage on him. We are talking about playing defenses like Texas, OU, A&M, and many other well know defensive teams. I know, I know...big difference between college and pro. Point is, he has made his living slanting across the middle and going out into the flats. I'm sure he knows his limits, and I'm positive his good vision will keep him safe and on his feet. Just look at how wide open he can get himself, which in turn gives him plenty of room to run.

http://m2texas.com/dyon/WelkerVideo.wmv

Sorry, this video never gets old to me. :D

Back
Top Bottom